Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Michael Moore Schools David Hogg

Go down 
+4
TheGoodGuy
W.A.R.
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 3:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




David Hogg received a civics lesson from filmmaker Michael Moore after the teenage anti-gun crusader urged Canadians to contribute to politicians in the 2018 U.S. midterms.

“I have a question for you  guys: Who’s ready to save America?” Hogg asked the crowd at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada on Friday. Attendees were on hand for a screening of Moore’s new film, “Fahrenheit 11/9,” and Hogg was joined by other Parkland school students on stage.

Hogg ranted about the “mass incarceration of people of color” and water crisis in Flint, Mich., and asked the crowd to act on its “shame”— by giving to left-leaning politicians running for office.

“I think Canadians can donate to political campaigns in the United States,” Hogg said.

Moore then shook his head while standing next to Hogg. “No, they can’t give us money,” the filmmaker told Hogg.

“They can’t?” Hogg asked. “Well, uh, vote here.”

Moore then grabbed the microphone back from Hogg.

The Federal Election Campaign Act prohibits “any contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” from foreign nationals, according to the Federal Election Commission’s website.

Hogg wasn’t silenced for long, however, grabbing the microphone later in the panel and imploring the IRS to investigate President Trump for receiving “$30 million from Russia via the NRA.”





Haha Roll

The original video was taken down by youtube for "violating" some policy, so I had to scramble to find this snippet. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 93417
Forum Reputation : 600
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.


When did he EVER look good? scratch
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 93417
Forum Reputation : 600
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 5:19 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.


When did he EVER look good? scratch
I mean he's only got worse as time passes by.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.


When did he EVER look good? scratch

I mean he's only got worse as time passes by.

Haha
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121828
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 6:02 pm

I'm just gonna say I hate them both and leave it at that.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 6:12 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I'm just gonna say I hate them both and leave it at that.


BAHAHA! Roll
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Roll

Very awkward.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 am

Halcyon666 wrote:
Roll

Very awkward.


Agreed. Very Happy You know Mikey was rolling his eyes just a bit. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.




Posts : 582
Contribution Points : 71773
Forum Reputation : 345
Join date : 2017-03-11

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 10:52 am

"No videos making David Hogg look like a dumbass even if its his own words" is an interesting policy youtube has.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 11:13 am

W.A.R. wrote:
"No videos making David Hogg look like a dumbass even if its his own words" is an interesting policy youtube has.


Haha
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 72141
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 30

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 1:03 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.


When did he EVER look good? scratch
He actually looked decent in his younger days. In the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" he show a picture of him as a teenager where he holds a rifle in a competition.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 1:58 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.


When did he EVER look good? scratch
He actually looked decent in his younger days. In the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" he show a picture of him as a teenager where he holds a rifle in a competition.


It's been a hot minute or so since I watched Bowling for Columbine, I can't recall that particular picture. scratch  BUT I'll take your word on it.   Although the word "decent" can mean different things to different people. Haha
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 72141
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 30

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 2:16 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.


When did he EVER look good? scratch
He actually looked decent in his younger days. In the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" he show a picture of him as a teenager where he holds a rifle in a competition.


It's been a hot minute or so since I watched Bowling for Columbine, I can't recall that particular picture. scratch  BUT I'll take your word on it.   Although the word "decent" can mean different things to different people. Haha
Yeah that is true. Let me put it another way he didn´t look like a melted slug back then, he had a nice posture and no triple chin  LOL
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Hogg is the ultimate dumbass. Also I would like to say how terrible Michael Moore has aged, like Jesus Christ he does not look good.


When did he EVER look good? scratch
He actually looked decent in his younger days. In the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" he show a picture of him as a teenager where he holds a rifle in a competition.


It's been a hot minute or so since I watched Bowling for Columbine, I can't recall that particular picture. scratch  BUT I'll take your word on it.   Although the word "decent" can mean different things to different people. Haha
Yeah that is true. Let me put it another way he didn´t look like a melted slug back then, he had a nice posture and no triple chin  LOL


Roll
Back to top Go down
Mein Gott




Posts : 24
Contribution Points : 53210
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-18

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 6:36 am

David Hogg seems like a nice kid, but he's clearly over his head. He's too green, too young and naive. At 18, being involved in politics is okay but he should recognize that he's too inexperienced to portray himself as the leader of a crusade, and that he comes off as arrogant and pretentious.

