Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's ancestry information

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Dylan's ancestry information Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Does anybody know what Dylan's ancestry was on his father's side?

His mothers is well documented. Apparently his mother was the daughter of Ukrainian Jews born in Kirovohrad, who emigrated to Ohio and the Northeast before WW2.

Here's Dylan's family tree as viewed on his mothers side - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:40 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
Does anybody know what Dylan's ancestry was on his father's side?

His mothers is well documented. Apparently his mother was the daughter of Ukrainian Jews born in Kirovohrad, who emigrated to Ohio and the Northeast before WW2.

Here's Dylan's family tree as viewed on his mothers side - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cool. Thanks for sharing this. I recall that Jeff Kass' book had a lot of family history including his father's side of the family but I don't have it handy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:37 am

I'm guessing that Eric's ancestry is just....English/Scottish/or Irish. The basic White-Anglo American ancestry. I don't think he was German even though he was interested in German stuff.

Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 103931
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:42 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
I'm guessing that Eric's ancestry is just....English/Scottish/or Irish. The basic White-Anglo American ancestry. I don't think he was German even though he was interested in German stuff.

Harris is a "Scottish" surname, but it's also an extremely common surname. Given that it's hard to say, but the most common ancestry in the United States is Irish/German.

Here is an interesting tool for researching Surname populations, however it doesn't tell us any more on Harris/Klebold than we already know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Actually, "Harris" is of English origin. His mother's name "Poole" is of English origin as well. Harris was Anglo-Saxon. His parents look as if they're related as well, which is kind of odd.

Klebold sounds Nordic. I'm guessing German or Danish.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:06 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
Actually, "Harris" is of English origin. His mother's name "Poole" is of English origin as well. Harris was Anglo-Saxon. His parents look as if they're related as well, which is kind of odd.

That's why I said Scottish in quotation marks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Were the Klebolds "rich"?

I'd say they were. Susan came from an extremely wealthy Jewish family with roots in Ohio. A local community center bears the name of "Leo Yassenoff", Dylan's grandfather.

Also, has anybody seen Tom without his glasses? There's only one picture of him.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
Were the Klebolds "rich"?

I'd say they were. Susan came from an extremely wealthy Jewish family with roots in Ohio. A local community center bears the name of "Leo Yassenoff", Dylan's grandfather.

Also, has anybody seen Tom without his glasses? There's only one picture of him.
His house was huge, and had a guest house a swimming pool and a tennis court. Poor people couldn't afford something that huge, unless they were in some kind of unseen debt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:40 am

They do mention having had 'episodic financial difficulties over last 10 years' in Dylan's diversion papers. Smile
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 105370

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:00 pm

I remember reading that Tom and Sue bought the house when it was still a dump. Tom fixed the house mainly by him self. They bought it really cheap. I think their financial status was above averadge, but they weren't really filthy rich...

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:12 pm

tragedy79 wrote:
I remember reading that Tom and Sue bought the house when it was still a dump. Tom fixed the house mainly by him self. They bought it really cheap. I think their financial status was above averadge, but they weren't really filthy rich...

This is what I recall as well. Also, Tom owns a mortgage business, works out of his home, and additionally fixes up and rents out properties. Tom seems an entrepreneurial jack of all trades.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:51 am

-eulogy- wrote:

Actually "Poole" is very common among English people of Jewish ancestry, so it is possible that Harris also had Jewish ancestry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 am

.....No.

Look at her for Christ sake. She looks like she could be Wayne's sister. Both of them look exactly alike, so unless Wayne also has Jewish ancestry, I'd HIGHLY doubt this. Both of them are white as can be and don't look Semitic at all. I can tell a Jew from a mile a way and she is NOT jewish.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:29 am

"I can tell a Jew from a mile a way"

That's a pretty bold statement: Actually it sounds pretty racist to me.
That's what they also said in Germany during the propoganda period in the early thirty's...Goebels told everyone that you could spot a Jew from miles, For example very rich and big noses.

