Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lanza on SBB

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:53 am

Sorry if it has already been discussed but what was Smiggles' avatar if he had one?

Also, don't you think it is weird that he wrote so few posts on the forum, given the intensity of his fascination for mass murders and the time he had?
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70474
Forum Reputation : 28

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 3:43 pm

He posted alot more than we can see
He delted loads and we can only see most that got replys
And i don’t think the old forum had profile pictures
Back to top Go down

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Smiggles94 wrote:

And i don’t think the old forum had profile pictures

On the file with the full thread he posted in there is no profile pictures, but I thought it was due to the cache and the archived version, but maybe not then.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 149159
Forum Reputation : 2629

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 pm

This is what the old board looked like:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:18 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
This is what the old board looked like:
And the cool thing is that you can actually still access some archives the old forum through the Web Archive, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I've read through some of the old threads just to get more of a feel for what it was like when it existed. If you're interested, you can look through some of the pages that were saved here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not every page has been saved but you can see some of the original threads.

Jenn has said that she purposely used similar colors on this forum so that it resembles the old one. By the time it changed over to SBB (which is what that compilation of cached pages are), Adam probably wouldn't have been visiting.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Neah wrote:
Also, don't you think it is weird that he wrote so few posts on the forum, given the intensity of his fascination for mass murders and the time he had?

Not at all. IIRC he himself said he was wary about even joining the site since he feared it would put him on a watchlist (though this might've been a joke), plus he kept himself busy with other things - college, video games, psychotic episodes, you know, that kind of thing.

sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Neah wrote:
Well, if Adam is to be believed, he was lurking for several years before he even joined. Maybe he wasn't very interested in conversing through a forum format because we now know that he was writing e-mails to an online friend about mass murder (I think she had said that they averaged about one e-mail a month) so maybe that was enough for him. Also, Adam claimed not to be particularly interested in Columbine so maybe he preferred speaking one-on-one with someone who was interested in various mass shootings instead of talking with an entire group of people whose main focus was Columbine. Another possibility is that he primarily saw the site as a place to socialize with people who were open to discussing controversial subjects and because of that, people he felt comfortable with, rather than as a place to share research.

It is a good question though. He was so obsessed with mass murder and even among the posts that we do have, so many of them were attempts at humor or about unrelated topics. Supposedly, people with Asperger Syndrome go on and on about their obsession of choice but Adam was apparently very good at keeping it in his pants (so to speak) when it came to mass murder. Thinking about it, it makes me wonder if he was concerned about appearing too interested. It might have been a consideration given his statement that he initially saw it as the kind of site that would get you put onto a terrorist watch-list. Whether he was kidding or not, I think there was some truth to the idea that he was paranoid about his online activities, especially once he decided that he was going to commit a massacre of his own.

anna444 and sashimi like this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 am

Someone told me (I think it was Cleaning Columbine) that Danny didn't allow avatars on his forum. I'm not really sure why because Danny had this whole "freedom of speech" policy over on his forum where you could abuse and harass whoever you wanted as long as it wasn't Danny. And Adam was actually a member and was making posts on Danny's forum, not Desti's forum (SBB). By the time she took over and changed the name and layout of the forum, I think Adam had already stopped posting there. I joined in January 2012 and I don't recall him ever posting there after February 2012.

Does anyone know if Adam made any posts after July 23, 2012? Because that is when the forum changed from Super Columbine Massacre RPG to Shocked Beyond Belief. And SBB lasted only 7 months and then she closed it down. She reopened it as an archive until July 23, 2014 and then it was permanently gone.

So there was only a total of 7 months that members could actually post on there and that was July 23, 2012 - February (I think 28th but don't know for sure) 2013. If Adam didn't make any posts in that time frame, then he did not post on Shocked Beyond Belief at all.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 149159
Forum Reputation : 2629

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 6:08 am

sscc wrote:
Neah wrote:
Well, if Adam is to be believed, he was lurking for several years before he even joined. Maybe he wasn't very interested in conversing through a forum format because we now know that he was writing e-mails to an online friend about mass murder (I think she had said that they averaged about one e-mail a month) so maybe that was enough for him. Also, Adam claimed not to be particularly interested in Columbine so maybe he preferred speaking one-on-one with someone who was interested in various mass shootings instead of talking with an entire group of people whose main focus was Columbine. Another possibility is that he primarily saw the site as a place to socialize with people who were open to discussing controversial subjects and because of that, people he felt comfortable with, rather than as a place to share research.

It is a good question though. He was so obsessed with mass murder and even among the posts that we do have, so many of them were attempts at humor or about unrelated topics. Supposedly, people with Asperger Syndrome go on and on about their obsession of choice but Adam was apparently very good at keeping it in his pants (so to speak) when it came to mass murder. Thinking about it, it makes me wonder if he was concerned about appearing too interested. It might have been a consideration given his statement that he initially saw it as the kind of site that would get you put onto a terrorist watch-list. Whether he was kidding or not, I think there was some truth to the idea that he was paranoid about his online activities, especially once he decided that he was going to commit a massacre of his own.

He did exchange a few PMs with one of the members of the board:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Adam Lanza on SBB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza on SBB   Adam Lanza on SBB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam Lanza on SBB
Page 1 of 1