Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82032
Forum Reputation : 3068

Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Empty
PostSubject: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm trying to piece this stuff together, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember initially the police said that there was no video of E & D leaving the bombs in the cafeteria because that morning, sometime around 11 am, a janitor turned off the surveillance video and rewound the tapes. This left the impression that the leaving of the bombs was either missed or taped over.

We've now all seen the video that appears to show Eric and Dylan in the cafeteria shortly before 11 placing the bombs.

I was just reviewing the police statement of Sid Keating, the school narc (pg. 5715)
Keating was shown 2 video tapes “for the purpose of review and identification of CHS students and associates”. The 1st tape was E & D the morning of the attack, the last Basement Tape. They muted it when they showed it to her.
The second tape was “of CHS cafeteria on 4/20/1999 starting at 8:03 am. Individuals known to be TCM members or associates were identified as Dustin Gorton and Brian Sargent. Lance Kirklin, victim, is also identified on the videotape prior to being shot.

So, does this mean that police have the entire morning of 4-20 on the cafeteria surveillance tapes?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm

There are indeed several hours worth of cafeteria footage. You can find the hours long vid on youtube. BUT what the police had and what they released could be two totally different things. Suspect Haha
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:29 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
There are indeed several hours worth of cafeteria footage. You can find the hours long vid on youtube. BUT what the police had and what they released could be two totally different things. Suspect Haha

I've seen one on Youtube that starts at about 10:30 am and goes to about 2:15 pm. I think the time stamps are accurate because the confusion, etc. seems to start around 11:20ish.
But if they were showing Keating video from that day that begins at 8:03 am, that means there is still more than 2.5 hours of tape not released, right? Or is that out there too and I just haven't found it yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm

thelmar wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I've seen one on Youtube that starts at about 10:30 am and goes to about 2:15 pm. I think the time stamps are accurate because the confusion, etc. seems to start around 11:20ish.
But if they were showing Keating video from that day that begins at 8:03 am, that means there is still more than 2.5 hours of tape not released, right? Or is that out there too and I just haven't found it yet?

Honestly it's Jeffco, so who knows? Rolling Eyes  

Remember these are the very same people who for years claimed there was no footage of the bombs being planted. Then low and behold an arm chair detective found what is 99% for sure, actual footage of E&D planting the bombs that morning. Who knows what Jeffco had and either lost, or just over looked. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:59 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Remember these are the very same people who for years claimed there was no footage of the bombs being planted. Then low and behold an arm chair detective found what is 99% for sure, actual footage of E&D planting the bombs that morning. Who knows what Jeffco had and either lost, or just over looked. Evil or Very Mad

It really is infuriating. And it's hard to even know what percent is incompetence and what percent is fabrication because goodness knows, they have had a shitload of both! Mad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 7:08 pm

thelmar wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well to be blunt what's even the point of two and a half more hours of footage that doesn't actually add any more insight on the case and doesn't even have either Eric, Dylan, or any of their friends on it?

thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 6:23 am

QuestionMark wrote:

Well to be blunt what's even the point of two and a half more hours of footage that doesn't actually add any more insight on the case and doesn't even have either Eric, Dylan, or any of their friends on it?

But if Jeffco missed E & D planting the bombs in the footage that IS available, they could have conceivably missed other things, too. More eyes on them potentially means more developments in the case.

I guess I'd like to know if there is any more than can be learned. I'd also like to know the origin of the story about the janitor shutting off the surveillance tapes to rewind them. Did that even happen or was it more subterfuge by Jeffco? They said he did it just after 11 am but there is footage from that time, so that doesn't make sense.

Like so many things about Columbine, this is a detail that is just going to bug the hell out of me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 7:09 am

thelmar wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

But if Jeffco missed E & D planting the bombs in the footage that IS available, they could have conceivably missed other things, too. More eyes on them potentially means more developments in the case.

I guess I'd like to know if there is any more than can be learned. I'd also like to know the origin of the story about the janitor shutting off the surveillance tapes to rewind them. Did that even happen or was it more subterfuge by Jeffco? They said he did it just after 11 am but there is footage from that time, so that doesn't make sense.

Like so many things about Columbine, this is a detail that is just going to bug the hell out of me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I agree wholeheartedly with you on this!

Jeffco proved countless times over the years that they weren't above lying and conveniently misplacing things that directly affected the case.

Also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I know we have talked about me being overly skeptical before. Suspect BUT in this case I feel Jeffco has earned every bit of scrutiny.  Haha
Back to top Go down
rathomir

Contribution Points : 51675
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 12:08 pm

I don't see any subtifuge. Eric and Dylan did nothing suspicious in the moment. You'd only know to look for their behavior after the fact. So police missing them doing something on the tape wouldn't be accountable in any way. The event had already happened.

The security cameras were only there to spot people leaving litter on the tables. They were reviewed after the fact (several days sometimes) and tardies handed out accordingly, and then recycled. so no real time scrutiny was in place. They were not there for security period. Security of that ilk wasn't a thing in the school, which is why no where else had security cameras.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 12:27 pm

rathomir wrote:
I don't see any subtifuge. Eric and Dylan did nothing suspicious in the moment. You'd only know to look for their behavior after the fact. So police missing them doing something on the tape wouldn't be accountable in any way. The event had already happened.

The security cameras were only there to spot people leaving litter on the tables. They were reviewed after the fact (several days sometimes) and tardies handed out accordingly, and then recycled. so no real time scrutiny was in place. They were not there for security period. Security of that ilk wasn't a thing in the school, which is why no where else had security cameras.

We were talking about the fact that these detectives supposedly poured over these tapes looking for clues after the attack, yet totally missed what I and many others are 99% sure is footage of E&D carrying and placing the bombs in the cafeteria.

If they could miss such a crucial piece of evidence then it makes you wonder what else they might have missed as well.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 4:21 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I know we have talked about me being overly skeptical before. Suspect BUT in this case I feel Jeffco has earned every bit of scrutiny.  Haha

We have gone over this before yeah. Like before I'm just saying it doesn't make sense for them to hide something that doesn't paint them in a bad light. There's no point.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?   Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cafeteria surveillance tape- discrepancies?
Page 1 of 1