Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should've Nancy Lanza just left?

Go down 
+3
UncontinuedProcess
QuestionMark
bradt93
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 93306
Forum Reputation : 255

Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Empty
PostSubject: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 1:05 am

What would've happened if Nancy Lanza just packed up and left for good without Adam knowing leaving him the house? I hate to think what would've happened leaving a kid who has problems all alone in a house all by himself permantely. Nancy would've took her guns too and the shooting never would've happened or do you think Adam would have found another way to commit the mass murder?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 11:58 am

When? At what point? Would she arrange to leave him the house or just pack up and go in the middle of the night? Never mind that this is rather out of character for Nancy, considering she's catered to Adam his entire life, this scenario is lacking some really key information, and as such the question can't be properly answered until something more concrete is established here.

UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 69332
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Yeah, I agree with QuestionMark here as this is extremely out of character for Nancy, she might have been fine with Adam being alone in the house for a few days, I think any longer would make her greatly worry about his well being. Remember Nancy was afraid FOR Adam, not of him.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 88103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 2:24 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Yeah, I agree with QuestionMark here as this is extremely out of character for Nancy, she might have been fine with Adam being alone in the house for a few days, I think any longer would make her greatly worry about his well being. Remember Nancy was afraid FOR Adam, not of him.
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:41 pm

I mean without the guns in the house, could he found anothet way to obtain them? I mean did Adam have a job or have some type of allowance to buy a gun?

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 1:18 am

bradt93 wrote:
I mean without the guns in the house, could he found anothet way to obtain them? I mean did Adam have a job or have some type of allowance to buy a gun?

He had a katana. We can only speculate, but had Adam lacked firepower, he could've tried using it.

Pixie13

Contribution Points : 59001
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 5:02 am

I doubt he would have been strong enough to do that much damage with a katana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:38 pm

Pixie13 wrote:

What about his Good Anime Mix CD? With his knowledge of all things Japan, his swordsman-ship skills most likely surpassed anything a regular human being is capable of.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 4:27 am

I know I may sound like a bully for saying this, but he was freak of nature that never should've been born. Anyone who guns down children are evil.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 11:29 am

bradt93 wrote:
Anyone who guns down children are evil.

Oh, and someone who guns down adults or teenagers isn't evil too? What about someone who beats their spouse? Commits rape? There's nothing any more heinous about killing a child then any of what I just listed. The only reason why most people consider harming a child to be more morally wrong then, say, a brutal rape, is because of biological instincts that tell us "protect the children, those are the species' future".

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 pm

[Redacted]

Last edited by AntiSocial-MasterDebater on Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 82822
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 5:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
The only reason why most people consider harming a child to be more morally wrong then, say, a brutal rape, is because of biological instincts that tell us "protect the children, those are the species' future".
wheres the lie tho

"the only reason you eat food rather than diarrhea is because of biological instincts"
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 94242
Forum Reputation : 600

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
There have been cases where bladed attackers have killed 30+ people, but I forgot we got to blame guns for everything.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 59001
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:52 pm

I wasn't talking about any bladed attacker, I was talking about Adam Lanza who did not have the strength or stamina.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 94242
Forum Reputation : 600

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
I wasn't talking about any bladed attacker, I was talking about Adam Lanza who did not have the strength or stamina.
What strength did he need? The average Katana only weighs 900-1400 grams which for a sword is really light-weight (they're meant to be like that), there's also the multiple knives he had as well, and considering he was targeting children, he most likely would have got a large number of kills before committing suicide.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:22 pm

cakeman wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
The only reason why most people consider harming a child to be more morally wrong then, say, a brutal rape, is because of biological instincts that tell us "protect the children, those are the species' future".
wheres the lie tho

Neutral

What lie? Where did I or anyone mention a lie?

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:28 pm

This is such a far out hypothetical that we might as well be talking about if Adam Lanza did 9/11 after Nancy pressured him to be a pilot. That would at least be more interesting.

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
cakeman wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
wheres the lie tho

Neutral

What lie? Where did I or anyone mention a lie?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm saying I don't get how because it comes from biological instincts why that makes it a bad reason.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 pm

cakeman wrote:
I'm saying I don't get how because it comes from biological instincts why that makes it a bad reason.

I'm just saying it's not born of logic, but rather emotion.

Obviously it is wrong to kill a child in cold blood, but some people elevate it above other equally serious crimes and that just seems ludicrous to me.

cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 5:17 pm

One can perfectly dispassionately say "protect the children, they are the future."

Also, "muh species"

>Now, there is no such thing in the world as Man. In the course of my life, I have seen Frenchmen, Italians, Russians, etc.; I am even aware, thanks to Montesquieu, that one can be a Persian. But, as for Man, I declare that I have never met him in my life. If he exists, I certainly have no knowledge of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should've Nancy Lanza just left?   Should've Nancy Lanza just left? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should've Nancy Lanza just left?
Page 1 of 1