Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66669
Forum Reputation : 248

At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia Empty
PostSubject: At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia   At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 7:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"A gunman was arrested after killing at least four people and wounding several others Tuesday in the tropical Australian city of Darwin, officials and media said.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the incident was not terrorism related. "This is a terrible act of violence that has already, I'm advised, taken the lives of four people," Morrison told reporters in London.

A 45-year-old man was in custody following the shooting, Northern Territory Police Duty Superintendent Lee Morgan told Guardian Australia.

"At this stage, we've got reports of four deceased and a number of other people who have been shot," Morgan said.

Police contacted by The Associated Press declined to comment.

A man fired a pump action shotgun at the Palms Hotel in the Darwin suburb of Woolner in the late afternoon, Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported. Police attended three crime scenes in the city of 100,000 related to the gunman, ABC said.

Police earlier said the suspect was described as wearing a high-visibility shirt and driving a white dual-cab pickup truck, Australian Associated Press reported."

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66669
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia   At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 am

"At least four people are dead and two injured in a mass shooting in Darwin’s city centre.

NT police have arrested the suspected shooter, described as a caucasian man about 45-years-old, wearing high-vis workwear.

Witnesses told the ABC that the man walked into the Palms Motel and opened fire with a pump-action shotgun just before 6pm on Tuesday.

Northern Territory police duty superintendent Lee Morgan told the Guardian: “At this stage we’ve got reports of four deceased and a number of other people who have been shot.”

Morgan said police first received calls about shots being fired at 5.50pm local time.

Witness Leah Potter said the gunman was armed with a pump-action shotgun and shot a woman through her hotel room door.

“I was in the carpark [of a neighbouring hotel] when I heard what I thought were fireworks going off, really loud cracking, banging fireworks,” she told the ABC.

Another witness said a man with a neck tattoo appeared to be searching the apartment block for someone.

The gunman was then reported to have fled the scene, until being arrested by NT police without incident at 6.45pm. Officers expect to lay charges against him on Wednesday.

There are reports of a fifth fatality nearby but this has not yet been confirmed by authorities.

Another witness, John Rose, told the ABC he saw the gunman walk into the motel with “a sawn-off shotgun”.

“He shot up all the rooms and he went to every room looking for somebody and he shot them all up, then we saw him rush out, jump into his Toyota pick-up, and rush off.”

He said the gunman was calm as he shot up the hotel.

“Once he left we went in and found one gentleman, he’s over there, we pulled him out,” Rose said.

“This lady turned up and started screaming, and we didn’t realise there was another person in there … apparently he’s dead, he’s been shot.”

Another crime scene has been established at the Buff Club, a social club, in Stuart Park but it is unclear whether it is connected to the shooting.

Raman Sekhon, from the nearby Wongs Chinese Takeaway business, said police were diverting traffic from the Stuart Highway.

The prime minister, Scott Morrison, has been in touch with NT chief minister Michael Gunner and authorities don’t believe it is a terrorism attack.

“This is a terrible act of violence,” he told reporters in London.

“I just want to extend my deep condolences and sympathies to all the people in the Territory, particularly in Darwin. This is a very tight community and I know they will be rocked by these events.”

Royal Darwin Hospital spokeswoman Sally Edwards said the emergency department was treating an injured person who is in a stable condition.

The Northern Territory police commissioner will address the media shortly."

Contribution Points : 92217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia   At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Yet another witness said she saw a woman shot three times, in both legs, by a man wielding a shotgun.

The woman said she wrapped the victim’s legs in towels while waiting for an ambulance and police.

Police were later seen standing guard outside the Buff Club where one of the victims’ bodies lay dead in the rear car park.

The pub was still open and one drinker told the NT News they earlier saw the alleged shooter involved in a prang outside the venue before speeding off.

“He’s run up the arse of another car but we didn’t really think about it because there was a cop car already here and he’s just sort of ploughed up its butt,” he said.

“A guy got out to have a look at the damage and talk to the driver and the other guy’s reversed out, went around him and straight down the Stuart Hwy.

“All we know is there’s some person shot in the car park, in the back there.”

Another man was found dead inside a home in Jolly St in Woolner.

A witness to that shooting, who did not wish to be named, said he was inside his home watching TV when the alleged shooter broke in with a shotgun in hand and shot his male house mate before escaping.

“He came right in and I asked him what he was doing but he didn’t even look at me, went right past me and shot my mate, he’s still in there,” he said.

“I thought I was dead for sure. It was unbelievable.

“Shit, I tell you what I’m going to need a carton after this.”

Large sections of the city were closed down during the night as police worked to track the suspected gunman.

Police armed with assault rifles and wearing camouflage gear apread out across the city and cordoned off roundabouts and roads in Darwin.

Shotgun Shell found at the scene:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia   At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At least 4 dead in a shooting in Darwin, Australia
Page 1 of 1