Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan?

Go down 
+18
Draw_It_White
Falco
PaintItBlack
Nirvana92
Abigail Lee
gutenfxckintag
JDM87
Marco1211
tragedy79
Mr_Chagrin
lastmealpotatoskins
mrc123
lol
Laeda
JayJay
Jenn
rik75
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98113
Forum Reputation : 440

Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan?   Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:31 pm

joeyjoejoe wrote:
They knew what they were doing, I think that's clear based on their actions and writings. And it's not like they were just vandalizing property or something. 17/18 years old or not, they knew what they were doing was wrong, and they didn't care. They weren't stupid. I don't want to let them off the hook just because they were troubled or young. It wasn't even like they were too imbalanced to know better; they planned it for at least a year. (...) I feel much more sympathy for their parents (and the parents of those killed or wounded) than I do for Eric and Dylan, who got what they wanted and didn't hang around to deal with the consequences.

I think this needs to be stressed and I strongly second this post. E&D knew what tehy were doing, I sure as hell knew what death and murder are when I was 17 and my knowledge did not radically evolve in these departments since.

Eric and Dylan wanted to kill and die taht day, they got just what they wanted (evn if we think it was a bad choice).
Now Rachel, Kyle, Lauren, Mr.Sanders and all the other victims? They didn't want to die, they had other often very exciting plans for the future they all looked forward to. They didn't get to die the way that they wanted to die, unlike E&D. They didn't get to live out their lives according to their own fee will.

That's why imho thy deserve much more compassion than E&D.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96916
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan?   Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:38 am

I can't agree with your teacher.
There are a lot of people the majority of society would like to see gone if it had their way. It's just not legal to kill most of them. For me, that doesn't mean their lives don't have value or they shouldn't be here.
I think that most people would dismiss most Columbiners, or people who marry prisoners or anyone that is friendly towards "bad" people as leaving the world a better place if they were gone. I know people have wished death on us often enough.

Falcolus wrote:
Its probably better that they have gone rather than living and waiting around for a trial and witnesses in court and all that kind of ordeal. My history teacher once said that sometimes for the greater good of society some people just have to go.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 102151
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan?   Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 1:08 am

I was going to make this long and wordy post, but reading everyone else's thoughts makes me reconsider everything. So I will just say: I don't condone what they did, I think it's awful. I can't imagine what it must be like for the survivors, for the families of the deceased, for E&D's own families. Yes, they knew exactly what they were doing. But I find it hard to not feel any sympathy for someone in a mindset that they thought this was the right thing to do.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan?   Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 12:55 am

I have empathy for Eric and Dylan. I feel I have a fair understanding of how they felt, why they did what they did and the frailty of all humanity which can lead anyone down this path, but I will not excuse them for their ultimate actions and the greatest sorrow I have is for the innocent lives they took. The lives of their victims I feel the most sorrow for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan?   Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you feel any sorrow for Eric and Dylan?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2