Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twenty-two years of Columbine

Go down 
+7
WhereHateRunsRed
Onyx
Draw_It_White
Screamingophelia
bradt93
Lunkhead McGrath
LPorter101
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147925
Forum Reputation : 2502

Twenty-two years of Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 9:27 am

Where were you twenty-two years ago? What were you doing?

Here's what Eric Harris was doing:

Quote :
heh heh heh. I sure had fun this weekend. lets see, what really happened. before going to the Rock n Bowl we stopped by King Soopers and one and [censored] picked up some big ass stoges. we then went to the Rock n Bowl and I had a few cigarettes and one of brand new cigars. we then went back to [censored] house where her mom had previousely bought us all a fuck load of liquor. personally I had asked for Tequilla and Irish cream, Vodka got his vodka, and there was beer, whiskey, schnopps, puckers, scotch and of course, orange juice! so we had some fun there playing cards and making drinks. we eventually made it to bed at about 5AM. got up at 10, went to safeway got some donouts and then I took Vodka home. the bottle of Tequilla is almost full and is in car, right by my spare tire and right by the bottle of irish cream. heh heh. I'll have to find a spot for those. and by the way, this nazi report is boosting my love of killing even more. like the early Nazi government, my brain is like a sponge, sucking up everything that sounds cool and leaving out all that is worthless, thats how Nazism was formed and thats how I will be too!
11/8/98

Incidentally, November 1998 had the same calendar as this month, so the 7th and 8th were Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

Onyx, daisylee671 and qfwfq like this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Three months from tomorrow.

They'd already seen their last Memorial Day, last Fourth of July, their last Labor Day, their last Halloween, their last Thanksgiving, their last Christmas, their last New Year's, and their last Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 4:46 pm

I hate drinking alcohol and have never been drunk, but I can certainly reminisce on how exciting it was to just go into a liquor store as a teen and marvel at the vertiginious rainbow of alcohol and imagine trying all of it. I used to get on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and read "Big Drink Lists" of various colorful drinks and imagine trying them, but never did.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 12:02 am

We're coming up on it fast. Two weeks from Tuesday.

Aside from Dave Sanders, all of the people who died on that day have been dead longer than they were alive. Some of the people who survived have teenagers of their own by now.

Every year I find that my feelings about 4/20 get a little harder and a little softer - harder in the sense that I find myself making fewer excuses for Eric and Dylan, that I find myself agreeing that what they did was truly evil and unforgivable, but softer in the sense that I still don't want to write them off completely, that I still find myself mourning them as well as their victims. I still want to believe that both boys could have been saved up until the moment that they started shooting. I guess I always will.

But the bottom line is that no one was able to save them. And if there is some cosmic price to be paid for bringing forth so much death and pain and unspeakable human suffering, then they probably deserve to pay it.

I don't want to believe that Eric and Dylan are burning in hell. But I understand why some people do want them to be.

Onyx, treehouseofhorror, daisylee671 and johncena like this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 10:25 pm

Thursday was the eighth anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. Friday was the fourteenth anniversary of Virginia Tech. Tomorrow is the 28th anniversary of the Waco fire and the 26th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.

And the day after tomorrow is the 22nd anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

Some of the kids who were born on 4/20 have already graduated from college. That's how much time has passed.

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 10:29 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Aside from Dave Sanders, all of the people who died on that day have been dead longer than they were alive. Some of the people who survived have teenagers of their own by now.

Every year I find that my feelings about 4/20 get a little harder and a little softer - harder in the sense that I find myself making fewer excuses for Eric and Dylan, that I find myself agreeing that what they did was truly evil and unforgivable, but softer in the sense that I still don't want to write them off completely, that I still find myself mourning them as well as their victims. I still want to believe that both boys could have been saved up until the moment that they started shooting. I guess I always will.

But the bottom line is that no one was able to save them. And if there is some cosmic price to be paid for bringing forth so much death and pain and unspeakable human suffering, then they probably deserve to pay it.

