Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?

Go down 
+4
slippy123
cakeman
Screamingophelia
sympathyforEandD
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71319
Forum Reputation : 486

Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Empty
PostSubject: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 1:31 pm

As you know, Dylan used software to phish people's AOL passwords and gain access to their accounts, including the credit card information they created the account with.

Do you think he ever ordered stuff online using other people's credit card information? Was Dylan that kind of person? Or do you suppose he never used the information? I think he may have been tempted to order new computer parts using some rando's CC details.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 pm

I think there was some speculation about this from a few things that were said in the basement tapes.

Someone who knows a little bit more about the 11 K can probably answer this better. However, I think Zach did . I’m pretty sure Zach used credit card information for something according to the 11 K

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:35 pm

I've wondered about this too. I recall a page from their journals/planners/etc - I think Dylan's, that involved stealing money using western union and burning the evidence, and the basement tapes transcripts claim Eric raised his hand to credit card fraud. One looks at e. g. all the stuff in the 2004 evidence exhibit, and it's hard to imagine all of that coming from minimum wage at a pizza place. So I'm fairly confident they did steal money, but how much and when and etc would be interesting to know. I don't know about "ordering stuff online" though.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:05 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
As you know, Dylan used software to phish people's AOL passwords and gain access to their accounts, including the credit card information they created the account with.

Do you think he ever ordered stuff online using other people's credit card information? Was Dylan that kind of person? Or do you suppose he never used the information? I think he may have been tempted to order new computer parts using some rando's CC details.

Hmm, it's possible. I would need more solid evidence to come to a conclusion about this question.
I think it was nothing more than teenage shit talk personally.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82882
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 4:23 am

I don't recall anyone saying Eric, Dylan, Zach, etc. ever actually committed credit card fraud but both Dylan and Eric talked about/ wrote about it.
The only mentions of it I could find in the 11k are:

From the police transcript of the Basement Tapes, p. 10381
They then begin discussing “credit card fraud” and Harris then raises his hand as if he had done it.

From the documents seized from Dylan's house, p. 26365 (I have a lot of trouble deciphering Dylan's handwriting- the ? inserted is a word I wasn't able to make out)

1. Get exact address for new houses: (redacted)
2. Get phone # (?) answering making- long day span
3. Get a Social Security # & corresponding name (redacted)
4. Call Visa: give them info for mailed card
5. Pick up card at drop off pt
6. Go to Western Union machine: Use auto (^accident) out of state clause
7. Sign card clip w. false name (redacted redacted)
8. Collect cash or check
 Check- go to Lakewood check-cashing store: get cash
 Put card almost to limit, burn all evidence
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82882
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 3:26 am

Found this, too. From Rich Long's statement p. 497- 498
The name of the student is redacted, but it immediately follows his relaying when Zach, Dylan, and Eric were suspended for the locker combo hacking. I don't know for sure if it refers to Zach, but I do know that Dylan did write about Zach talking to Devon about suicide at one point.

He didn't see [redacted] at Columbine High School the day of the shooting. He did see [redacted] later in the day at Leawood Elementary School wearing a dark t-shirt and jeans. Mr. Long said that on April 22nd, the faculty and kids got together, [redacted] came over and hugged Mr. Long and [redacted] said that he wanted to re-establish their relationship. Mr. Long said that [redacted] at one time, had  written a note. Mr. Long did  not see the note, but [redacted] dad told   Mr. Long about  it. It was a  suicide  note  written  around the  time [redacted] had been suspended for using  Mr.  Long's  credit  card  to get some xxx movies. This was in the fall of 1998. Mr. Long had never seen [redacted] wear a
trench   coat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:32 am

thelmar wrote:
Found this, too. From Rich Long's statement p. 497- 498
The name of the student is redacted, but it immediately follows his relaying when Zach, Dylan, and Eric were suspended for the locker combo hacking. I don't know for sure if it refers to Zach, but I do know that Dylan did write about Zach talking to Devon about suicide at one point.

He didn't see [redacted] at Columbine High School the day of the shooting. He did see [redacted] later in the day at Leawood Elementary School wearing a dark t-shirt and jeans. Mr. Long said that on April 22nd, the faculty and kids got together, [redacted] came over and hugged Mr. Long and [redacted] said that he wanted to re-establish their relationship. Mr. Long said that [redacted] at one time, had  written a note. Mr. Long did  not see the note, but [redacted] dad told   Mr. Long about  it. It was a  suicide  note  written  around the  time [redacted] had been suspended for using  Mr.  Long's  credit  card  to get some xxx movies. This was in the fall of 1998. Mr. Long had never seen [redacted] wear a
trench   coat.

It is discussed in the 11k that police found people's credit card information on Zach's computer, but I can't recall what pages. I would guess this statement would refer to him as well.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102897
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 8:18 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:

Well he had no problem laughing and having the time of his life mowing down children, and blowing their jaws off at point blank range. I'm sure he'd have no issues committing credit card frauds, which he more than likely did, especially since his boy Zach did as well.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71319
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 1:27 am

The blueprint for committing CC fraud found in Dylan's house is pretty convincing... but if The Boys had done it before, how come they were working minimum wage jobs to pay for NBK? They could have just frauded it up.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 5:51 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
The blueprint for committing CC fraud found in Dylan's house is pretty convincing... but if The Boys had done it before, how come they were working minimum wage jobs to pay for NBK? They could have just frauded it up.

Money laundering?

cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 4:30 pm

If they were '"frauding it up" to pay for NBK, then it seems to me pretty obvious they weren't working minimum wage for that same reason, but because their parents or diversion demanded it, to appear normal, to explain purchases, etc.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 63445
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:42 am

well i think if eric really did cc fraud, he would proudly mentioning it in his diary/planner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?   Did Dylan commit credit card fraud? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Dylan commit credit card fraud?
Page 1 of 1