Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rampages contra massacres

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70966
Forum Reputation : 95

Rampages contra massacres  Empty
PostSubject: Rampages contra massacres    Rampages contra massacres  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Rampages = going from place to place (if I´m not mistaken).
Massacres = slaughtering a large number of people in one location.

Why do you think some mass shooters go on rampages (Derrick Bird, Elliot Rodger, Michael Ryan, Howard Unruh) while others do massacres (Eric/Dylan, Seung Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, James Holmes)? 

The first that comes to mind with massacres in school shooting is probably the clique one, that the shooter hated the school and the people in there. 
What about rampages? Maybe it´s a sense of creating havoc and chaos, and make a bigger impact on the community instead of just one single location? 

What do you think is the reason/reasons for either two?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Rampages contra massacres    Rampages contra massacres  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 4:06 pm

I have noticed Massacre shooters tend to target a specific target they have a lot of hatred for (School, Workplace etc..) while rampage shooters have a hatred for society as a whole.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Rampages contra massacres    Rampages contra massacres  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I have noticed Massacre shooters tend to target a specific target they have a lot of hatred for (School, Workplace etc..) while rampage shooters have a hatred for society as a whole.
Now you mention it it actually seems that way.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Rampages contra massacres    Rampages contra massacres  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 4:32 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
So it would make more sense for rampage shooters to kill people in different areas than in one specific location.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Rampages contra massacres    Rampages contra massacres  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
So it would make more sense for rampage shooters to kill people in different areas than in one specific location.
Yeah I would think so, or maybe I don´t understand the word Rampage, maybe it is a spree killing I think of? I think it can be hard sometimes to know the difference with all the things the media dubs killers; Rampage killer, spree killer, massacre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampages contra massacres    Rampages contra massacres  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rampages contra massacres
Page 1 of 1