Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

dylan's warrior spiked knife

Go down 
+6
Darkness
tellecat
NEXT STEP UP
symbolz
Ennui
ANOMIC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tellecat

tellecat

Contribution Points : 19233
Forum Reputation : 461

dylan's warrior spiked knife Empty
PostSubject: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 4:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i was curious about dylan's knife since its so crazy looking. i was reading old reddit threads and found some guy who said that in DOOM when you run out of ammo you use your hands and your left fist has spiked knuckles on it. he brought up that dylan had the knife on his left side and was left handed. but looking back to the DOOM games from 1993/1995 the fists are just bare hands, no spikes. it made a lot of sense to me since they planned so much of their attack based on movies/games, so i'm wondering if there's another 90s game that dylan might've been playing with spiked knuckles that inspired him? it's super possible he just had the knife because it looked cool, which is valid. just curious if anyone has any ideas because i don't have much 90s game knowledge.

Nelson216 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ANOMIC

ANOMIC

Contribution Points : 43478
Forum Reputation : 1149

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 4:48 pm

The knife appears in Cobra (1986) and is used as the main weapon by The Night Slasher who is the antagonist of the movie. I would assume Dylan saw this movie at one point and figured that it would be neat to get that knife. Coincidentally, I guess, the main reason why The Night Slasher and his group is killing people in the movie is because they are Social Darwinists who believe that the weak should be snuffed out and that only the smartest and the strongest should survive and rule the world. Natural Selection in a nutshell.

NEXT STEP UP, vril and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
Ennui

Ennui

Contribution Points : 19526
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 5:03 pm

Varg Vikernes had the same knife as well

QuestionMark, Darkness, Engel, ANOMIC, Nelson216, NEXT STEP UP, vril and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
symbolz

symbolz

Contribution Points : 17629
Forum Reputation : 127

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 6:18 pm

Ennui wrote:
Varg Vikernes had the same knife as well

I've seen this photo a million times and never made this connection. Great find!

Darkness, Nelson216, Ennui, NEXT STEP UP and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 6:25 pm

ANOMIC wrote:
The knife appears in Cobra (1986) and is used as the main weapon by The Night Slasher who is the antagonist of the movie. I would assume Dylan saw this movie at one point and figured that it would be neat to get that knife. Coincidentally, I guess, the main reason why The Night Slasher and his group is killing people in the movie is because they are Social Darwinists who believe that the weak should be snuffed out and that only the smartest and the strongest should survive and rule the world. Natural Selection in a nutshell.

thank you for this reply!! i kept seeing the word cobra next to it when i saw people referring to dylan's knife but when i searched it up it just showed ones to buy, so i assumed it was a model or brand or something lol. i wonder if he meant for the knife to have meaning since the movie is essentially about natural selection, but i doubt he'd think it through that much tbh

ANOMIC and NEXT STEP UP like this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42909
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 9:22 pm

Where can you get that knife? I like it for the pure crazy factor.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

Ennui and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 9:28 pm

NEXT STEP UP wrote:

all the websites im seeing it on look pretty sus and without reviews, but they go for $20-35. also one website listed it as a "fantasy knife" lmaoo

Darkness

Contribution Points : 29808
Forum Reputation : 241

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 11:45 pm

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
I have the same knife. I've had it for a bit over a year now I paid $25 for it. I got it from a local Halloween store thats exclusive to my location so unfortunately I cant help out much from where to get it. It's pretty cool looking and what not but definitely not practical.

Nelson216, NEXT STEP UP and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Contribution Points : 29808
Forum Reputation : 241

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 11:53 pm

ANOMIC wrote:
Not really relevant but the knife also appears in the movie Branded (2006) produced by Brain Damage Films.

ANOMIC, NEXT STEP UP, tellecat and buffalobill91 like this post

Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35727
Forum Reputation : 254

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 8:39 am

Sigh. I like collecting knives and swords/katanas but it's hard in Australia. Can't even get flick knives.

tellecat and Samson like this post

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Contribution Points : 13614
Forum Reputation : 92

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 10:30 am

Xtina wrote:
Sigh. I like collecting knives and swords/katanas but it's hard in Australia. Can't even get flick knives.
Most fixed blades are legal and you can still get a lot of high quality blades here but I agree, our laws are too needlessly restrictive.

Xtina likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35727
Forum Reputation : 254

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 am

Samson wrote:
Xtina wrote:
Most fixed blades are legal and you can still get a lot of high quality blades here but I agree, our laws are too needlessly restrictive.
I'm a south Aussie too. Yeah there are still nice ones around but come on. I remember late night back in 2012 i saw a nice dragon style one on ebay and phoned a cop station to make sure it was ok, i'm not gonna get in shit lol.

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 12:34 am

Sounds like it was me, and yes DOOMguy's left hand has spiked knuckles. And yes, it's used when you run out of ammo, and yes it's the obvious inspiration. Look closer

or see this

As for other games which inspired their arsenal, after DOOM you have Duke Nukem 3D and Blood. They often pretend as if it was only DOOM despite the quote "It's gonna be like the LA Riots, the Oklahoma bombing, WW2, Vietnam, Duke, and Doom all mixed together."

The pipe bombs and propane bombs were out of Duke Nukem 3D. The (attempted) napalm launcher and the gas cans were out of Blood. I'm still not sure where "crickets" come from, or if it was just shop class or whatever, but I doubt it.  In Wolfenstein 3D you carry a knife.  Also true for non-weapons. Eric's "Berserk" - his weed pipe, a DOOM reference, he lights with a zippo lighter - from Blood. The Berserk in the game makes your punches temporarily deadly so you needn't use your ammo. It also makes the screen red - you "see red" like in a rage, or like your eyes get red after toking.

In fact, it seems to me like Dylan was bomb technician and/or the bigger Duke Nukem 3D fan, while Eric was gun-man and/or the bigger DOOM fan. There's much to say, but for one, consider how Dylan is more lovesick, and Duke gets the girls, rather than DOOMguy where it's just him against the world.  I suspect Dylan nuked his harddrive because the game-level map of Columbine was in Duke rather than DOOM. His Salem Cross also from Duke.

They also played a lot of Quake. The "missions" were a "Quake clan" (and the "mission sites" around the neighborhood were made in Duke Nukem 3D). However it's hard to see influence from it outside of using nails as shrapnel. If I squint I can make Dylan's toss on the surveillance mimic Quake's Ogre.

QuestionMark, TheNeuroSurge, ANOMIC, vril, tellecat and buffalobill91 like this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 10:06 pm

The real question is where he acquired it from. The guns are all accounted for but I don't think anyone has ever put together where their knives came from.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 2:38 am

QuestionMark wrote:
The real question is where he acquired it from. The guns are all accounted for but I don't think Preanyone has ever put together where their knives came from.
The gun show had knives too and pretty sure that's where the Cobra-knife is from and why they mention it's a "show-piece". I wonder if the Khyber knife Eric had was influenced by Indiana Jones.

QuestionMark and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dylan's warrior spiked knife   dylan's warrior spiked knife Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dylan's warrior spiked knife
Page 1 of 1