Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Waco series on Netflix

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Waco series on Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Anyone watch this? Is it worth watching? Rory Culkin is pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 10:08 pm

I am curious as well. I've been thinking about watching it because I have an interest in Waco. I've read that the show really tries to paint a certain narrative, so idk how accurate it will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Waco is very interesting. Definitely not talked about as much. "Madman or Messiah" was good from what I saw of it. Will have to start watching Waco soon. Thanks for your input! Smile
Back to top Go down
NeedaHaircut

Contribution Points : 48205
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm about halfway through it. Can't say how accurate it is as I don't really know much about Waco. I can say it has held my interest so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 7:41 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40950
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 1:48 am

I watched it. I thought it was really good.

hvernon wrote:
I've read that the show really tries to paint a certain narrative, so idk how accurate it will be.

It's based on two books, one by the FBI negotiator (Gary Noesner) who was kicked off the case because he disagreed with the negotiation tactics being used, and one by survivor David Thibodeau. So the narrative is that the officials mishandled it since that's what the source materials say.

It doesn't come right out and say that the FBI started the fire, probably to avoid getting sued, but it heavily implies it. It shows news reports that talk about how tear gas can become incendiary and many previous incidents where that has happened. Noesner's character also says that CS gas is banned by the Geneva Convention. Then at the end there is a title card that says that surviving Branch Davidians denied any plan to start a fire (one survivor did testify that he saw Branch Davidians starting a fire, though, and they don't mention that). The title card also says that in the Danforth Report, the FBI wasn't blamed for the fire, but the FBI did admit to using the incendiary gas and then throwing in flash-bang grenades.

As always, I think it's up to the viewer to do their own research and come to their own conclusions as to what they think happened.
Back to top Go down
Yunduro

Yunduro

Contribution Points : 39367
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 7:08 am

I'm watching it through at the moment, it's good and worth the watch. Although of course as it's based on two books it has a specific viewpoint in mind.

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 8:09 pm

I read the book "Ashes of Waco" by Dick Reavis. Good book, I started watching the Waco series a few weeks ago, but the scene with the song "My Sharona" really turned me off. I guess it's hard to imagine Koresh playing that song, and indulging in a conversation with a stranger about how the compound had no running water when they had just met. I should probably finish it before they take it off Netflix. Anyway, thanks for all your answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waco series on Netflix   Waco series on Netflix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waco series on Netflix
Page 1 of 1