Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 60699
Forum Reputation : 10

Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Empty
PostSubject: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Thanks to Crying Hampster for the info [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 53021
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Adam was gay or what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Read through this earlier today. Was going to make this topic but honestly, I didn't know what to say. I still don't really know what to say... But I'm sitting here typing, so I might as well try to formulate my thoughts.

It's really nothing like what I expected or imagined based on the vague descriptions of these chat logs that we were given years back.

I can still remember hearing about the shooting back in December 2012. For years afterwards, Adam was just this mysterious, shadowy figure. As the years went on more information began to trickle out.

We get the odd new photo, some documentation about his school years, some vague, anecdotal evidence from the few people who actually spent any time with him. Pictures/videos of the home, lists of items found in the home, online posts made by Adam Lanza. I have poured over all this evidence over the years trying to piece him together in my mind.

I was at first excited then disappointed when the Courant (or whatever news publication, I can't be bothered to stop typing look it up right now) fought that court battle to get more information publicly available regarding Adam Lanza.

Excited for obvious reasons regarding my curiosity surrounding the case and mysterious nature of the perpetrator, disappointment that so little was actually released by them. Then steps in Crying Hamster.

I guess this has all just been a long-winded way of saying I thought I had pieced together Adam's personality pretty well over the years, although all of these new releases from Crying Hamster are humanizing Adam a lot more than previous releases, for better or for worse.

You have to wonder the motives for not having released all these documents earlier. Did they simply just feel it was irrelevant? Not important? That is likely. It's also possible they felt that by releasing this kind of a personal glimpse into Adam's writings and conversations they were going against the narrative built up that Adam was an inhuman monster.

I've rambled enough for one post. I'll close by giving my actual thoughts on the conversation after having only read it once.

I didn't realize how "lol random" Adam's humor was. I always pictured him as more of a clinically serious kind of person. Was this Adam's attempt at flirting? The description of this chatlog was always, if memory serves, something about Adam discussing homosexual fantasies, although as far as I can tell the conversation was never serious in tone.

In the end, did the other person just stop talking to Adam? The ending is abrupt. I wonder if Adam took this personally or actually tired of the conversation.

It would be interesting to go through the YouTube links he sent to see how many of those videos are still up.
Back to top Go down
carokann

Contribution Points : 50620
Forum Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 5:23 pm

temporarylifeform wrote:
Read through this earlier today. Was going to make this topic but honestly, I didn't know what to say. I still don't really know what to say... But I'm sitting here typing, so I might as well try to formulate my thoughts.

It's really nothing like what I expected or imagined based on the vague descriptions of these chat logs that we were given years back.

I can still remember hearing about the shooting back in December 2012. For years afterwards, Adam was just this mysterious, shadowy figure. As the years went on more information began to trickle out.

We get the odd new photo, some documentation about his school years, some vague, anecdotal evidence from the few people who actually spent any time with him. Pictures/videos of the home, lists of items found in the home, online posts made by Adam Lanza. I have poured over all this evidence over the years trying to piece him together in my mind.

I was at first excited then disappointed when the Courant (or whatever news publication, I can't be bothered to stop typing look it up right now) fought that court battle to get more information publicly available regarding Adam Lanza.

Excited for obvious reasons regarding my curiosity surrounding the case and mysterious nature of the perpetrator, disappointment that so little was actually released by them. Then steps in Crying Hamster.

I guess this has all just been a long-winded way of saying I thought I had pieced together Adam's personality pretty well over the years, although all of these new releases from Crying Hamster are humanizing Adam a lot more than previous releases, for better or for worse.

You have to wonder the motives for not having released all these documents earlier. Did they simply just feel it was irrelevant? Not important? That is likely. It's also possible they felt that by releasing this kind of a personal glimpse into Adam's writings and conversations they were going against the narrative built up that Adam was an inhuman monster.

I've rambled enough for one post. I'll close by giving my actual thoughts on the conversation after having only read it once.

I didn't realize how "lol random" Adam's humor was. I always pictured him as more of a clinically serious kind of person. Was this Adam's attempt at flirting? The description of this chatlog was always, if memory serves, something about Adam discussing homosexual fantasies, although as far as I can tell the conversation was never serious in tone.

In the end, did the other person just stop talking to Adam? The ending is abrupt. I wonder if Adam took this personally or actually tired of the conversation.

It would be interesting to go through the YouTube links he sent to see how many of those videos are still up.

Hey there, myolderbrotherhasagun on tumblr here. I was the one to request and release this document, but all of the credit in the world to my friend cryinghampster for her fantastic research skills and for the excellent advice that she gave me. This document was not released earlier because the Connecticut State Police refused to release any of Lanza's personal belongings, including the contents of his hard drive, holding that it was private property and thus exempt from disclosure mandates. This was the case until October 2018, when the Hartford Courant appealed to the Connecticut Supreme Court and won, meaning that his hard drive was no longer exempt from disclosure. This was the description of the chatlog: "Instant Messaging with SixteenBitElder between "The Stranger" and "Smiggles" (presumably the shooter) from December 2010 - February 2011. Discussion that focuses on gaming, homosexual fantasies, and day to day activities." If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Is the mediafire link working ok for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:41 am

carokann wrote:
temporarylifeform wrote:

Hey there, myolderbrotherhasagun on tumblr here. I was the one to request and release this document, but all of the credit in the world to my friend cryinghampster for her fantastic research skills and for the excellent advice that she gave me. This document was not released earlier because the Connecticut State Police refused to release any of Lanza's personal belongings, including the contents of his hard drive, holding that it was private property and thus exempt from disclosure mandates. This was the case until October 2018, when the Hartford Courant appealed to the Connecticut Supreme Court and won, meaning that his hard drive was no longer exempt from disclosure. This was the description of the chatlog: "Instant Messaging with SixteenBitElder between "The Stranger" and "Smiggles" (presumably the shooter) from December 2010 - February 2011. Discussion that focuses on gaming, homosexual fantasies, and day to day activities." If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Is the mediafire link working ok for you?

Thank you for the information and for helping get this released. The Mediafire link is working just fine. Can we expect to see a lot more of this personal Adam info released over the coming months or is there not a lot left?
Back to top Go down
carokann

Contribution Points : 50620
Forum Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 3:25 am

temporarylifeform wrote:
carokann wrote:
temporarylifeform wrote:

Thank you for the information and for helping get this released. The Mediafire link is working just fine. Can we expect to see a lot more of this personal Adam info released over the coming months or is there not a lot left?

You're very welcome! Let's just say you should keep your eyes peeled. I can't guarantee anything but I believe there will be more releases in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
survivingman

Contribution Points : 48975
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Honestly this just makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs   Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam and SixteenBitElder and The Stranger chat logs
Page 1 of 1