Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts   Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:09 pm

After doing some research, I noticed that a lot of people had believed that both boys had self harmed prior to the massacre.

Most evidence for Dylans was the phrase: "I was mr Cutter tonight..."
Dylans autopsy showed no real prominant evidence of self harm or cutting, however he could of done it in other ways. I believe that the phrase "Mr Cutter" had no real meaning behind it and that he just meant it as more of a casual term for someone taking (anti)depressants. Much like emo connatates to cutting and vice versa. Also when he mentions slitting his wrists, i dont think it was literal at all

As for Eric, His autopsy showed lacerations and cuts at the top of his left upper arm. I believe this could have been caused by shattering glass ect considering that he also had a broken nose for unkown reasons. I dont believe it was self mutilation, as his goals were to harm other people than himself. Also, there was no mention of self harm in his journal (unlike Dylan)

I just think it would be intresting to hear your opinions on these claims and maybe you guys could elaborate a little more :]

-regards,
Ella
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90124
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts   Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Dylan said he had "eleven depressioners" on his right hand. Other people have stated he had a fascination with knives. I think he cut himself or otherwise harmed himself in a less visible way (pricking himself, maybe?) and it just healed before the autopsy.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
blackholesun

Contribution Points : 76737
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts   Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Dylan might've just been a shallow cutter. Cutting is a quick release for frustration anyways. The deep cuts you seen are caused by repeated self-mutiliation on the same areas. I know that I wouldn't have scars if I hadn't been so set on creating them - something that I regret today.

I like what you said about Eric though; I think it makes more sense than the claims of him being a cutter as well.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98143
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts   Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:16 am

ellaapiee wrote:

Dylans autopsy showed no real prominant evidence of self harm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Rebdomine

Contribution Points : 75746
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts   Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 12:04 pm

People usually talk about or write about cutting. It is something done in private. Were either of them cutters? No one will ever really know.

rebel vodka likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts   Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan & Eric potential self harm thoughts
Page 1 of 1