Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Injured students

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 11:49 pm

I know there’s been a lot of discussion about the kids who died. The discussion a lot of times is where their place was at Columbine? I know we assume Cassie probability was one of the hard-core Christians, Lauren might’ve been popular... There were some athletes but not necessarily jocks.

I think Lisa was friends with Robyn somewhat. I do sometimes wonder where Robin fitting? Also we know evan Todd was a jock but what about people like val and Richard?

I guess I’m wondering when it came to Plan B did they injure people they seemingly hated?

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 11:07 am

Other than Isaiah Shoels and possibly Kyle Velasquez it doesn't seem like they targeted specific people. I always got the impression that they were more "victims of opportunity", just people in the wrong place at the worst possible time.
In the library, in particular, they seemed to just be firing at whoever.

Dan Steepleton, Matt Kechter, and I think Pat Ireland also played a sport at Columbine. And I've always had the impression that Lauren and Jennifer Doyle were popular. Can't remember the name of the student, it was a boy, and he said he hid under a table with Doyle, DePooter, and Eubanks. He didn't know Doyle's name but described her as "a popular looking girl".
But people like Curnow, Johnson, Taylor, etc. I don't think they were particularly popular nor athletic.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 11:56 am

Thank you for that!

I have a follow-up question. I have been researching on and off since the beginning... 1999. But the Kyle being targeted theory seems really new. I’ve been hearing about it a lot but it wasn’t something I heard of when I first started.

thelmar

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Personally, I think I lean towards Kyle not being targeted, mainly because he was the first one shot after they entered the library. I think it was more opportunity for Dylan because Kyle was right there and didn't have time or wasn't able because of his size to really hide well.

If I recall, he had only been enrolled at Columbine for a few months at the time he was killed. So, even though in many high schools you tend to know who the special education kids are, it doesn't seem like he'd really have been there long enough for E&D to know who he was. I included him as a possible target only because E&D made their dislike for mentally challenged people well known in their writings and the tapes.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 5:32 pm

thelmar wrote:
Personally, I think I lean towards Kyle not being targeted, mainly because he was the first one shot after they entered the library. I think it was more opportunity for Dylan because Kyle was right there and didn't have time or wasn't able because of his size to really hide well.

If I recall, he had only been enrolled at Columbine for a few months at the time he was killed. So, even though in many high schools you tend to know who the special education kids are, it doesn't seem like he'd really have been there long enough for E&D to know who he was. I included him as a possible target only because E&D made their dislike for mentally challenged people well known in their writings and the tapes.

I don’t think he was targeted either

I don’t remember Dylan ever saying anything bad about mentally challenged people

I’m under the impression that they just hated people in general, including themselves.

thelmar

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I don’t remember Dylan ever saying anything bad about mentally challenged people

I’m under the impression that they just hated people in general, including themselves.

I guess I infer it because he had bullied Adam Kyler, who was also a student with special needs. But you're right, I don't think it's documented anywhere that Dylan wrote or said anything specifically about mentally challenged people, just Eric.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 11:13 pm

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I guess I infer it because he had bullied Adam Kyler, who was also a student with special needs. But you're right, I don't think it's documented anywhere that Dylan wrote or said anything specifically about mentally challenged people, just Eric.

Ah yes .i forget about him because I don’t believe everything that he said Dylan did...

Injured students  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured students    Injured students  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injured students
Page 1 of 1