Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64137
Forum Reputation : 1210

Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Empty
PostSubject: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 am

Please note that this was done out of curiosity alone and I mean no disrespect with this post. No I'm not obsessed with seeing dead people nor do I have any sort of unhealthy  fascination. I personally believe the photos of the victims should never see the light of day. I apologize before hand if this post offends someone. I'm not going to post the picture here but rather a link to it.

..Now. I took a still from footage of Rachel Scott's recovery, zoomed in on her face, then flipped the picture. Then I did my best to highlight what features I could distinguish. This might not even be an accurate portrayal at all, but I found it interesting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 am

Wasn't the body of one of the victims outside published in the newspaper? It was Daniel Rohrbough I believe.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 9:39 am

NSAhoneypot wrote:
Wasn't the body of one of the victims outside published in the newspaper? It was Daniel Rohrbough I believe.
Yeah it was Daniel Rohrbough. Fun fact, that pic of him dead in the Newspaper was how his parents first learned of his death, as the Police had yet told them that he had died.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:29 pm

This is interesting. Even if it's not accurate (it may or may not be), that clear image of her eye is very haunting.

Rache's death is the one that bothered me the most, not only because SHE DIED A PROUD CHRISTIAN MARTYR HYUCK HYUCK but because she was the first to go, and haunted her brother for the rest of his life. Plus the sheer sick visual of her body being dragged to 15 different locations as SWAT played a game of toss the corpse always made me very sad. I've been curious to see what poor Rachel looked like ever since.

And no, for anyone who's familiar, the shots of "her" on a table in a hospital / morgue are NOT of her, they're of Rachel CORRIE, a peace activist who was deliberately run over by a bulldozer while protesting in a foreign nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:41 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
This is interesting. Even if it's not accurate (it may or may not be), that clear image of her eye is very haunting.

Rache's death is the one that bothered me the most, not only because SHE DIED A PROUD CHRISTIAN MARTYR HYUCK HYUCK but because she was the first to go, and haunted her brother for the rest of his life. Plus the sheer sick visual of her body being dragged to 15 different locations as SWAT played a game of toss the corpse always made me very sad. I've been curious to see what poor Rachel looked like ever since.

And no, for anyone who's familiar, the shots of "her" on a table in a hospital / morgue are NOT of her, they're of Rachel CORRIE, a peace activist who was deliberately run over by a bulldozer while protesting in a foreign nation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Yes they did seem to wrestle A LOT with her poor body. Very sad to think about her family seeing that. ALso sad that people think that was the real Rachel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yes they did seem to wrestle A LOT with her poor body. Very sad to think about her family seeing that. ALso sad that people think that was the real Rachel.

I understand the need to bring her to a different place but it's just odd that they couldn't seem to find one and then continue on as normal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:49 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
Yes they did seem to wrestle A LOT with her poor body. Very sad to think about her family seeing that. ALso sad that people think that was the real Rachel.

I understand the need to bring her to a different place but it's just odd that they couldn't seem to find one and then continue on as normal.

Well she did eventually find a place to rest. I just hope it was with loved ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:56 pm

Well she did eventually find a place to rest. I just hope it was with loved ones.

Very true. It's just a shame that she had to wait so long and go through so much to get there.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64137
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Here is my best guess at the events: they go to move Rachel from the spot she was killed at but discover she is dead so they move Richard first. Then they go back and retrieve her body, bring it to the fire truck for final verification that she had passed. Then they move her from behind the fire truck to the side so her body wouldn't be in the way in case the truck needed to be backed up to provide cover for the swat team. At this point I believe that in all the chaos and confusion, the team with her body were maybe thinking surviors were going to be sent to another exit of the school. There was so much info and misinformation flying around that I bet there was a miscommunication here. So after students started running up the hill past her body they were like "oh fuck" so they moved her from to the other side of the fire truck and put her backpack over her face so at least any more students that saw her would not see her face

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 1:11 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:
Here is my best guess at the events: they go to move Rachel from the spot she was killed at but discover she is dead so they move Richard first. Then they go back and retrieve her body, bring it to the fire truck for final verification that she had passed. Then they move her from behind the fire truck to the side so her body wouldn't be in the way in case the truck needed to be backed up to provide cover for the swat team. At this point I believe that in all the chaos and confusion, the team with her body were maybe thinking surviors were going to be sent to another exit of the school. There was so much info and misinformation flying around that I bet there was a miscommunication here. So after students started running up the hill past her body they were like "oh fuck" so they moved her from to the other side of the fire truck and put her backpack over her face so at least any more students that saw her would not see her face

That's essentially how I've always seen it as well. Grab Rachel, discover that she's DOA, move her aside to check out Costaldo. Load him up for transport while Rachel's body is being hurdled by terrified students until they have a break to pull her back behind the truck on that wet hill, where they just let her arm flop to the ground. I myself never noticed that they covered her face with a backpack though. I wonder how many students were able, in the confusion and terror, to identify who she was or even that she was deceased as they ran past her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 9:04 pm

miketheratguy wrote:

The way the swat dragged her body through the mud was disrespectful imo. I get that she was dead and the swat were trying to stay safe, but in my opinion once the swat realized she was dead they should have left her body there until she could be removed in a more respectful way.
Back to top Go down
iforgotmyoldname2

iforgotmyoldname2

Contribution Points : 62142
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
NSAhoneypot wrote:
Yeah it was Daniel Rohrbough. Fun fact, that pic of him dead in the Newspaper was how his parents first learned of his death, as the Police had yet told them that he had died.
This fact is one of the least "fun" things I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123450
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 7:45 pm

The Picture was really chilling No thanks for the pic

PostSubject: Re: Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*   Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possibly(?)the best photo we'll get of a victim *Graphic*
Page 1 of 1