Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Empty
PostSubject: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 4:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz was an avid video gamer who frequently played as much as 15 hours or more a day, his neighbors and others told investigators.

Documents released by prosecutors Friday show authorities were deeply interested in Cruz’s considerable online activities. They quickly discovered group chats in which it became clear Cruz had talked about murder beforehand.

“I didnt know hed do it fr,” a friend wrote on a group chat on his Instagram page, a couple hours after Cruz killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, the school he’d once attended.

That meant: “I didn’t know he’d do it for real.”

Cruz told classmates, friends, family and acquaintances of his desire to kill. Some reported it, others didn’t take him seriously and said nothing.

He was a special education student from his earliest years and had trouble with academics, but online, he was proficient.

A detective portrayed him in one search warrant as having an “extensive network over the internet.” He had numerous social media accounts as well as financial accounts, some in his dead mother’s name. Cruz may have used his Internet skills to acquire firearms and ammunition, one search warrant says. He also had researched other mass shootings online, and posted deadly threats. He even sent himself text messages about killing people.

“These various accounts have proven to hold evidence of Cruz’s obsession with guns and also his intentions to harm others with gun violence,” a detective wrote in a search warrant application for Cruz’s Google email accounts.

In the aftermath of the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, detectives used search warrants to seize laptops, cell phones and an iPad belonging to Cruz. They subpoenaed Instagram and Snapchat, Uber, Google and YouTube, to delve into his emails, his postings and conversations, looking for evidence that he planned the school shooting ahead of time. Cruz had dropped crumbs all across the world wide web.

Executing a search warrant at the home where Cruz was living, police took iPhones, an iPod, computer hard drives, an Amazon Echo Dot voice-controlled “smart” speaker, a Samsung digital camera, USB thumb drives, desktop and laptop computer, and XBox game consoles.

Cruz’s habitual video gaming and online infatuation are hinted at throughout police and school records from his childhood. His love for his XBox video game console made it a tool for discipline in the household. His mother, Lynda, took the Xbox away as a form of punishment, records say.

A 2013 police report says his mother called Broward Sheriff’s Office because Cruz, who was 14 at the time, “was increasingly irate and throwing objects across the room after losing his video game privileges.”

A troubled teen who lacked in social skills, Cruz took to the online world.

“Nikolas spends most of his time alone playing his Xbox,” a 2014 psychiatric report about Cruz reads. “He has no friends in the neighborhood and feels rejected by his peers in school.”

A male student who knew Cruz from JROTC told police that Cruz “constantly changed Instagram profiles.”

In one, he held a black semi-automatic firearm with an orange tip, with his face partially covered. In another, Cruz was armed with knives and wore a bandanna around his mouth.

Cruz’s brother, who identified him in surveillance video as the shooter, told authorities Nikolas also used the Instagram account nikolascruzmakarov, showing numerous pictures of assault rifles and ammunition. On that account, he discussed buying and firing assault rifles. The user name was a gun reference: a Makarov is a Russian semi-automatic pistol.

Financial records show he subscribed to gun-related magazines and visited “Pro Fourth Amendment” websites, the records state. The government, under the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, cannot conduct “unreasonable” searches of people or their homes without valid cause.

He also was active on YouTube. Authorities found a threatening exchange with another YouTube user “Michelle Wood,” dated January 13, 2018, in which he commented about shooting someone.

“Please are you one of those types of people that think you’re the only one that has a gun,” Wood replied, to which Cruz reportedly said: “Its 2018 trust me you’re not hard to find. Keep talking.”

Under the YouTube account “True Crime Enthusiast” — police found several videos one specifically titled “Nikolas showing off a bullet.”

Cruz had at least nine gmail addresses including crazynikolas6979 and antifakiller69, search warrants show.

On a cell phone Cruz left at the crime scene, authorities found a request for an Uber driver to take him to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High on Feb. 14.

Detectives subpoenaed Cruz’s Uber account activity to find every trip he took starting Nov. 1, the day his mother died.

On Feb. 14, Uber driver Laura Zecchini picked up Cruz from the Parkland home where he lived and dropped him off at Stoneman Douglas. He was carrying a rifle case, but the driver described it as a guitar case.

He told her he was going to the school for a music class. The ride cost $4.53.

I'm still wanting to see the other videos that were supposed to be on his cell. Unless they have back tracked on that now and are only going to release those few short clips. scratch
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Cruz may have used his Internet skills to acquire firearms and ammunition, one search warrant says.

This sentence is just so funny to me. What "internet skills" did he need to type in the words "where to buy a gun and ammo online"? Working hands and reading comprehension?

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 7:25 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Cruz may have used his Internet skills to acquire firearms and ammunition, one search warrant says.

This sentence is just so funny to me. What "internet skills" did he need to type in the words "where to buy a gun and ammo online"? Working hands and reading comprehension?

Which is the kind of skills readers from an article that translates “I didnt know hed do it fr,” may not have.

Believe me, when I see some of my teachers using a computer, I'm amazed that some people still don't even know how to plug a memory stick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 8:20 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Haha
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 am

Anti-gun advocates picked literally the worst mass shooter to latch their movement to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 11:08 am

W.A.R. wrote:
Anti-gun advocates picked literally the worst mass shooter to latch their movement to.

That all depends on how you look at it. scratch

They picked what turned out to be one of the MOST preventable ones for sure, BUT they didn't know this at the time. Either way they have still drummed up A LOT of attention.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Contribution Points : 61151
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

I wonder if he ever visited this or similar forums. Chances are probably small, but not nonexistent.

Is there any evidence that he studied mass shootings? This is not in the article, but something I have wondered for a while.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Devil wrote:
I wonder if he ever visited this or similar forums. Chances are probably small, but not non-existent.

Is there any evidence that he studied mass shootings? This is not in the article, but something I have wondered for a while.

Well considering he stated online that he was going to be a professional school shooter, I'd say there is a good chance that he did indeed study school shootings to some degree.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:12 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Devil wrote:
I wonder if he ever visited this or similar forums. Chances are probably small, but not non-existent.

Well considering he stated online that he was going to be a professional school shooter, I'd say there is a good chance that he did indeed study school shootings to some degree.

Yea, you are probably correct.

I hope I can see some more documents (if they exist.) concerning this matter. I would like to know more about his interests in mass shootings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Devil wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Devil wrote:

Yea, you are probably correct.

I hope I can see some more documents (if they exist.) concerning this matter. I would like to know more about his interests in mass shootings.

His next court date is set for Nov. 15th. Maybe something will be released between now and then, or shortly after.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Devil wrote:

I remember a news article that mentioned he studied Columbine and one of his YT accounts had posted on a video about Charles Whitman. I can try and track em down if you like.

Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:41 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Devil wrote:

I remember a news article that mentioned he studied Columbine and one of his YT accounts had posted on a video about Charles Whitman. I can try and track em down if you like.

Thank you for the tip.

I found the articles. I had no knowledge of this until now.

This shooting does not seem to have much resemblance to Columbine or Charles Whitman.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:46 pm

He also left this comment on a Elliot Rodger video:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web   Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nikolas Cruz dropped crumbs all across the worldwide web
Page 1 of 1