Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School Shooting Games

Go down 
+2
joebox97
Lizpuff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68325
Forum Reputation : 255

School Shooting Games Empty
PostSubject: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 2:53 pm

There have been multiple developers trying to release school shooting games over the years and people modding released games with levels mimicking school shootings.

What are your thoughts on these?

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is, I guess I am more level headed and open minded. I don't get offended at things like this. To me, freedom of expression and speech should be allowed to everyone, as long as people are not getting physically hurt by it.

And blaming violence from video games doesn't really seem like an excuse to me as I've been playing violent games since I was 7-8. I was never violent in school or my youth, why? Probably because my parents taught me morals and brought me up in a good way. I see video games as just a scapegoat for bad parenting.

If your offended by it, don't play it, don't look it up, ignore it, etc. If something is annoying or offensive to me, I don't waste my time acknowledging it or trying to bring it down, backlash, whatever. If its something I don't like, I simply don't include it in my life, if other people like whatever, if I don't like that is their choice. I'm not going to stop them.

I read about one of these school shooting games being pulled from the market as people got so offended by it that they made a petition to get it pulled and they succeeded. Although in the land of modding there is already MODs for doom of columbine, a game about the V Tech shooting and im sure others I haven't seen.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 3:28 pm

I also do not think that games make people violent/give people violent ideas. Things like Columbine would have happened without the games.

Personally I have never been thru a school shooting so for me the game itself would not bother me. However I know that people that have been thru such an event do feel differently and I respect that. I agree that they could just ignore it but sometimes those things are more easily said than done. On the other hand, everyone is offended by everything so we can't censor the entire world

joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68325
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
everyone is offended by everything so we can't censor the entire world

This is so true
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 69941
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I also do not think that games make people violent/give people violent ideas.  Things like Columbine would have happened without the games.  

Personally I have never been thru a school shooting so for me the game itself would not bother me.  However I know that people that have been thru such an event do feel differently and I respect that. I agree that they could just ignore it but sometimes those things are more easily said than done.  On the other hand, everyone is offended by everything so we can't censor the entire world
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like how this guy still keeps playing shooting games, believe in owning guns and has airsoft rifles (AR15) even though he got shot with a real life version this rifle.
Back to top Go down
REBdoomer1999

REBdoomer1999

Contribution Points : 63612
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the SMG from the latest release of Brutal Doom looks vaguely like a Hi-Point 995 from this angle. Sergeant Mark IV can be delightfully tasteless at times, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was intentional.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 6:56 pm

Damn this forum is messy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 6:11 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 6:37 pm

I think it's pretty tasteless to try to make something that accurately simulates a spree shooting or school shooting.

Columbine RPG, for what it's worth, didn't do that, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 7:15 am

9mmtomyhead wrote:
I don't have much thoughts on it. A individual does not get inspired to kill by some shooting game.

Games are part of the general culture we live in - just like books and films and religious ceremonies. Culture has a strong influence on how people behave.

Having said that, videogames are just a drop in an ocean of influences. One generation always blames youth problems on those things that are new and that they didn't have in their own day. People used to blame comic books and Elvis Presley and the Beatles. Then violent films, videogames and Manson. Who cares, they will probbaly gonna start blaming smartphones and covid next.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting Games   School Shooting Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School Shooting Games
Page 1 of 1