Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who was the leader?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Who was the leader? Empty
PostSubject: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:16 pm

I know there is already a poll about this but that isn't really a discussion and I'd like to see discussions on who you think was the leader and why you think that? Jenn and Ivan, I didn't already see a thread about this so if there is, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

Contribution Points : 100736
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:45 pm

I think they were both in this equally and neither was the 'leader'. Each had there own areas where they took more ownership. Eric was primarily involved in the bombs but each wanted to do NBK just as much as the other.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Both, and neither. The motivation for the act was mutual. The depth of feeling corresponding with the motivation was equally deep, although not born of exactly the same place. The owner for the act in the practical was Eric, the owner for the act in the metaphysical was Dylan. They were completely and utterly equal to one another in every single way. And, yet, I don't think it was something that could have leadership. I think they were both subject to the force of the plan that ended up having a chokehold on them in the end. Krabbé wrote in the conclusion of his book that an Eric-without-NBK no longer existed, and I am inclined to add that a Dylan-without-elaborate-murder-suicide-ideations no longer existed either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:21 pm

They were arm-in-arm. No leader. If two drowning people cling to one another, which is the leader?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 98429
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:39 pm

No one was the leader, NBK was a product of both minds and it happened for the anger of both, and as thedragonrampant wrote, Eric was the owner of the practical and Dylan of the metaphysical part and NBK couldn't went out at the way it did, without it. Both are responsable, both wanted the same and both wanted to produced the same damage and legacy, their personalities together could go on with the plan as it was in their fantasies and I don't think that the final product could happened like it did if Eric would act alone or Dylan or one of them with another person

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 11:28 pm

As zsplatter said, Eric took the lead on getting the guns and making the bombs, but Dylan wasnt a follower he was just a lazier, self loathing, depressed kid. Eric knew he had to make the bomb part of nbk happen. No one was a leader on 420, they fed off of each other. They needed each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:08 am

A symbiotic relationship. Though, I do think Eric's energy, momentum and tenacity to keep things on track was a necessary ingredient in the two following through with lethal calculation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was the leader?   Who was the leader? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was the leader?
Page 1 of 1