Plus, with all due respect, his "survival" wasn't that dramatic to start off, he hid in a closet... I'm very respectful of the losses he might have gone through, but hiding in a closet during a shooting does not entice being the ultimate word on US politics and gun laws that everyone must follow.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess


Posts : 487
Contribution Points : 68507
Forum Reputation : 430
Join date : 2017-10-22

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 6:45 am

Mein Gott wrote:

Plus, with all due respect, his "survival" wasn't that dramatic to start off, he hid in a closet... I'm very respectful of the losses he might have gone through, but hiding in a closet during a shooting does not entice being the ultimate word on US politics and gun laws that everyone must follow.

I'm not really sure if this is confirmed or not so take it with a very large grain of salt but apparently Hogg and some of the other student activists weren't even in the same building where the shooting went down in, hiding in a closet in a building that wasn't targeted during a shooting isn't really the best survival story and you get even more extreme claims that Hogg and others weren't even in school that day and only showed up shortly after the shooting ended. I have made it clear that I don't like these Parkland activists (not because I'm pro-second amendment, not even american to begin with) but I hope Hogg's "survival" story is the former despite probably being on the opposite side of campus from Cruz, if it really is the latter than lets just say that's other one to the list about the many problems with the Parkland activists .

Back to top Go down
Mein Gott




Posts : 24
Contribution Points : 53210
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-18

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:15 am

UncontinuedProcess wrote:


I'm not really sure if this is confirmed or not so take it with a very large grain of salt but apparently Hogg and some of the other student activists weren't even in the same building where the shooting went down in, hiding in a closet in a building that wasn't targeted during a shooting isn't really the best survival story and you get even more extreme claims that Hogg and others weren't even in school that day and only showed up shortly after the shooting ended. I have made it clear that I don't like these Parkland activists (not because I'm pro-second amendment, not even american to begin with) but I hope Hogg's "survival" story is the former despite probably being on the opposite side of campus from Cruz, if it really is the latter than lets just say that's other one to the list about the many problems with the Parkland activists .      


Yeah, I'm not even American myself. I'm Italian, and Italy's gun laws are as strict as they get - thankfully. I think that Parkland activists do come off as a bit arrogant and in-your-face, especially considering their age and inexperience.
Again, I understand that being literally meters away from a horrendous massacre and being subjected to cyberbullying pro-gun nuts must take a toll on you, and I fully respect their anger and pain.

Just, I don't think that their attitude will ever lead the American people to enacting a lasting change of their gun problem. However, to the follow-up question, "Then what do you think might lead Americans to address their gun violence epidemic" I have no real answers and I'm quite grateful of living where both guns and ammunitions are strictly regulated.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:19 am

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Mein Gott wrote:

Plus, with all due respect, his "survival" wasn't that dramatic to start off, he hid in a closet... I'm very respectful of the losses he might have gone through, but hiding in a closet during a shooting does not entice being the ultimate word on US politics and gun laws that everyone must follow.

I'm not really sure if this is confirmed or not so take it with a very large grain of salt but apparently Hogg and some of the other student activists weren't even in the same building where the shooting went down in, hiding in a closet in a building that wasn't targeted during a shooting isn't really the best survival story and you get even more extreme claims that Hogg and others weren't even in school that day and only showed up shortly after the shooting ended. I have made it clear that I don't like these Parkland activists (not because I'm pro-second amendment, not even american to begin with) but I hope Hogg's "survival" story is the former despite probably being on the opposite side of campus from Cruz, if it really is the latter than lets just say that's other one to the list about the many problems with the Parkland activists .


There have been many contradictory reports/news articles on this issue. Some saying that Hogg was at the school, some that he was at home and then went to the school after he heard about the shooting. It's really unclear what really happened. Also the fact that David himself has told different variations of the story doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Mein Gott




Posts : 24
Contribution Points : 53210
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-18

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:26 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:



There have been many contradictory reports/news articles on this issue. Some saying that Hogg was at the school, some that he was at home and then went to the school after he heard about the shooting. It's really unclear what really happened. Also the fact that David himself has told different variations of the story doesn't help.