I don't want to believe that Eric and Dylan are burning in hell. But I understand why some people do want them to be.
Well, those kids were broken when they were born probably. It would have really helped if they never went to Columbine. Eric was happy in Michigan and his dad never should've moved to Colorado. Dylan should've went to another school period.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 10:30 pm

Wayne Harris has to be the most selfish dad and inconsiderate dad ever.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 8:42 pm

Right now the sun is setting in the Denver area.

At this moment in 1999, 15 people were watching the last sunset of their lives. Only two of them knew what was coming. Did any of them pause to look at it?

vandands likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 9:19 pm

I just got done with class and I was putting dishes away and it just hit me, I live in the area now and 22 years ago not far from where I am, people were doing mundane stuff just like I am now.... and so many of us going about out lives not knowing what is going to happen. Sad

Since restrictions have lifted so much, I will be at the memorial tomorrow to pay my respects.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 1:51 am

It’s the morning of 20th April now in the UK (I think maybe just coming up to midnight in Denver).

My thoughts are with the 13 people who died and their families.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 48252
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 6:00 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Right now the sun is setting in the Denver area.

At this moment in 1999, 15 people were watching the last sunset of their lives. Only two of them knew what was coming. Did any of them pause to look at it?

This sent chills down my spine.
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 81079
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 7:44 am

LPorter101 wrote:

Always makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74219

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 7:47 am

I don't think there will be much media coverage of this anniversary. It's weed day after all. Maybe for the 25th anniversary though.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 8:47 am

myshame wrote:
I don't think there will be much media coverage of this anniversary. It's weed day after all. Maybe for the 25th anniversary though.

I woke up in a motel room in Littleton on the day of the anniversary a couple of years ago. It was well strange just flicking the news on and the local reporters were talking about it. I went down to the memorial and the tv were interviewing people whilst I was there but obviously never saw that on the tele.

I went down to the crosses they have in one of the cemeteries (with Screamingopheia as it happens) but it felt a little intrusive as there were the parents of the dead kids there at the same time.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 8:51 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
myshame wrote:

I woke up in a motel room in Littleton on the day of the anniversary a couple of years ago. It was well strange just flicking the news on and the local reporters were talking about it. I went down to the memorial and the tv were interviewing people whilst I was there but obviously never saw that on the tele.

I went down to the crosses they have in one of the cemeteries (with Screamingopheia as it happens) but it felt a little intrusive as there were the parents of the dead kids there at the same time.

Well I guess in Colorado they'd talk about it.

It's such a shame because Austin Eubanks won't be around for the 25th anniversary. Sad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 8:55 am

Almost of all of the Denver news FB pages have posts about the anniversary today. One called E and D "bullied outcasts" which feels controversial now considering all of the information that has come out and all of the debates.

I remember going to the cemetaries with DIW on the 19th anniversary!

On the 20th anniversary I went to Lauren's grave and went to the memorial service at Clement Park.

Then there was an afternoon of brewery hopping for the general public to raise money. So I did that too, for a good cause.

I'm going to the park today to lay down flowers and visit the memorial.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 8:56 am

BTW, I volunteer for an organization that was started by one of my friends who is a survivor and I have several friends who are survivors, hence why I do so much.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Almost of all of the Denver news FB pages have posts about the anniversary today. One called E and D "bullied outcasts" which feels controversial now considering all of the information that has come out and all of the debates.

On the 20th anniversary I went to Lauren's grave and went to the memorial service at Clement Park.

Then there was an afternoon of brewery hopping for the general public to raise money. So I did that too, for a good cause.

I'm going to the park today to lay down flowers and visit the memorial.

Nice to hear that from you!  Thank you for doing so much, I wish one day I could help in the same way. it is very nice to hear that these acts are still being done .. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 9:12 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Off topic here but I found the whole experience of Denver bizarre!

I remember the day before the anniversary I was sat at a bar about a mile away from the school (its name escapes me now). I got talking to some guy at the bar who heard my accent and we were just chatting about the different laws and things like that. I got id’d for a drink at just about every bar I went to in Littleton. I think I was about 34 at the time and that hadn’t happened since I was about 17 in the UK. He then started telling me about guns and asked if I wanted to go hunting with him in the morning when I told him I’d never fired a gun. I thought he was a bit of a gun nut but at least 4 other people in that bar offered me the very same thing for the following day! He said there were likely to be about 10 people in the bar at the time who would be carrying some sort of gun on them. Crazy that people do that when they are out drinking!
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Off topic here but I found the whole experience of Denver bizarre!

