Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm

Go down 
+2
Tommy QTR
School Massacre Archives
6 posters
AuthorMessage
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 70744
Forum Reputation : 248

UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Empty
PostSubject: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 10:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"An engineering student at UCF was arrested after police discovered he was keeping a fully-automatic AR-15 in his car at an on-campus dorm, authorities said.

UCF police began investigating Max Bennett Chambers, 19, after receiving a tip that he possessed drop-in auto sears, which can be used to convert a semi-automatic rifle into an automatic weapon.

According to an affidavit, Chambers allowed police to search his vehicle at the Towers at Knights Plaza, a complex of apartment-style dorm towers on the main campus. The AR-15 was found inside the vehicle and Chambers admitted to owning it, police said.

An FDLE firearm instructor test-fired the weapon and confirmed it was fully automatic, the affidavit said. The gun was found with a brand-new six-round magazine, but was able to fire at least 19 rounds consecutively with a single trigger pull, police said.

“The test fire confirmed the AR-15 is a machine gun,” the affidavit said.

According to police, Chambers confessed to manufacturing three of the devices in December and testing one on the AR-15 earlier this month. He said he knew using the device was illegal, “but said he does not like laws,” according to the arrest affidavit.

So-called DIAS devices are illegal in Florida under the state’s ban on bump-fire stocks, which also convert semi-automatic weapons to full-auto. The law prohibiting the devices took effect in October. A similar federal ban is slated to take effect in March.

According to the affidavit, Chambers also possessed a bump stock. He faces charges of possession of a machine gun and a bump-fire stock. The sophomore mechanical engineering major has also been trespassed from campus, the Police Department said.

Police Chief Carl Metzger said in a statement that Chambers never made any threats to the university.

“However, any violation of state law and university policies related to firearms is concerning in this day and age” Metzger said, crediting the tip and assistance from federal authorities “which enabled us to take swift action and get these illegal devices off our campus.”

Police detectives are still investigating, the UCF Police Department said in the statement, adding that the U.S. Attorney’s Office has also been notified that federal laws may have been violated."

I wonder if this is what the aftermath is gonna be like on the ban on bump stocks?

Contribution Points : 96317
Forum Reputation : 600

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 12:44 pm

Seems like another prevented Mass Shooting.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 124728
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 2:08 pm

School Massacre Archives wrote:
He said he knew using the device was illegal, “but said he does not like laws,” according to the arrest affidavit.

This man was a real smart cookie.

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Stopping him from having that gun is a violation of the 2nd ammendment. Mad "The right to keep and bear arms, shall NOT be infringed"
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Stopping him from having that gun is a violation of the 2nd ammendment.  Mad  "The right to keep and bear arms, shall NOT be infringed"
He broke the law, it's his own fault.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
Stopping him from having that gun is a violation of the 2nd ammendment.  Mad  "The right to keep and bear arms, shall NOT be infringed"

An Unconstitutionol law.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 2:57 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

An Unconstitutionol law.
It's still the law though, this guy was most likely planning a Mass Shooting, so it's a good thing he had his illegal firearm taken away.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 3:41 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

An Unconstitutionol law.

You wanna see some real fucked in the head gun laws, take a look at New York or California. I wish the courts would strike em down but that doesn't seem likely to happen.

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Well, I am glad that this guy was actually caught before he had the time to do something devastating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Good thing he got caught before he could commit a tragedy, and I hope he gets the help he needs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 5:11 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

An Unconstitutionol law.

You wanna see some real fucked in the head gun laws, take a look at New York or California. I wish the courts would strike em down but that doesn't seem likely to happen.

What laws are there in NY and California? They can't be any more restrictive than the UK.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 90178
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm

I'd like to have an AR like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:24 pm

Text of Reddit post from the roommate of the accused asking for advice:

Title: New roommate this semester has severe medical issues, how do I handle this?

Original Post:

I'm a freshman in college, over winter break that ended this week and classes started again I got a new roommate in our dorm (it's a "suite" two rooms with 2 people in each and a common area/bathroom).

My last roommate had to leave housing over winter break because it cost too much for him, it sucks and he was awesome and all of us in the suite tried to help him find scholarships and everything else to apply to and for over break but he still had to get a hardship to leave his housing contract.

So I come back this week to a new roommate (the one in my room in the suite). We were all home and gone over break and I guess he moved in sometime during break and stayed here. So we all come back this week and meet him/introduce ourselves and it seems kind of normal for about half a day but then he starts being extremely odd.

