Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall

Go down 
+16
Screamingophelia
23september
AllanLionChild
HanShotFirst
Amarantha
DanielGardner
James411
thelmar
School Massacre Archives
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
AD 19-95
mrbaby56
haydenschool
Primate Murder
STK
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 11:32 am

23september wrote:
I'd be terrified of going out in the states, I can't imagine not living in constant fear and a state of anxiety  

I have been finding myself checking on exits and escape routes when out in public lately. Sad it is scary.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:12 pm

haydenschool wrote:
You rarely see mass shootings committed by Hispanics, or African American people to give a few examples.

Humongous lie. Colin Ferguson, Micah Xavier Johnson, Aaron Alexis, Omar Thorton, Maurice Clemmons, Lovelle Mixon, Brian Nichols, Kori Ali Muhammad, there's probably a fair few I've simply forgotten too. Do you want me to keep going, maybe even add a few of the ones who killed less than four people? Because I can.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:39 pm

I wonder how many of these 20 something years olds were the angry teenagers like Eric, Dylan, T.J Layne etc.. and there are many factors that are not helping with the situation at this point in time...

Why are so many more happening now? Columbine was shocking for those who remember it, then Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech were pretty horrible. Now we had 2 in one day... what is different?

Even if you take away all of the guns, why are these people feeling so much more compelled to commit these acts?

iforgotmyoldname2

Contribution Points : 62317
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I wonder how many of these 20 something years olds were the angry teenagers like Eric, Dylan, T.J Layne etc.. and there are many factors that are not helping with the situation at this point in time...

Why are so many more happening now? Columbine was shocking for those who remember it, then Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech were pretty horrible. Now we had 2 in one day... what is different?

Even if you take away all of the guns, why are these people feeling so much more compelled to commit these acts?

One thing that's different now compared to 1999, 2007 or 2012 is that now it appears that being super racist is acceptable by a good percentage of the American population. Allowing that to happen will just keep creating more and more horrible people out there. I hate saying how this isn't surprising, but...
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:51 pm

iforgotmyoldname2 wrote:
One thing that's different now compared to 1999, 2007 or 2012 is that now it appears that being super racist is acceptable by a good percentage of the American population.

Another blatant untruth and a misguided attempt to compound racism with mass shootings. Even if you were right, that racism has become more accepted in society that still fails terribly at explaining mass murder. Racism alone cannot make a person want to destroy his own life and that of others.

iforgotmyoldname2

iforgotmyoldname2

Contribution Points : 62317

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:55 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
iforgotmyoldname2 wrote:
One thing that's different now compared to 1999, 2007 or 2012 is that now it appears that being super racist is acceptable by a good percentage of the American population.

Another blatant untruth and a misguided attempt to compound racism with mass shootings. Even if you were right, that racism has become more accepted in society that still fails terribly at explaining mass murder. Racism alone cannot make a person want to destroy his own life and that of others.
Obviously it isn't just racism, but it does play a part. Access to guns certainly doesn't help. There are tons of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Not in all shootings though.

Sandy Hook, Parkland, Vegas and Columbine had nothing to do with racism.

Until we start looking into the reasons and stop screaming about banning guns and white people nothing is going to get done.

SaucyJimmy

Contribution Points : 64397

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Mass shooters are so fucking boring nowadays. All white nationalist morons. We peaked in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

In my opinion I think it's because of the sense of dread humans have, people feel like there life isn't going anywhere and there isn't going to be a future for their children with the fear of climate change. There's also been a rise in mental illness like depression and anxiety which I believe a lot of these shooters have. The political climate is pretty tense as well and an increasing number of disfranchised young men are being radicalised into becoming far right extremists.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
AD 19-95

Contribution Points : 45069
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Last edited by AD 19-95 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AD 19-95

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 3:56 pm

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 4:31 pm

AD 19-95 wrote:
Here's his mugshot (https://nypost.com/2019/08/04/prosecutors-will-seek-death-penalty-for-domestic-terrorist-el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He looks less nerdy than I pictured.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 10:51 pm

AD 19-95 wrote:
Here's his mugshot (https://nypost.com/2019/08/04/prosecutors-will-seek-death-penalty-for-domestic-terrorist-el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/):

Giving this guy the death penalty is only going to make him feel like a martyr and that he actually stood for something. Death is what he wants and even said so in his manifesto.
Back to top Go down
AD 19-95

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 am

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 2:21 am

W.A.R. wrote:
AD 19-95 wrote:

Giving this guy the death penalty is only going to make him feel like a martyr and that he actually stood for something. Death is what he wants and even said so in his manifesto.

Dumbfucks need to stroke their justiceboners. They need to feel like they did something even if that something is more harmful than doing nothing.

true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58524
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 1:19 pm

22 dead. A victim passed away at 10:00 A.M.

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 1:44 pm

true_crime wrote:
22 dead. A victim passed away at 10:00 A.M.

I read that several people were in critical condition after the shooting happened. I feared this would happen.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64058
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 1:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The pdf file of the arrest warrant.

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall   BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Confirmed active shooter at Walmart near Cielo Vista Mall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2