Wich is complete bullshit, because many Jews mixed with other races, so many Jews are not recognizable as such.

I also think Kathy wasn't from Jewish origin, but I think you should be more careful what you are saying, eulogy!

Last edited by tragedy79 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:09 am

tragedy79 wrote:

That's what they also said in Germany during the propoganda period in the early thirty's...Goebels told everyone that you could spot a Jew from miles: Big noses en very rich.

Wich is complete bullshit, because many Jews mixed with others, so many Jews are not recognizable and look completley the same  like other western people.

I also think Kathy wasn't from Jewish origin, but I think you should be more careful what you are saying, eulogy!

I never said I knew that she was Jewish, I was just saying that it is possible.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:02 am

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

That's what they also said in Germany during the propoganda period in the early thirty's...Goebels told everyone that you could spot a Jew from miles: Big noses en very rich.

Wich is complete bullshit, because many Jews mixed with others, so many Jews are not recognizable and look completley the same  like other western people.

I know..That's why we are here: to speculate Smile It would be pretty interesting if Eric was drawing Swastika's, admiring Nazi's and doing what he did on Hitler's birthday and in the end we found out he was from Jewish origin.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 am

tragedy79 wrote:
Mr_Chagrin wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

I know..That's why we are here: to speculate Smile It would be pretty interesting if Eric was drawing Swastika's, admiring Nazi's and doing what he did on Hitler's birthday and in the end we found out he was from Jewish origin.

Indeed, It would be interesting to see Eric confronting Dylan about his ancestry. As apparently happens in the basement tapes.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:14 am

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:
Mr_Chagrin wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

Indeed, It would be interesting to see Eric confronting Dylan about his ancestry. As apparently happens in the basement tapes.

If only we could see with our own eyes Sad 

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:20 pm

tragedy79 wrote:

That's what they also said in Germany during the propoganda period in the early thirty's...Goebels told everyone that you could spot a Jew from miles, For example very rich and big noses.

Wich is complete bullshit, because many Jews mixed with other races, so many Jews are not recognizable as such.

Sounds racist to me too! And if I were Jewish, I'd be offended by such comments.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

Sounds racist to me too! And if I were Jewish, I'd be offended by such comments.

I think being Jewish has nothing to do with the massacre, but hell Eric certainly didn't look Jewish. That recent shooter however does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

I think being Jewish has nothing to do with the massacre, but hell Eric certainly didn't look Jewish. That recent shooter however does.

Being Jewish doesn't have anything to do with it. But you don't think people who are Jewish might get offended if they were browsing the forum and saw someone say "I can spot a Jew a mile away because of their hug nose?" or something along those lines?!?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:26 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
Mr_Chagrin wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

Being Jewish doesn't have anything to do with it. But you don't think people who are Jewish might get offended if they were browsing the forum and saw someone say "I can spot a Jew a mile away because of their hug nose?" or something along those lines?!?

It's quite possible, I have a kind of big nose but I'm not Jewish. I don't think Dylan even looked distinctly "Jewish" if there is such a thing. However people will always find something to be offended by. I don't think this board will be of attacked for speaking bluntly about the visual appearance of Jewish people; we spend our time talking about massacres after all. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
deelightful

Contribution Points : 102885

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:52 pm

In Jeff Kass' book, he mentions Dylan's grandfather, William H. Klebold, was originally from Pearl, Texas. He doesn't mention much else except that he served in the army in Europe during WWI and moved to Toledo, Ohio in 1919.
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 100409

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:42 pm

deelightful wrote:
In Jeff Kass' book, he mentions Dylan's grandfather, William H. Klebold, was originally from Pearl, Texas. He doesn't mention much else except that he served in the army in Europe during WWI and moved to Toledo, Ohio in 1919.

Right, be he does talk more about Susan's grandfather/father.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's ancestry information   Dylan's ancestry information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's ancestry information
Page 1 of 1