I remember the day before the anniversary I was sat at a bar about a mile away from the school (its name escapes me now). I got talking to some guy at the bar who heard my accent and we were just chatting about the different laws and things like that. I got id’d for a drink at just about every bar I went to in Littleton. I think I was about 34 at the time and that hadn’t happened since I was about 17 in the UK. He then started telling me about guns and asked if I wanted to go hunting with him in the morning when I told him I’d never fired a gun. I thought he was a bit of a gun nut but at least 4 other people in that bar offered me the very same thing for the following day! He said there were likely to be about 10 people in the bar at the time who would be carrying some sort of gun on them. Crazy that people do that when they are out drinking!

I've also heard of another guy who wanted to show the Europeans how to hunt lol.

Yeah in the west they have guns I guess. Dunno what the law in Colorado is on concealed carry, of if there is a law, if people follow it.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 10:17 am

At this moment 20 years ago, Rachel Scott had about two hours to live.

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: rachel   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 10:29 am

LPorter101 wrote:
At this moment 20 years ago, Rachel Scott had about two hours to live.

Whelp, I guess it's underway, but I'm anniversaried out after 4/20/2019.
Not that what you've said about the final sunset isn't eerie--I really like sunsets.
If there really is a Judeo Christian afterlife then it's hard to see how E&D would end up in the good part of it. Your American Judeo-Christian-derived morality will tell you that you should try to save anyone or forgive anyone no matter what they do, but Brian Rohrbough's quote "the Bible is clear on this, you do not have to forgive someone who isn't sorry!" eats at me too (I'm well aware that Mr. Rohrbough has been a somewhat overblown person since 4/20/99 and has alienated many people, mind you, but "nothing trumps a grieving dad" eh?)
"No one saved them" - If they were crying out for someone to save them then they didn't cry loud enough, or at the right target audience. They blew off rage, however much of it posturing, in their journals, that few would have seen prior to NBK.

bradt93--"Wayne Harris is the most selfish and inconsiderate dad ever"? He couldn't be worse than Michael Jackson's dad or Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys' dad could he?

Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 10:31 am

this video was published yesterday:

The "first" SWAT officer at the scene. He even had a book published a few years back.
Back to top Go down
WhereHaveYouBeen

Contribution Points : 51725

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm

April 20th falls on a Tuesday this year. Just like in 1999 Shocked

browneyes11 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 12:08 pm

myshame wrote:

The "first" SWAT officer at the scene. He even had a book published a few years back.

Have you read that guys book? What a jester he is.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
myshame wrote:

Have you read that guys book? What a jester he is.

Haven't read it but I read reviews of the book on amazon and I don't plan on ever buying it.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Five minutes to noon. Twelve people are already dead. Eric and Dylan have less than 15 minutes to live. Dave Sanders will linger on for a few more hours.

browneyes11 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Eric and Dylan are dead.

StellEclipse1529

Contribution Points : 28020

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 4:22 pm

It is currently April 20, 2021, where I currently live in the U.S. My heart, prayers, and condolences go out to the thirteen victims and their families.

Jenn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 pm

I just got home from going to the park and memorial. there were many people there, lots of flowers which was nice to see and added color to the slush and mud. It snowed pretty hard yesterday and it was warm today, so it melted quickly.

I always say I'm not going to cry, but I do. Lauren and Danny Mauser's plaques always get me. Sad

Jenn and browneyes11 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 9:55 am

My condolences.

22 years ago I was not really aware of the event.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 12:56 pm

The bodies are still lying in the library.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 1:59 am

It's sad all around. To the victims getting killed and I do have to feel some empathy for Eric and Dylan, they never felt loved and that everyone hated them.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 2:00 am

I mean when Eric couldn't get one date to the prom, that's pretty bad. Horrible judgemental people.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-two years of Columbine   Twenty-two years of Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twenty-two years of Columbine
Page 1 of 1