Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 What's Left???

Go down 
+5
dyonqqr
QuestionMark
Koltin
Draw_It_White
Adzybear
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Adzybear

Adzybear


Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 45086
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2018-06-30
Age : 42
Location : UK

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 12:15 am

Kinda sad that all that's left are memes, speculation and plain old murder. I think I have got to the point where this case is over. Unless something is released. And that would have to be something truly outstanding!

Most of the rabbit hole I have been down was from witness statement's, which 85% may have been inaccurate due to shock, stress etc....

Why do people come back here? I mean that sincerely.

_________________
My Grandma once said..... If I fart & sneeze at exactly the same time, I will do a BACK FLIP! Is this true? I only tried it once but shit myself. R.I.P Grandma x

QuestionMark, Employer_Square, johncena and Sadgasm like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1108
Contribution Points : 82213
Forum Reputation : 104
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 37
Location : England

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 1:52 pm

I think people come back on the off chance something new has been released. Even the Basement Tapes would be more than likely disappointing.

It’s a great place for information from those who have only recently taken an interest in the case. I don’t think interest will ever be fully gone, there will always be people intrigued and want to find out as much as they can on the case.

Adzybear and johncena like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin


Posts : 519
Contribution Points : 88394
Forum Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-08-24
Age : 22
Location : Hell, Norway

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 12:19 am

Around 6-7 years ago they said that the basement tapes would be released in the mid 2030s or something like that. Those tapes won't see the light of day.

_________________
And everything I hoped for has been strangely set aside.
Reason for living,
My mind is forgiving.
And destiny is proving to be absent from my life.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4076
Contribution Points : 100162
Forum Reputation : 3050
Join date : 2017-09-05

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Adzybear wrote:
Why do people come back here? I mean that sincerely.

Honestly I come back more to read about other cases instead of Columbine. It's nice to say a few words now and then but by and large I've branched out. This isn't even going into the other communities I'm a part of.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr

dyonqqr


Posts : 820
Contribution Points : 24436
Forum Reputation : 100
Join date : 2021-04-29
Age : 19
Location : Canada

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:43 pm

What's left of Columbine? Practically nothing. Thousands of people have said all that there is to say over twenty years and even if new pictures occassionally come out we're basically scraping the bottom of the barrel. Columbine communities still exist because while everything is just about known, not every individual knows there is to know, and are still working on accumulating and processing that information.

However, Columbine is just the tip of an iceberg so vast it takes monumental efforts to even scratch the surface. Of the wealth of other cases, small and large, with every concievable weapon, motive, and circumstance, there is still so much to be said.

QuestionMark, rj96 and johncena like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 11:22 pm

Adzybear wrote:
Why do people come back here? I mean that sincerely.

This means you probably haven’t seen the Columbine subreddit. Unlike this forum, it’s exactly what the title says - a subreddit focused solely on Columbine. It’s also very active and whenever you visit it you see the same people discussing the same things and having the same arguments over and over again without bringing anything new to the table. I assume it’s just another form of socializing, otherwise it’s one of the world’s greatest mysteries how they are able to do this for years and not die of boredom.

In case someone from r/Columbine reads this and gets offended, this is for you:
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 79277
Forum Reputation : 165
Join date : 2015-04-01
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 5:26 pm

Koltin wrote:
Around 6-7 years ago they said that the basement tapes would be released in the mid 2030s or something like that. Those tapes won't see the light of day.

Jeffco destroyed the tapes, in accordance with some law that allows them to get rid of non-critical evidence for closed cases.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Koltin and QuestionMark like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juniper




Posts : 109
Contribution Points : 13308
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2021-06-22

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 4:30 am

-


Last edited by Juniper on Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adzybear

Adzybear


Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 45086
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2018-06-30
Age : 42
Location : UK

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Juniper wrote:
Potential motives hold an endless fascination.  The psychology of everyone involved.  Aside from the basement tapes, I heard the depositions of the Harrises and Klebolds are supposed to be released in 2026.  

