Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?

Go down 
+2
katherinex
rf1985
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rf1985

rf1985

Contribution Points : 50040
Forum Reputation : 0

Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 4:48 pm

To understand my wackiness, you'll need a few items. The FBI Evidence Diagram PDF as well as Evidence Volume's 1 and 2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Above is the link to diagram

We know, based on evidence released, that the propane bombs placed in the cafeteria/commons did not detonate. We know Harris and Klebold started fires in the cafeteria/commons and also shot at the propane bombs in hopes of detonating them. Looking at the highlighted video showing their movements placing the bombs, I agree that the bombs appear to have been placed near Tables RR and FF, as documented in both the Evidence Log and Cafeteria/Commons diagram. At 11:45:47, Dylan throws a pipe bomb in the area of the planted propane bombs, likely hoping it would detonate them. It does not, but it does start a significant fire in front of Table BBB. However, there is essentially no “bomb” evidence documented at Table BBB.

Regarding bomb locations:
- At Table FF, item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the timing mechanism
- Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the bomb, next to Tables RR and QQ
- Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is “explosive parts”
- Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a clock gear part

Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is titled “bomb explosion location” and it is documented at Table HH. However, looking at the Evidence Diagram, not only is Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] not noted near Table HH, it is NOT identified on the diagram at all.

Look along the wall dividing the seating/tables area from the kitchen. There are (3) jogs in the wall there, and according the diagram, some evidence was logged in that area.
Items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are a full kerosene jug and a coleman fuel can, respectively. These are logged at Table RR, but according to the diagram, are along the wall to the kitchen.

-Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the propane can and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the coleman fuel can, both located at Table RR
-Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is documented as “coleman fuel can (empty)” and is documented at table PP. I cannot find Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I do see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Did [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] get skipped?

Looking at the highlighted video showing their movements placing the bombs, I agree that the bombs appear to have been placed in the vicinity of Tables RR and FF, as documented in both the Evidence Log and Cafeteria/Commons diagram.
At 11:45:47, Dylan throws a pipe bomb in the area of the planted propane bombs, likely hoping it would detonate them. It does not, but it does start a significant fire in front of Table BBB. However, there is essentially no “bomb” evidence documented at Table BBB.

They wonder around for about another minute, then leave the Cafeteria/Commons. They do not appear to move or plant any more bombs. They return to the Cafeteria/Commons about 11 minutes later, appear to throw another pipe bomb, then leave the cafeteria for the final time just after Noon.

Here are my questions:
-Did one bomb partially explode?
-Why are there bomb parts near the dividing wall to the kitchen? If neither bomb exploded, parts likely wouldn’t have flown that far
-Where is evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the bomb explosion location, cannot be found. Why?

I apologize on the sloppy formatting and rambling nature, I'm new to the forum.
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 62136
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 7:09 pm

The propane bombs would have been heavy but as the sprinkler system was activated in the cafeteria, a lot of items were displaced by the water.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80747
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:34 am

Interesting stuff.

As I understand, no, the bombs did not partially explode, just the gas can tied to one of the bombs was lit by Klebold's molotov cocktail (not a pipe bomb).

On April 22, bombs in the kitchen were found. It's almost certainly why you see them enter the kitchen on the CCTV. Since they wanted people fleeing from the cafeteria outside, they probably put bombs in the kitchen so nobody would be protected in there. I imagine that's why the fuel in the kitchen.

Not sure if 4404 was skipped or was irrelevant because it was empty.

In the evidence log, 4332 is marked as "photo only", so it might just be a photograph, not a physical item. It also says "bomb explosive location" not "bomb explosion location".
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58799
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 12:44 am

cakeman wrote:
On April 22, bombs in the kitchen were found. It's almost certainly why you see them enter the kitchen on the CCTV. Since they wanted people fleeing from the cafeteria outside, they probably put bombs in the kitchen so nobody would be protected in there. I imagine that's why the fuel in the kitchen.

