Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali

Go down 
AuthorMessage

134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali Empty
PostSubject: 134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali   134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 6:31 pm

"Armed men reportedly dressed as traditional hunters have killed 134 people, including women and children, during an attack on a village in central Mali.
A further 55 civilians were hurt in the attack in Ogossagou in the Mopti region.
The region's Fulani ethnic community is frequently targeted and accused of having ties to jihadist organizations in the area, according to the UN.

The Malian government said it "reiterates its determination to make every effort to hunt down the perpetrators of this barbarity of another age and to punish them, in accordance with the laws in force."
"In the same spirit, the government will continue to ensure the protection of the people, to recreate the conditions of true social cohesion and to promote national reconciliation," it added, saying the "government condemns with the utmost severity this heinous act and expresses its compassion to the families of the innocent victims."
[...]"

For the moment I don't understand the situation in Mali enough to have a clear understanding of what happened but it seems awful. People were shot dead or killed with machetes. Apparently some people have been burned and they disemboweled pregnant women.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali   134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Some additional reading/sources with more information:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apparently this attack was retaliation for the villagers having ties to AQIM which had committed an attack on a Malian military base the prior week which left 23 Malian soldiers dead. Unfortunate though as even if some of them were complicit in aiding AQIM I highly doubt that all ~160 were involved. Especially the children and elderly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali   134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:36 pm

You know I was not offended at all that this post had no replies. Smile But thanks for the links, I didn't know the death toll had risen to 157... I have to admit that it puts our "small" (but still terrible) occidental shootings into perspective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali   134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Neah wrote:
You know I was not offended at all that this post had no replies. Smile But thanks for the links, I didn't know the death toll had risen to 157... I have to admit that it puts our "small" (but still terrible) occidental shootings into perspective.

No problem, and yeah I was also surprised the death toll had risen since all the major headline reports only reported on the event initially. And yeah although it puts most American shootings in perspective I think part of the reason the toll is much larger is due to the fact that most American shootings are pretty much never coordinated with multiple attackers and the fact that during this attack the attackers encountered no armed resistance (no police/military response or armed civilians)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali   134 killed in attack on Fulani villagers in Mali Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1