But despite whatever new information comes out, it really doesn't change anything does it.  That's what's most despairing and disappointing.

Exactly man. Really well said!

I guess the true answers were only in Eric & Dylans brains before they decided to fire a bullet into them. Maybe even then, they didn't fully know or understand why?

ANGER! They must have been so angry? Right? I mean, remember back in High school, the 2 guys or girls that HATED each other. Once they fought, no matter who had won, became kinda friends afterwards. Or at least would put up with one another?

To shoot all those victims outside, Dylan, point blank range, sawn off shotgun at Lance's face etc... And then to still carry on with even worse rage, no mercy in the library.

You, or should I say, "I", would have to be absolutely BOILING with rage, anger, & of course, WRATH! I guess his T Shirt said it all.

BTW, I try at typing good English Grammar. Never really figured out where a , should be....lol. I just try to type like I would talk.

Peace everyone afro

_________________
My Grandma once said..... If I fart & sneeze at exactly the same time, I will do a BACK FLIP! Is this true? I only tried it once but shit myself. R.I.P Grandma x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin


Posts : 519
Contribution Points : 88394
Forum Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-08-24
Age : 22
Location : Hell, Norway

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Koltin wrote:
Around 6-7 years ago they said that the basement tapes would be released in the mid 2030s or something like that. Those tapes won't see the light of day.

Jeffco destroyed the tapes, in accordance with some law that allows them to get rid of non-critical evidence for closed cases.
Original master 8mm tapes did get destroyed back in 2011, They did make copies onto vhs tapes, they may or may not exist anymore though.

_________________
And everything I hoped for has been strangely set aside.
Reason for living,
My mind is forgiving.
And destiny is proving to be absent from my life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sufficient-weight




Posts : 18
Contribution Points : 12694
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2021-03-30
Location : Michigan

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 6:42 pm

My reasons for lurking here may be a little strange, but I think that is the point. I think a lot of my interests in the darker/morbid side of life cut me off from sharing those topics in every day interactions with co-workers, some friends, family, etc. I feel like I am strange for having these interests, but here I don't because I feel like most people here are a little strange too (not in a bad way!). It makes me feel less alone.

And while I do enjoy learning about Columbine/mass killers, I think Columbine draws me in more than others because it gives me a glimpse of how to keep my feelings in perspective and understand my past self/decisions/mistakes I made. I don't know how to explain it very well.

I have never wanted to bomb my school or actually commit murder. But my teenage journal could be put side by side with Dylan's and you couldn't tell the difference. And, without a lot of the over the top stuff he wrote in there to be shocking, as an adult I find myself thinking things similar to a lot of Eric's views on the world. I have struggled with depression my entire life. Learning about Dylan shows me what my life would be like if I never got out of the hole of endlessly obsessing over my unhappiness and sadness. Learning about Eric shows me how to understand angry people are mostly just very hurt people. And because of things that have happened in my life I have anger too. It shows me how not to let that overtake me.

There are a lot of days I believe humans are mostly a plague upon the Earth. I am pretty introverted because I dislike a lot of things people do or things about society. But learning about what path you can go down in you indulge too far in the bad side of life, puts everything in perspective. There are good things out there. There are ways to get help.

Sorry if that makes no sense. I don't open up about my feelings much. In summary, it's less about the actual case but the feelings it raises about life, death, grief, strength, anger, and the whole range of human emotions we have to deal with to exist in this world.

Adzybear, Turf and Xtina like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina


Posts : 470
Contribution Points : 17732
Forum Reputation : 120
Join date : 2021-06-05
Location : Straya

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Sufficient-weight wrote:
My reasons for lurking here may be a little strange, but I think that is the point. I think a lot of my interests in the darker/morbid side of life cut me off from sharing those topics in every day interactions with co-workers, some friends, family, etc. I feel like I am strange for having these interests, but here I don't because I feel like most people here are a little strange too (not in a bad way!). It makes me feel less alone.