Does it really make a difference? Even the most dramatic scenario, in which he was at school from the beginning and hid in the closet, it still doesn't make him the martyr he's been portrayed as. And, again, I must stress that being shocked, angry, pained and resentful is perfectly fine, I would be, too if a bloodshed of that proportion was happening near me.

I simply don't believe that Hogg is the spokeperson, the poster boy so to speak, that the American gun control movement needs to convince the masses - although I fully agree with the kernel of his message and his campaign to get people voting against Republicans.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 93417
Forum Reputation : 600
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:47 pm

I think Hogg and the rest of the Parkland activists should fuck off now, they've had their 15 minutes of fame and should go back to being rich, spoiled High School students. They've got to accept the fact that they're never going to take people's freedom away.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121828
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I think Hogg and the rest of the Parkland activists should fuck off now, they've had their 15 minutes of fame and should go back to being rich, spoiled High School students. They've got to accept the fact that they're never going to take people's freedom away.

Well maybe not for this generation, or even the next, but considering how an alarming number of Americans are calling for more restrictions on their rights I wouldn't say never.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 93417
Forum Reputation : 600
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
I think Hogg and the rest of the Parkland activists should fuck off now, they've had their 15 minutes of fame and should go back to being rich, spoiled High School students. They've got to accept the fact that they're never going to take people's freedom away.

Well maybe not for this generation, or even the next, but considering how an alarming number of Americans are calling for more restrictions on their rights I wouldn't say never.
I don't think America will ever ban guns (thankfully), but if they do then they're going face how disastrous gun control will be.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Mein Gott




Posts : 24
Contribution Points : 53210
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-18

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
I think Hogg and the rest of the Parkland activists should fuck off now, they've had their 15 minutes of fame and should go back to being rich, spoiled High School students. They've got to accept the fact that they're never going to take people's freedom away.

Well maybe not for this generation, or even the next, but considering how an alarming number of Americans are calling for more restrictions on their rights I wouldn't say never.
I don't think America will ever ban guns (thankfully), but if they do then they're going face how disastrous gun control will be.  

You mean as here in Italy, where there has never been a school shooting or a rampage-style mass shooting at all? And by "never" I mean: never. Not even once. Despite being home to several mafias, Italy has one of the lowest rates of murder and gun violence in the Western world, five and a half times lower than in the United States.
We must be doing something right, and I think that strict gun and ammunition laws are a big part to that.

kejti likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 93417
Forum Reputation : 600
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Mein Gott wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
I think Hogg and the rest of the Parkland activists should fuck off now, they've had their 15 minutes of fame and should go back to being rich, spoiled High School students. They've got to accept the fact that they're never going to take people's freedom away.

Well maybe not for this generation, or even the next, but considering how an alarming number of Americans are calling for more restrictions on their rights I wouldn't say never.
I don't think America will ever ban guns (thankfully), but if they do then they're going face how disastrous gun control will be.  

You mean as here in Italy, where there has never been a school shooting or a rampage-style mass shooting at all? And by "never" I mean: never. Not even once. Despite being home to several mafias, Italy has one of the lowest rates of murder and gun violence in the Western world, five and a half times lower than in the United States.
We must be doing something right, and I think that strict gun and ammunition laws are a big part to that.
You seem to forget that Switzerland has guns and there's been no School Shootings there, same as Austria, New Zealand, Serbia, and Cyprus. Mexico on the other hand, has very strict gun control yet it has some of the highest murder rates in the world.

It's almost like there are other issues that need to be addressed apart from banning guns.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder


Posts : 2232
Contribution Points : 87278
Forum Reputation : 340
Join date : 2016-06-28
Location : my room

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 11:59 am

Ironic how the latest Canadian mass murderers used a stolen gun and a van.
Back to top Go down
iforgotmyoldname2

iforgotmyoldname2


Posts : 36
Contribution Points : 63792
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-07-18

Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 6:30 pm

He didn't get "schooled". He got corrected since the kid made a mistake.

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Moore Schools David Hogg    Michael Moore Schools David Hogg  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Michael Moore Schools David Hogg
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» David Hogg Swatted
» David Hogg's new book
» Is David Hogg a crisis actor?
» David Hogg's date for the next walkout.
» David Hogg vs Emma Gonzalesz

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting-
Jump to: