Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595 Empty
PostSubject: Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595   Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Found this on Lord Gøn's Amok Wiki talk page.

The incident happened as described by Cientific124:

"Hello Lord Gon. I was trying to search a Brazilian case where a mother killed his five babys by biting them to death, but I instead found a 1595 case archived in a 1878 Brazilian newspaper named o Apostolo which chronicles the history of Turkey, and in the one of the chronicled event includes the familicide of the family of a certain Mahomet III, killed his nineteen brothers in 1595 in the Ottoman Empire. I don't know if this Mahomet III is Mehmed III, because I have tried to search a mass murder in Mehmed III Wikipedia's page, but found nothing. I couldn't know if this Mahomet is the same Mehmed.

But while searching in Google, I found a book named "The world displayed, in its history and geography;: embracing a ..., Volumes 1-2" which mentions Mahomet III, saying that he "was a monster of barbarity, having begun his reign by strangling his nineteen brothers, and drowning ten of his father's wives" which means he killed 29 people, but it does not says if it is done on one day, and does not says if its had any more perpetrators. I think this is a case you may want add to Naströnd. But I have a question: Do you had already seen this case? If yes, you may not add this case to Naströnd."

O Apostolo article and the book which mentions Mahomet

What's your opinion on this case? Maybe the deadliest familicide was discovered now?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595   Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 1:38 pm

I think so, these attacks never get much attention at all by the media, I guess not that many people care about what happens in third world countries.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595   Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I think so, these attacks never get much attention at all by the media, I guess not that many people care about what happens in third world countries.
Also familicides tends to get much low attention by the media.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595   Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Update: Lord Gøn replied to Cientific124. Mahomet III. is indeed Mehmed III.

"Good day to you,

thank you for the information. I have vague memories that at some point I have researched a case where some king, or nobleman has killed a lot of his relatives after he assumed power, but it turned out that he did so over an extended period of time. However, as kinslaying was not uncommon among the nobility, especially in Muslim countries, I can't say, if it was this case, or something unrelated.

Now, said Mahomet III. indeed is Mehmed III., the son of Murad III., who strangled his five younger brothers, according to Wikipedia. About Mehmed it is said in various sources that he killed his 18, or 19 brothers, as well as his sisters and his father's pregnant concubines, though the murders apparently weren't carried out by himself, but by his subordinates."

Book mentioning the familicide 1 Book mentioning the familicide 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595   Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mahomet III - killed nineteen brothers and father's ten wives in 1595
Page 1 of 1