He is on more pills than I've ever seen anyone have, even when my grandma was in hospice care she didn't have as many. I only bring this up now because it's important later, if someone needs pills that's fine I'm not shaming him for taking them.

So throughout the week the 3 of us haven't seen him ever leave to class or leave except twice a day to shower in the morning and shower at night. Over the week we have had various friends come over and hangout, play Xbox whatever just catch up from break.

He's 100% fine and even pleasant to be and have around when the visitors are male. However if we have females over he goes 100% reclusive and hides. At first we thought he was just really shy or afraid of girls. Not super surprising in college, some people are raised really differently and college is their first time away from parents and their rules.

Over the week we try and talk to him about coming to hangout this weekend with us at a party, catch a movie, dinner whatever and we have one of our friends get him a kind of date just so he's not an extra wheel and doesn't feel out of place.

We want to try and get him out of the dorm and like hangout, maybe even figure out why he's not in class ever. So today we told him of our plans for tonight or tomorrow night whichever worked for him and show him a pic of the girl and you know try to hype him up, get him out etc.
He entirely freaked out, calling us traitors, conspiring against him, and now he must "erase the issues". When asked wtf and to elaborate he goes into what I can only describe as an "incel rant" now I don't mean that in some derogatory way, there is literally no other way to describe it. To be honest I thought the entire "incel" thing was online trolling and just people messing around but I can now say I've met one and I think he's dangerous.

He says he has plans on his laptop he must finish before he can help us, I honestly believe this guy is going to try and hurt either the girls we have brought by, or random girls or even us.

He ran to take an extra shower mid day just a while ago and we took a look at his pill bottles, we wanted to figure out wtf they were and get a doctor's name maybe his psychiatrists name and call someone since we don't have his parents number.

He's on a lot of psychiatric meds, anxiety, and painkillers and we found 2 different doctors names but we don't know what to do. Do we call campus cops and talk to the RA? Do we try and hunt down his doctors and try to help him that way?

I don't think he has a great grip on reality right now and we know he needs help but we don't want to ruin his life but we also can't let him even have a possibility of hurting someone or us. What's the best move here?

**THE POSTER LATER ALTERED POLICE LEADING TO THE ACCUSED GETTING SEARCHED AND SUBSEQUENTLY ARRESTED**
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:41 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

An Unconstitutionol law.

What laws are there in NY and California? They can't be any more restrictive than the UK.

That's true, but they are far more restrictive than anything you'll find in the other 48 states (not counting DC).

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
[text]
**THE POSTER LATER ALTERED POLICE LEADING TO THE ACCUSED GETTING SEARCHED AND SUBSEQUENTLY ARRESTED**

Christ's cross, I don't think this guy should've had any guns, automatic or not.

rampage

rampage

Contribution Points : 52300
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 7:48 am

why the fuck would you bring an ar-15 (a popular gun for shootings) to a campus? who the fuck is going to attack you LOL. no doubt they knew why he had an ar-15.

Contribution Points : 54487

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Was he a target shooter? I've had my shotgun in my trunk at work if I didnt have enough time to get home first before going to skeet league
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Kev7382 wrote:
Was he a target shooter?  I've had my shotgun in my trunk at work if I didnt have enough time to get home first before going to skeet league
I don't think you'd have a fully automatic AR-15 for target shooting.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Kev7382 wrote:
Was he a target shooter?  I've had my shotgun in my trunk at work if I didnt have enough time to get home first before going to skeet league

I think it's more likely he didn't have any other place to put it. I doubt he was gonna leave it in his dorm room, where his roommates could find it.

Kev7382

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:34 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Kev7382 wrote:

I think it's more likely he didn't have any other place to put it. I doubt he was gonna leave it in his dorm room, where his roommates could find it.

That's my thought too but if he wasn't keeping it at home my first guess is that he target shoots sometimes so he wanted it with him. There may be other reasons why he cant have it at home too. My parents lived close enough for me to go get them if I was gonna target shoot when I was in college but yeah 2nd choice would have been my trunk
Back to top Go down
Kev7382

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Kev7382 wrote:
I don't think you'd have a fully automatic AR-15 for target shooting.

A lot people do. I know several. There are legal ways to make them automatic. When they're automatic they make excellent varmint rifles when you have a vegetable garden
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm   UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UCF student arrested, had fully automatic AR-15 in car at campus dorm
Page 1 of 1