Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Areddee

Areddee

Contribution Points : 64063
Forum Reputation : 0

58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Empty
PostSubject: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 pm

I can not understand the giant sweep under the rug the Route 91shooting was. 58 dead. 500 injured by gunshot. Am I a conspiracy theorist to belive this shooting had more than meets the eye?

Correct me if I am wrong, but this shooting was the worst mass shooting we've had on American soil. Just for it to never be talked about.

IDK I am curious to hear what every has to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 4:01 pm

[REDACTED]

Last edited by paddock hemorrhoid on Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Areddee

Areddee

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 4:11 pm

paddock hemorrhoid wrote:
Just a small correction. 60 people died. IIRC one woman died in November 2019 and another woman died in May 2020

I may not be responding correctly. I forgot how to use forums lol. But yes, my bad. You are correct! Which just adds to the confusion. Not to mention the few survivors who passed shortly after the attack. Why is this shooting so fishy from every aspect?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 4:30 pm

Interesting, didn't they want to keep some of this anonymous? I don't know how this works well but ... maybe for the victims and the families.
Back to top Go down
Areddee

Areddee

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 4:34 pm

margaflor wrote:
Interesting, didn't they want to keep some of this anonymous? I don't know how this works well but ... maybe for the victims and the families.

I've had that thought. The only thing is, (and this isn't a fact or if it can be proven) since when has the media decided to be nice? The media LOVES this type of things. Brings in the $$$$$$.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Areddee wrote:
margaflor wrote:

I've had that thought. The only thing is, (and this isn't a fact or if it can be proven) since when has the media decided to be nice? The media LOVES this type of things. Brings in the $$$$$$.

That is very true, although I have seen cases that are not very mediatic either and there is no reason, why is it? Cases of school shootings that go missing or there is almost no information in the media ...
Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 39278
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 6:46 pm

There isn’t a lot on Stephen Paddock. No online history like William Atchison and no confirmed motive like the Sandy Hook shooter. It leaves little for media to talk about but it probably gives us a lot to theorize on.

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise

Areddee likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 2:00 am

people only seem to have a noteworthy visceral response to mass shootings if they a. happen in a school, or b. have a terrorist/hate crime motive. sandy hook or parkland will always be the go-to mass shootings for propaganda (at least until the next big school shooting inevitably happens) due to the simple fact that people are much more emotionally invested in the wellbeing of children compared to adults. also, the lack of info on paddock just meant the media didn't have as much material to sensationalize.

that being said, I don't think Route 91 was totally overlooked. as someone who lives outside of America, I remember it being a big story and I've overheard people discussing it on numerous occasions, even years after it happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 4:21 am

I think it's because Stephan Paddock was 64 years old which fucked up the young white man narrative. Also, he had no easily identifiable motive and wasn't alt right, left no notes or diary, and was pretty anonymous in life.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60164
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Yeah, Steven Paddock was a pretty off-the-grid guy and so with the media not having much information on him, the case faded into somewhat obscurity

Areddee likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 6:09 am

I wonder how many people remember the Happy Land Fire.

offtopicr

Contribution Points : 34746

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 3:31 pm

-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS   58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

58 DEAD 500 INJURED! LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE, WHY? LAS VEGAS
Page 1 of 1