Woah, wait. That’s a new revelation for me. There is video of E & D taking bombs in the kitchen, but no video of them planting the propane duffel bags in the crowded lunchroom l? And two students carrying in bombs/tanks didn’t raise suspicion, at least with the kitchen/cafeteria staff?

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 3:51 am

I am referring to after the library massacre, after they've shot at the bombs, etc, the more infamous aspects of the cafeteria cctv, when there's nobody in the cafeteria but them. During that time, they enter the kitchen. I used to find that curious. But, there were 2 propane bombs in the kitchen. They were surely checking to see if they could make them explode.

How exactly they planted them, I'm not sure. If it is indeed them around 10:58 captured on the CCTV, Eric walks back, but Dylan does not. Maybe Dylan doesn't come back because he still has to plant the bombs in the kitchen. Despite the usual story, he seems to have been the bomb guy. If we use the usual story, he was still the more suicidal one, so maybe he was more likely to mess with a bomb.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 82309
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was found by table PP, but it's not listed on the map as you pointed out, and my guess is because they listed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in two spots - one of those was probably supposed to be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

There are 12 items of evidence that were recovered from table HH, mostly backpacks. The only item from table HH that is documented is a blue jacket [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The diagrams and maps don't always contain 100% of evidence locations for a couple reasons. First reason being that when there wasn't enough room on the map to indicate all evidence in a particular location, they created multiple maps or they documented additional evidence in an addendum which is located elsewhere if not attached to the map itself. The second reason is maps are created in stages, and also to intentionally show the location of different classes/types of evidence for different purposes.

Another factor to consider is that many of the maps that were released are works in progress, as the locations of evidence was being verified against photo and video sources. As the items were verified, new maps were produced. We definitely don't have all of the maps.

If you look closely at the map you linked, you'll notice that some evidence is marked by a solid dot and others are marked by an unfilled dot. Since we can't see the full map, we don't have the legend to see what the different dots indicate, if it was even documented on the actual map. But, generally speaking different types of dots on a computerized map are used to indicate which pieces of evidence have been verified thus far. So, when you see a map with multiple types of dots, it's either a map in the process of verifying evidence locations via photos and not the final map, or the different types of dots represent different classes or categories of evidence because the map was created to show only certain types of evidence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wasn't a tangible item so it's not going to be indicated on a map designed to show the location of evidence, but it might be on another type of map.

Hope that helps!

**Edited to add that I believe Randy Brown was the source of the map you linked to as well as several other maps. I had physical copies of these years ago but gave them away and don't have scans so I can't reference the full version. However, the full versions do exist and if nobody has them, it might be possible to get a copy from Randy directly.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 12:51 am

I should note I now think I am was wrong about the kitchen bombs. I intend to make a post about this in future. It seems just about every source when first reporting the cafeteria bombs reported that they were in the kitchen. I could probably find at least 10 seemingly authoritative sources, CNN, ABC, etc. Even on tv, they did a diagram with it. Was eager to explain why they went into the kitchen on the CCTV, and bombs in there had it finally make sense. However, it seems they must have just been looking for people hiding, or something like that. It's still quite curious that there are gas cans near the kitchen according to this diagram, and still has me curious why, if roaming the halls was about 'destroying the school', why they didn't spread gas around the school and light it.  I guess they set up the cafeteria rather like their cars, just place gas cans about.

Also, I had two bombs unaccounted for in the total, and so had that resolved by two extra propane bombs. I now think those must refer to the aerosol cans in the diversionary bomb. If it's not that, I'm really at a loss.

I also confess Eric said he had 6 time clocks, but I thought maybe he got two more, or rigged up pairs of bombs to use one clock in the case of diversions and kitchen. But, nope, looks like it was the two diversions, two cars, and two in the cafeteria.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm

You can find the FBI Evidence Diagrams in the Master Archive

Research Documents --> 015910-015911 FBI Evidence Response Team Overall Upper/Lower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?   Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential Issues with Evidence Log/Diagrams. Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1