Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?

Go down 
+4
NEXT STEP UP
Bookish
transcendentalauracel331
Kinkeloukaitis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 43955
Forum Reputation : 102

Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Empty
PostSubject: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 11:07 am

I don’t want. I wouldn't like it... not at all.

transcendentalauracel331 likes this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 16407
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 11:34 am

Kinkeloukaitis wrote:

I'm not against biopics and documentary series about killers. And not all Netflix series about killers are bad. I haven't seen the new Jeffrey Dahmer one yet, but the one Netflix had about Bundy a few years ago was pretty decent.
And I get it, there's a very annoying type of "true crime" person that watches these kind of Netflix series. Usually normie chicks that like to listen to podcasts about murderers while doing their makeup or some shit.
So, I could see why you wouldn't want those types of people watching a Netflix series about Columbine and acting as annoying about it as they are about the Dahmer series right now.
However, because those types of series usually have a decent budget, I doubt the actual content of it would be bad. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Netflix series about Columbine.

scythezoid and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21750
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 12:43 pm

It would be good for this forum in terms of members and posts, just not for the quality of it. So many annoying questions that have been answered a million times and probably a lot of people that are on the band wagon short term. I can’t believe people are only hearing of Dahmer now, that seems alien to me and all my reading.

symbolz and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 4:13 pm

This will bring more cringe, more normies
Already when I see the tcc, I think "oh my god what Dylan & Eric would have thought of these degenerates".

symbolz likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42783
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 9:26 pm

If it's based on Jeff Kass's work, count me in.

But they're likely gonna consult faglord Cullen for it, if it'll ever exist. Considering that Netflix is comprised of trend-following pansies and soy-poisoned weebs, I doubt a Columbine series will ever happen. If it ever exists, it'll probably be shit.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

Screamingophelia, Kinkeloukaitis, Xtina, symbolz and CrazyfortheCrazies like this post

Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35602
Forum Reputation : 254

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 1:29 am

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
If it's based on Jeff Kass's work, count me in.

But they're likely gonna consult faglord Cullen for it, if it'll ever exist. Considering that Netflix is comprised of trend-following pansies and soy-poisoned weebs, I doubt a Columbine series will ever happen. If it ever exists, it'll probably be shit.

Agreed. I can't stand Cullen's bullshit. I watched some lecture he gave a while back and he had a photo of Dylan's hearts on the projector and left it up the whole time. My head kinda hurt from all the eye rolling lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NEXT STEP UP and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 5:12 am

And I feel like that's going to happen soon, even for Adam Lanza. It's horrible to think that they're going to make money on them, and I'm sure it's going to be sloppy, not 100% faithful. They will never know history as we know it.

Also, Netflix is pro leftist propaganda, degenerate, they could make E&D gay or put in things that will have nothing to do with it. (just for the sake of the normies)

And honestly, I don't think E&D would like Netflix and be on that kind of crap. Disney and all that, they hated.... So Netflix, you can imagine that they would hate that. It's like the people who do tik tok on E&D. My God... they really don't understand the characters. I'm really afraid of that.

And it won't have that 90's soul. The people who will do it, will do it with 21st century eyes. I don't know if I'll be understood...

symbolz and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 6:21 am

To be honest, I really wouldn't like that, especially after seeing how people reacted to the Jeffrey Dahmer thing
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21750
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 8:01 am

It would probably be really sensationalised. I’d argue the climate isn’t right for it since so many shooters of the future will claim it inspired them.

Kinkeloukaitis likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 11:08 pm

Kinkeloukaitis wrote:
they could make E&D gay

Now THAT I wanna see.

DireX and Ilikesharks like this post

Back to top Go down
symbolz

symbolz

Contribution Points : 17504
Forum Reputation : 127

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2022 10:49 am

I wouldn't want it, and I agree with a lot of the reasons already given by you guys. I feel like Columbine is not allowed to be accurately depicted in media, because if you include anything about the bullying/negative social atmosphere of the school, or depict Eric and Dylan as anything other than monsters, people will accuse it of being "glorification." The general public is content with inaccurate feel-good movies like I'm Not Ashamed because it simplifies everything and doesn't force them to confront the real reasons behind the shooting.

Also, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, having a modern series about it would feel weird, because Columbine was such a product of its time. Netflix uses super high-definition cameras where you can see every single pore on the actors' faces, which I hate and find distracting because it turns your attention away from the plot.

Screamingophelia, Kinkeloukaitis, Xtina, NEXT STEP UP, DireX and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76136
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: hoogie boogie land   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 11:51 pm

symbolz wrote:
I wouldn't want it, and I agree with a lot of the reasons already given by you guys. I feel like Columbine is not allowed to be accurately depicted in media, because if you include anything about the bullying/negative social atmosphere of the school, or depict Eric and Dylan as anything other than monsters, people will accuse it of being "glorification." The general public is content with inaccurate feel-good movies like I'm Not Ashamed because it simplifies everything and doesn't force them to confront the real reasons behind the shooting.

Also, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, having a modern series about it would feel weird, because Columbine was such a product of its time. Netflix uses super high-definition cameras where you can see every single pore on the actors' faces, which I hate and find distracting because it turns your attention away from the plot.

The chief reason given for the shooting in "I'm Not Ashamed" (trite movie though it was) was...bullying. Eric was seen being "dork bowled" down a slippery hallway until he hit his head against a locker at which point he got up and said to some jock character "I'm gonna kill you!!" Obviously inaccuracies were still present--because it has Rachel being asked if she believes in God--but they still cited bullying as the big reason.

Let's face it, if they didn't include that stuff, about half the interest would be gone.

Try as you might to deny it, but the reason people are interested in Columbine as opposed to other shootings is that it conjures up their own bad memories of getting their sorry asses whomped when they were kids and lacked the willpower to do anything about it. People identify with Eric & Dylan, even if they shouldn't--and they shouldn't--in a way they never would with, say, Adam Lanza.

Helianthus, symbolz, transcendentalauracel331 and vril like this post

Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 43239
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 5:31 am

Kinkeloukaitis wrote:
A documentary, sure. But I am mostly not a fan of dramatic interpretations of horrific real-life events like these. Sure, I'm not against it, but I feel like we have enough copycats already and that such a series would create even more inspiration. I get that people do want it though, since I do not feel like you should ban videogames for example.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 6:28 pm

I wanna make a Columbine TV show, or at least a narrative book. Same goes for a lot of cases tbh.

Back to top Go down
symbolz

symbolz

Contribution Points : 17504
Forum Reputation : 127

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 7:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you're right about I'm Not Ashamed, I should have thought out my comment better before I posted. They do portray bullying in the movie, thanks for pointing that out. I do still stand by what I said about people being accused of "glorification" if they don't include a million qualifiers about how evil Eric and Dylan were.

I agree that one of the reasons people are still interested in this case over 20 years later is because many people can relate to being bullied growing up, but I don't think that's true for everyone who's interested in the case, because there are more reasons for the shooting than just bullying. People identify with Eric and Dylan for more reasons than just the bullying aspect too, I think. Enough is known about them to be able to relate to other aspects of their personalities and lives; the same can't be said for other shooters. But I do agree that the bullying aspect is what draws a lot of people in.

NEXT STEP UP and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?   Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you like Netflix to do a series on E&D?
Page 1 of 1