Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Active shooter at Chicago hospital

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66194
Forum Reputation : 248

Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Empty
PostSubject: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 5:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Four people were shot and two are dead, including the suspected shooter, after a shooting at Mercy Hospital on the city's South Side, Chicago police said. A Chicago police officer is among the injured.

Police said shots were fired both inside and outside the hospital between 3 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Multiple injuries have been reported, but police have not said how many people were injured or how severely.

Chicago police said an officer was shot and wounded. The officer was taken to University of Chicago Hospital in critical condition, police said.

Police said one suspect has been shot. A partial evacuation is underway.

The exact circumstances of the shooting were not clear. The hospital is located in Bronzeville near the intersection of 25th and Michigan Avenue.

"It was chaos, mass chaos," said James Gray, witness.

A man who witnessed the Mercy Hospital shooting said a man shot a woman three times in the chest outside an entrance. After she fell to the ground, he said the man stood over her and shot her three more times.

Gray said he saw a man and a woman who looked like they were walking towards the parking lot.

"The gentleman turned around and shot three times in the chest," Gray said. "Once she fell to the ground, he turned around and shot her three more times."

Gray described the shooting as surreal, "like a movie scene." He said the shooter and the woman had been speaking before the shooting, but he didn't know if they knew each other.

"They were walking and talking and he just turned around and started shooting. It wasn't a heated exchange. It was just like we're talking now," he said.

A woman who was working inside Mercy Hospital Monday afternoon said she was less than 20 feet from the scene when the shots rang out.

Nigary Thomspon, who works at the hospital's family clinic, said she heard eight or nine shots. The clinic's employees and patients locked the doors and hid in the back of the clinic.

"I am scared as hell. I have never been so scared, I hear of shootings going on every day at people's workplaces, but not where I work at. This was very too close to me. That could have been us back there and if any bullets had pierced the wall we all would have been hurt," Thompson said.

A witness who was across the street at the time of the shooting said he heard six or seven gunshots that he initially thought were sounds from nearby construction. He said he saw a large police presence arrive at the hospital shortly after, and people running out of the hospital.

National Teachers Academy was placed on hard lockdown at 3:55 p.m. as a precaution due to the shooting. The elementary school is a few blocks away from the hospital."

Fucking hell. I know this place too.

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Why would anyone shoot up a hospital?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Gun controll has failed in Chicago......

Tommy QTR wrote:
Why would anyone shoot up a hospital?

Easy targets, Niko Bellic had done it many times. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Oh shit, I was hospitalized there before and i always thought what if this happened LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Henry Bello strikes again from the dead
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66194
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 9:52 pm

The death count rose to 4.

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 pm

They've confirmed the death toll now stands at 4 dead; 1 ER doctor, 1 pharmaceutical assistant, and 1 police officer, and 1 perpetrator. An unknown number (probably very low) are injured.  Allegedly the shooting started over a domestic dispute between the shooter, Juan Lopez (32), and his ex-fiance, Tamera O'Neal (who worked as a ER doctor). They were arguing in the parking lot when he shot her in the chest 3 times then shot her in the head/chest 3 more times while she was on the ground. Lopez then continued shooting and went into the hospital where shot some more. At some point after killing others, including police officer Sam Jimenez, Lopez was shot by police in the head and died a short time after, this took place inside the hospital.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FULL DISPATCH AUDIO

Tamera O'Neal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Officer Samuel Jimenez

Another responding officer who was shot but the bullet was blocked by his service weapon

*I couldn't find any pictures of the perpetrator (Juan Lopez) or the pharmaceutical assistant (name hasn't been released yet)
Back to top Go down
roxietheinvestigator

roxietheinvestigator

Contribution Points : 49771
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Situations like this, just prove an importance of a safety techniques to me. Sure, it won’t help in all situations, but at least can prevent (reduce) similar damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter at Chicago hospital    Active shooter at Chicago hospital  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Active shooter at Chicago hospital
Page 1 of 1