Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Empty
PostSubject: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 11:31 am

If the teachers knew there were gunfire, why didn't they take action and lock their doors?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 1:40 pm

I guess they were in the state of shock since it was a very unexpected event and weren't ready to react quickly? Idk really.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 4:27 am

I know one door was broken and did not close. They blocked it with furniture.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Sarakeet and Mr Bubbless like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 11:43 am

they probably did not expect what was going to happen and due to the state of shock or perhaps, they did not know the measures they should take at that moment due to the despair and confusión.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60914
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 6:02 pm

They were most likely in shock but did manage to block the doors with furniture as Lanza could have easily shot through the door if they just locked it rather than blocking it.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64083
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 12:20 am

The doors in the school could only be locked from outside.

lognifiiskurk, Luci and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 40028
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 3:44 pm

I think Vicki Soto was trying to lock the door as he began to enter her class. Unfortunately the school's doors were bad.

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
nrmnfckngrckwll

Contribution Points : 17630
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2022 8:21 pm

I'm assuming it all happened so fast and were confused about what's happening that they didn't have the time to react appropriately.

Now this has got me thinking which of the rooms did AL entered first... 8 or 10? 🤔...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?   Why didn't the teachers lock their doors? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why didn't the teachers lock their doors?
Page 1 of 1