Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?

Go down 
+2
QuestionMark
TheGoodGuy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 56241
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 28

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Do they wanna surpass previous ones or just do a lot of destruction by killing and injuring as many as they can without a specific number in mind?

_________________
Childhood Was Paradise 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 4:01 pm

I think Adam Lanza wanted to get a high score.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4091
Contribution Points : 101714
Forum Reputation : 3054
Join date : 2017-09-04

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:35 pm

It varies from killer to killer. Nikolas Cruz talked about how he wanted to kill "at least" twenty people, so in that case, yes, he cared about his kill count.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel

DanielBryer, Rosie1756 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 56241
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 28

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 6:48 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
It varies from killer to killer. Nikolas Cruz talked about how he wanted to kill "at least" twenty people, so in that case, yes, he cared about his kill count.
But clearly he didn´t care about surpassing previous shooters since he "only" wanted 20 which makes me wonder, why 20? If the highest kill count prior had been 19 it would have made sense.

_________________
Childhood Was Paradise 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3060
Contribution Points : 103624
Forum Reputation : 819
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Oh, I definitely think that kill count matters to them and they wanna surpass other school shooters. Dylan and Eric set up the bombs in the cafeteria to go off at the time they believed there would be the most people in there.

I tend to think they just walked around shooting walls and lockers towards the end because Eric was disappointed in what a failure the whole thing was.

Paddock in Vegas I 100% believe was going for a huge kill count. That's why he picked an outdoor event that was packed and was shooting people at an elevated level from a distance.

The Virginia Tech shooter was most likely looking for a high count too. He was definitely a fan of Dylan and Eric's, so I'm sure he wanted to surpass them and he didn't waste time the way Dylan and Eric did. He went from room to room, killing them as quickly as possible.

So yea, I think the majority of them (well except Randy Stair) probably care about the number.

_________________
"Someday, you will ache like I ache".

Rosie1756 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 56241
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 28

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Jenn wrote:
Oh, I definitely think that kill count matters to them and they wanna surpass other school shooters. Dylan and Eric set up the bombs in the cafeteria to go off at the time they believed there would be the most people in there.

I tend to think they just walked around shooting walls and lockers towards the end because Eric was disappointed in what a failure the whole thing was.

Paddock in Vegas I 100% believe was going for a huge kill count. That's why he picked an outdoor event that was packed and was shooting people at an elevated level from a distance.

The Virginia Tech shooter was most likely looking for a high count too. He was definitely a fan of Dylan and Eric's, so I'm sure he wanted to surpass them and he didn't waste time the way Dylan and Eric did. He went from room to room, killing them as quickly as possible.

So yea, I think the majority of them (well except Randy Stair) probably care about the number.
I agree with that too but what do you think about George Sodini, Elliot Rodger, James Holmes and Dylann Roof?

_________________
Childhood Was Paradise 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4091
Contribution Points : 101714
Forum Reputation : 3054
Join date : 2017-09-04

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 7:11 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
It varies from killer to killer. Nikolas Cruz talked about how he wanted to kill "at least" twenty people, so in that case, yes, he cared about his kill count.
But clearly he didn´t care about surpassing previous shooters since he "only" wanted 20 which makes me wonder, why 20?

1. It's a nice, round number.
2. He did say "at least", so I presume that when he spitballs a figure of 20, it's to both set a defined goal and keep it realistic.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel

Rosie1756 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 56241
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 28

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 7:20 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
It varies from killer to killer. Nikolas Cruz talked about how he wanted to kill "at least" twenty people, so in that case, yes, he cared about his kill count.
But clearly he didn´t care about surpassing previous shooters since he "only" wanted 20 which makes me wonder, why 20?

1. It's a nice, round number.
2. He did say "at least", so I presume that when he spitballs a figure of 20, it's to both set a defined goal and keep it realistic.
That makes sense I guess.

_________________
Childhood Was Paradise 

Rosie1756 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3060
Contribution Points : 103624
Forum Reputation : 819
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Oh, I definitely think that kill count matters to them and they wanna surpass other school shooters. Dylan and Eric set up the bombs in the cafeteria to go off at the time they believed there would be the most people in there.

I tend to think they just walked around shooting walls and lockers towards the end because Eric was disappointed in what a failure the whole thing was.

Paddock in Vegas I 100% believe was going for a huge kill count. That's why he picked an outdoor event that was packed and was shooting people at an elevated level from a distance.

The Virginia Tech shooter was most likely looking for a high count too. He was definitely a fan of Dylan and Eric's, so I'm sure he wanted to surpass them and he didn't waste time the way Dylan and Eric did. He went from room to room, killing them as quickly as possible.

So yea, I think the majority of them (well except Randy Stair) probably care about the number.
I agree with that too but what do you think about George Sodini, Elliot Rodger, James Holmes and Dylann Roof?
I don't know much about Sodini so I can't say for sure with him. Rodger, yes, I think he wanted to kill as many "beautiful, sexually active, blondes" as he could and that's why he tried to get into their dorm at the college. He's another one who just improvised because his initial plan was a fail.

I'm not really sure about James Holmes. I've never had much interest in that case. And with Roof, I think that race was more important to him than the number. He probably would have done the same thing if there were 2 people in there or if there were 20.

_________________
"Someday, you will ache like I ache".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Dylann Roof did the shooting with the intention of killing Clementa Pinckney, a South Carolina State Senator. It amazes me that what he did is considered a hate crime and not terrorism. I disagree with the concept of hate crime charges and terrorism charges because I fail to see how an attack deserves harsher punishment for having political/religious motives instead of personal or other more standard motives.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Anders Breivik
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:20 pm

The thing is, a high kill count makes you a sucessful shooter, although columbine shooters got a low kill count and are worshipped around the world today.
Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner


Posts : 154
Contribution Points : 41805
Forum Reputation : 83
Join date : 2018-08-07

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

The ones that kills themselves will never know their true kill count. Makes you wonder if that is a deciding factor in the ones that choose to go to prison, so that they can see how many they killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Michael Ryan (Hungerford Shooter), asked the police for the casualty figures before he convinced himself to shoot himself.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 6:23 pm

Pekka-Eric Auvinen hoped to kill at least 1 or 5 people, or maybe more. He probably hoped he would kill as many as Eric and Dylan, maybe even more than them if he tried hard enough. It seems he too had plans to destroy his school by arson, which to him would hopefully kill many people, but as we all know that failed. But he did achieve his goal of killing more than 5 people. He probably felt disappointed that his petrol wouldn't light.

Martin Bryant asked the police how many he killed and he was surprised when they told him he killed 35
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer


Posts : 840
Contribution Points : 15374
Forum Reputation : 79
Join date : 2022-09-10
Age : 26
Location : Exeter, England

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Ethan Miller wanted to kill "at least 10".

vril dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosie1756




Posts : 193
Contribution Points : 2934
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2022-09-10
Location : The Backrooms

Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 5:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Michael Ryan (Hungerford Shooter), asked the police for the casualty figures before he convinced himself to shoot himself.

I find Michael's conversation with police to be the saddest part of any mass shooting.

Engel and DanielBryer like this post

vril dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?   Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Do Mass Shooters even care about kill count?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Low kill Count Active Shooters Who Interest You
» Thought: E and D kill count if..
» School Shooters/Mass Shooters physical state during their shooting.
» Mass shooters last meals
» Mass shooter's/Attempted Mass Shooters online monikers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: