Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's Daydreams

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Eric's Daydreams Empty
PostSubject: Eric's Daydreams   Eric's Daydreams Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:05 pm

In the transcription of Eric's online conversations with an "unnamed girl" he vividly and openly describes two of his daydreams: one of bobbing on an ocean alone with all of humanity dead, the other of blasting off into space.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These dreams seem directly related to NBK to me. Anyone else have any thoughts about them?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 104931
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's Daydreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Daydreams   Eric's Daydreams Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I recall the dream about being in a space station or something, and all the computers looked as though they were really old, covered in growth and stuff. Really vivid imagery. I think he describes this one in a chat session as well, not a day-dream though.

The floating in the ocean one gives me this really weird sensation; I can't quite describe it.
Back to top Go down

Eric's Daydreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Daydreams   Eric's Daydreams Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:10 pm

gustopoet wrote:
In the transcription of Eric's online conversations with an "unnamed girl" he vividly and openly describes two of his daydreams: one of bobbing on an ocean alone with all of humanity dead, the other of blasting off into space.

These dreams seem directly related to NBK to me. Anyone else have any thoughts about them?

That would be his AOL chats with Jen Laufenberg.  I believe he worked at Tortilla Wraps with her for a time until she moved out of state for college.  

The fact that he seems to get so turned on  and excited by those "daydreams" which are extremely vacant, apocalyptic, deserted landscapes by nature (reminds me of something out of the visual video game Myst) seems to be rather telling about his personality and what the void within himself craved. He longed to be, essentially, an island on to himself; ruler of a derelict world. Absolute quiet - peaceful with no humans to bother him.  

I speculate that he probably had the best, most intense dreams and daydream-like visions when he was voluntarily, abruptly going on and off his SSRI meds "to increase his awareness" as Brooks Brown claims Eric had mentioned.   I recall years ago being on a trial prescription for anti-depressants (something I wouldn't do today knowing how they affect the brain!) and when I ran out of the med, I had the most stunning, bizarre, super-real dreams.  In one dream, I recall soaring around planets in deep space.  It felt so real and exciting that I was majorly let down when I awoke.  These types of chemically induced dreams would stay with me all. day. long.  Th feelings and visions attached to having the dream still residual in my mind's eye.  I've never had such tangible dreams since.  Those anti-depressants, psychotropic drugs have quite potent ingredients to reconfigure the chemical reactions going on in your brain.  I think that Eric may have stared off into space, on a given day, in the classroom for example, and his brain chemicals were inducing such powerful "daydreams".
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 104931
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's Daydreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Daydreams   Eric's Daydreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:41 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
gustopoet wrote:

That would be his AOL chats with Jen Laufenberg.  I believe he worked at Tortilla Wraps with her for a time until she moved out of state for college.  

The fact that he seems to get so turned on  and excited by those "daydreams" which are extremely vacant, apocalyptic, deserted landscapes by nature (reminds me of something out of the visual video game Myst) seems to be rather telling about his personality and what the void within himself craved. He longed to be, essentially, an island on to himself; ruler of a derelict world. Absolute quiet -  peaceful with no humans to bother him.  

I speculate that he probably had the best, most intense dreams and daydream-like visions when he was voluntarily, abruptly going on and off his SSRI meds "to increase his awareness" as Brooks Brown claims Eric had mentioned.   I recall years ago being on a trial prescription for anti-depressants (something I wouldn't do today knowing how they affect the brain!) and when I ran out of the med, I had the most stunning, bizarre, super-real dreams.  In one dream, I recall soaring around planets in deep space.  It felt so real and exciting that I was majorly let down when I awoke.  These types of chemically induced dreams would stay with me all. day. long.  Th feelings and visions attached to having the dream still residual in my mind's eye.  I've never had such tangible dreams since.  Those anti-depressants, psychotropic drugs have quite potent ingredients to reconfigure the chemical reactions going on in your brain.  I think that Eric may have stared off into space, on a given day, in the classroom for example, and his brain chemicals were inducing such powerful "daydreams".

I can attest to this. I have been on anti-depressants and I would be able to recall dreams as if I was watching a film while I was sleeping, and I had a bad tendency to day-dream during the day.
Back to top Go down

Eric's Daydreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Daydreams   Eric's Daydreams Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 pm

The influence of psychotropic drugs on Eric is a very interesting aspect of the case. Thanks to those who've posted their personal experiences in this regard.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 91

Eric's Daydreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Daydreams   Eric's Daydreams Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:30 am

We discussed aspects of this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well.

In a way, this thread almost goes hand in hand with the other. I sincerely appreciate the personal experiences shared here, too.

The effect they had on Eric is much more substantial than many seem to realize (or in some cases, want to properly explore and admit).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric's Daydreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Daydreams   Eric's Daydreams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's Daydreams
Page 1 of 1