Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122900
Forum Reputation : 40

Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Empty
PostSubject: Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott   Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 6:51 pm

If you hate I'm Not Ashamed or never watched it, I say definitely stick with this book

Rachel confirmed deceased: That night was a painful, sleepless one. Craig was in complete shock and trauma, and brokenhearted sorrow gripped and overwhelmed the rest of the family. It was not until around 11:30 the next morning that we received a call from the coroner’s office confirming that Rachel Joy Scott was among those who died on April 20, 1999. Even as I write these words, nearly a year later, tears stream down my face knowing that the destruction of that day cannot be reversed. Real violence has real consequences.

Craig Scott after 4/20: Craig has probably had the hardest road to travel. After experiencing Columbine, where he watched two friends be murdered right beside him and later found out that Rachel had also been killed, he was overwhelmed with the entire trauma. I believe Craig lost almost two years of his life where, basically, he was just a shell of a person. He went through much counseling and prayer for emotional healing. Then Craig seemed to turn the corner and start finding his way back out of the dark, long tunnel. He went back to Columbine High School, graduated, and started speaking publicly with his father. Speaking at times dregs up all of the emotional aspects of losing Rachel, but at the same time it is very therapeutic. Craig found great purpose in sharing his experience while still processing such great loss. He now has been involved in filmmaking, hoping to use the same influences the shooters of Columbine used to feed their hate. Through his movies, his goal is to inspire, motivate, and encourage others to make good life choices. After all of the horrible memories of that terrible day, I am proud to say Craig has become a better and stronger young man.

Harris and Klebold: Over a period of years, Columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold recycled their own hurts and hatreds until their souls were filled with a simmering rage at the world. As students at Columbine High School, the two angry young men didn’t respond outwardly to the perceived slights they received at the hands of fellow students, but they internalized their alienation, amplifying it with violent video games such as Doom and music by shock rocker Marilyn Manson to produce fantasies of bloody revenge.

Basement tapes: “What would Jesus do?” asks Klebold at one point in the tapes, making fun of the popular WWJD slogan that appears on more than a million bracelets and T-shirts. Yelling and making faces at the camera, Klebold asks a second question. “What would I do?” he screams before pointing an imaginary shotgun at the camera, taking aim, and making a shooting motion and corresponding sound: “ Boosh!” In the same tape, made on March 15, Harris is heard saying, “Yeah, I love Jesus. I love Jesus. Shut the f*** up.” Harris later chants, “Go Romans. . . . Thank God they crucified that a******.” Then the two troubled teenagers join together in chanting, “Go Romans! Go Romans! Yeah! Whooh!” All this was troubling enough for Darrell Scott, who could bear to listen to only one of the killers’ five videotapes. But then he heard Klebold, who had reportedly had a crush on Rachel, single her out for particular disdain, calling her a “godly whore” and a “stuck-up little b****.”

Eric Harris: Eric Harris probably didn’t start out life deciding he wanted to be a mass murderer. Rather, his life took shape step-by-step as he made decisions all along the way.

Matt Ketcher: The night before he was killed, Matt was up until midnight talking on the phone to our son Craig, who was one of his closest friends. A friendly boy with an infectious sense of humor, Matt had hoped to land a starting spot on Columbine’s football team. The following fall, when the team won its first state title, the victory was dedicated to Matt. As committed to academics as he was to athletics, Matt died next to Craig in the library that day.

What are your thoughts on the book?

Contribution Points : 102022
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott   Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 7:18 pm

But then he heard Klebold, who had reportedly had a crush on Rachel, single her out for particular disdain, wrote:
*shudders

Oh this....
Back to top Go down
FreeJust

Contribution Points : 43590
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott   Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 7:30 pm

I’m honestly not sure. On one hand, if they’re not full of you-know-what (see She Said Yes), then books like these can be extremely moving and touching.
But, on the other hand...I have to keep reminded myself that this is books about innocent children who were gunned down at school, and who aren’t here anymore to tell the stories themselves, and their poor parents are the ones left with the unenviable task of having to do it...
...it kind of hurts my heart to read them, looking at it from that point of view. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott   Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 1:12 pm

If anybody has any troubles finding the book online - here it goes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott   Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 4:02 pm

Maboroshi wrote:
If anybody has any troubles finding the book online - here it goes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott   Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 6:02 pm

margaflor wrote:
Maboroshi wrote:

Thank you!!
I want to share other books written by parents as well, maybe I'll eventually have to spend some money since I can't find the certain books already available for free (for example the Sandy Hook ones). =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott   Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rachel's Tears~ By Beth Nimmo and Darell Scott
Page 1 of 1