And while I do enjoy learning about Columbine/mass killers, I think Columbine draws me in more than others because it gives me a glimpse of how to keep my feelings in perspective and understand my past self/decisions/mistakes I made. I don't know how to explain it very well.

I have never wanted to bomb my school or actually commit murder. But my teenage journal could be put side by side with Dylan's and you couldn't tell the difference. And, without a lot of the over the top stuff he wrote in there to be shocking, as an adult I find myself thinking things similar to a lot of Eric's views on the world. I have struggled with depression my entire life. Learning about Dylan shows me what my life would be like if I never got out of the hole of endlessly obsessing over my unhappiness and sadness. Learning about Eric shows me how to understand angry people are mostly just very hurt people. And because of things that have happened in my life I have anger too. It shows me how not to let that overtake me.

There are a lot of days I believe humans are mostly a plague upon the Earth. I am pretty introverted because I dislike a lot of things people do or things about society. But learning about what path you can go down in you indulge too far in the bad side of life, puts everything in perspective. There are good things out there. There are ways to get help.

Sorry if that makes no sense. I don't open up about my feelings much. In summary, it's less about the actual case but the feelings it raises about life, death, grief, strength, anger, and the whole range of human emotions we have to deal with to exist in this world.
Makes alot of sense. I'm the same.

_________________
Thinking of suicide gives me hope ~ Dyl

Adzybear and Sufficient-weight like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adzybear

Adzybear


Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 45086
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2018-06-30
Age : 42
Location : UK

What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 1:04 am

Sufficient-weight wrote:
My reasons for lurking here may be a little strange, but I think that is the point. I think a lot of my interests in the darker/morbid side of life cut me off from sharing those topics in every day interactions with co-workers, some friends, family, etc. I feel like I am strange for having these interests, but here I don't because I feel like most people here are a little strange too (not in a bad way!). It makes me feel less alone.

And while I do enjoy learning about Columbine/mass killers, I think Columbine draws me in more than others because it gives me a glimpse of how to keep my feelings in perspective and understand my past self/decisions/mistakes I made. I don't know how to explain it very well.

I have never wanted to bomb my school or actually commit murder. But my teenage journal could be put side by side with Dylan's and you couldn't tell the difference. And, without a lot of the over the top stuff he wrote in there to be shocking, as an adult I find myself thinking things similar to a lot of Eric's views on the world. I have struggled with depression my entire life. Learning about Dylan shows me what my life would be like if I never got out of the hole of endlessly obsessing over my unhappiness and sadness. Learning about Eric shows me how to understand angry people are mostly just very hurt people. And because of things that have happened in my life I have anger too. It shows me how not to let that overtake me.

There are a lot of days I believe humans are mostly a plague upon the Earth. I am pretty introverted because I dislike a lot of things people do or things about society. But learning about what path you can go down in you indulge too far in the bad side of life, puts everything in perspective. There are good things out there. There are ways to get help.

Sorry if that makes no sense. I don't open up about my feelings much. In summary, it's less about the actual case but the feelings it raises about life, death, grief, strength, anger, and the whole range of human emotions we have to deal with to exist in this world.

WOW! What a great post!

The amount of times I have felt the SILENCE of others after bringing up Columbine. I am in the UK too, so it's pretty much unheard of or been forgotten about here.

I was judged instantly as a weird guy that could go on some crazy rampage. All the while, this dick head was throwing daggers into a cork bullseye board in the garden!

I went home frustrated & pissed off. Humans can be complete DICKS!

_________________
My Grandma once said..... If I fart & sneeze at exactly the same time, I will do a BACK FLIP! Is this true? I only tried it once but shit myself. R.I.P Grandma x

Sufficient-weight likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





What's Left??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left???   What's Left??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What's Left???
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Whats being released at depositions?
» Is there anything left to discover? To discuss?
» What's left to analyse ?
» Clues left by Eric and Dylan?
» Bullied or left out?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: