Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?

Go down 
+4
Juicy Jazzy
em81
Mj2beat
fatlittleparasite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97827
Forum Reputation : 4

Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Empty
PostSubject: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Apparently Mike Judge got a letter from a girl who survived Columbine saying that a particular episode of King of the Hill, which came out two weeks after the shooting, helped her finally break down and grieve. She was having a hard time of it because she decided that if she survived the shooting, she would tell her friend she was in love with him. Then she found out her friend was one of the people responsible. Here's the quote from Judge:

“I don't get as much fan mail as an actor or singer would, but when I get a letter 99% of the time it's pointing out something that really had an impact. Like after 'My Own Private Rodeo' all these people wrote to me and said Dale's dad inspired them to come out. And this was when it was still illegal to be gay in Texas and a few other states. Another one that really stuck with me was this girl who survived Columbine. See, "Wings of the Dope," the episode where Luanne's boyfriend comes back as an angel, aired two weeks after the shooting. About a month after that, I got a letter from a girl who was there and hid somewhere in the school when it was all going on. She said the first thing she was gonna do if she survived was tell a friend of hers she was in love with him. She never did. He ended up being one of the kids responsible for it. So you can imagine how - you know, to her, it felt wrong to grieve almost, and she bottled it up. But she saw that episode and Buckley walking away at the end and something just let her finally break down and greive and miss the guy. I remember she quoted Luanne - 'I wonder if he's guardianing some other girl,' or something along that line, because she never had the guts to tell the kid. That really gets to people at Comic Con.”

Shall we speculate on who this could be? I know it's probably impossible to come up with the truth of it, but I wondered if anyone had looked into this at all.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95204
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 am

I remember read this before but is kind of strange and I dont know if believe it at all. If this is true and there was a girl in love with one of them, then its really sad how everything ended up for her and I wonder if she would make a difference.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 am

Robyn Anderson had a crush on Dylan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 am

Fuck, scratch that, I don't think Robyn was in the school.
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 2:17 am

Could it have been Susan DeWitt, maybe?
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101374
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 am

no, it can not be susan dewitt because she was out of school. she said eric knew that at this time she would not be in school.

maybe it was marla foust? only speculation, sorry
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98669
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:39 am

I think it was Devon Adams, she possibly had a crush on Dylan.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:57 pm

don´t think she had a crush on Dylan because at this time she was the girlfriend of Zack Heckler. Devon was only a friend of Dylan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Guess we should check police interviews with their friends and make a list of girls they knew. I'd do that now but I got some stuff to do today...
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 pm

you should know that i made a list in the past with all girls of Columbine. 1000 girls!!! I collected information about the girls like if they knew them, where did they knew them and what they said about them. i wanted to know who the girl was which Dylan wrote the love letter. but i don´t have the list anymore, only a list of girl which knew Dylan, went with him in a class.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:23 pm

not to fortget it could be katie thompson... this was a girl who Eric liked. but her mother didn´t want that they go out because eric was much more older than her daughter. but i didn´t check if she was at school in that time. maybe someone can check this.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102512
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 7:30 pm

A bit of information on the above mentioned females:

Robyn Anderson - Left the school for lunch. When she returned to the school she was stopped by a cop who told her and her friends to stay in the car.  
Susan DeWitt - Is on the list of 'students and faculty not on location' on 4/20. She stated that it was her habit to go home for lunch and return to school at 11:45.  pg(6198)
Devon Adams - Said she was leaving the school on 4/20 and heard a bomb go off. pg(10618)
Marla Foust - Was in Math class when she was told about the shooting and heard shots. Was told to leave. pg(1409-10)
Katie Thompson - After the shooting started she ran out of the school and into the parking lot. She is included in the 'Outside Witnesses.' pg(1221)

After the shooting a CHS teacher claimed Marla and Katie wrote fond letters of the shooters and she believed they may have had "a freshman crush." pg(1575)

I'm sure some of you have probably seen this recently posted on Reddit. There is a poster claiming they know the girl who wrote to Mike Judge and that the letter was about Dylan.

I'm not going to say the Reddit poster is not telling the truth, but  personally i'm just not sure i  believe the accuracy of the post for a couple of reasons. But maybe that's just my skeptical side.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is what was written on Reddit:
Quote :
Not gonna share how I know her, but I know the girl who wrote this - and no, it wasn't Martha or Marsha or whoever the people on Tumblr guessed. Anyway, she told me this story about eight months or so ago and didn't reveal who he was to me until the end.
This letter was about Dylan Klebold. They weren't super-close, but he was always nice to her - smart and funny too. She says he had a really cute offbeat sense of humor. They had classes together and would talk, and would always greet each other in the halls - sometimes with hugs. She described him to me as "John Smith's [from Pocahontas] cuter, taller, dorkier little brother." Anyway, she had a crush on him for over a year and when the shooting was going on, I can't remember where she hid, but she wrote a note right then and there she was going to give to him describing everything she liked - his blue eyes, his laugh, his intelligence, etc., finishing with those three little words we all choke on the first few times.
Then, she saw the news. She was destroyed, but decided to try to deliver the note the only way she could. She told her mom that she had a crush on one of the kids who had died and her mom went with her to the memorial. She walked to the cross, touched it, and whispered "I love you...I'm sorry." Her mom asked what was she doing, freaked out and they had what she said was probably the quietest shouting match ever. She left the note at his cross despite her mother being disgusted and angry. (I want to note that the crosses for Klebold and Harris had just as many notes and things left on them, although people who left things there would sometimes face abuse and threats from other mourners.)
Once she knew who the mystery boy had been, the girl's mother didn't want to hear anything about him. She told her she should be happy he was dead and not to grieve for him because he didn't deserve it. This is despite her having known she had a crush on him before the shooting and having been supportive then - she acted like this even after she connected that it was the same boy. So not only was it general public opinion, but the girl's own mother basically told her she was wrong for feeling sad.
Ironically, her mother also helped her grieve. Two weeks later, she told her daughter to tape King Of The Hill for her (this was in the days of VHS) because she had to work and couldn't be home to watch it. The girl usually didn't watch it but she saw the commercial with the angel and felt like it was a sign, almost. When she watched it, something just hit her. There were so many little scenes in it - she mentioned to me about Luanne asking where Buckley was; she said it made her wonder about the afterlife and where Dylan was, and then the comment about Buckley "guardianin' another girl" - if Dylan was somehow on Earth as a ghost, he wouldn't know to visit her because she never told him she loved him. These little moments added up and Buckley putting the halo on was the straw that broke her floodgates.
She still has the VHS with just this episode on it, just labeled "ANGEL," and she keeps it with her other keepsakes on a shelf in her house. I asked her about it when I visited and she told me what I just told you, complete with a few tears and a wistful tone when she described him.

IF there is any truth to this post, then there are a few details that would help narrow down the search as to who the girl was.

There are a couple of posts here about E/D and girls which also may help narrow down the search:

The section on E/D and girls here may also be useful, however many of these girls talk about how they did not want to date either of the boys, and if they did they were not CHS students:
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 pm

I did not see that on reddit! I did see a lot of people touting Cullen's book, though. Rolling Eyes

Thank you for the links, queenfarooq.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:23 am

fatlittleparasite wrote:
I did not see that on reddit! I did see a lot of people touting Cullen's book, though. Rolling Eyes

Thank you for the links, queenfarooq.

I post on an Australian football website and there is a crime board in which Columbine was discussed. And I shit you not, almost everyone in the thread was commenting on how wonderful Cullen's book was. I wanted to pull my hair out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:54 pm

About the E/D and girls link , I'll quote something I saw and I keep seeing that I don't get :

"I agree that Dylan was far too shy so never kissed a girl.  Simply being alone with a girl he liked probably was too intense for him to handle."

Or people saying he was "painfully shy". I don't think me and anyone else has the same notion of shyness. Why? Check Car Wax commercial. You hear (faintly) Dylan talking/laughing with a girl in the background (When I dont know who says "Dylan shut up"). If THAT is shy then I must be emotionally retarded because joking and laughing loudly with the opposite sex (while being called extremely shy) casually does not come anywhere NEAR shyness, even the mild kind.

I'm gonna go a bit off-topic here I guess but I'm here on this site often and read threads and get reminded constantly about things. Another thing, Michelle Hartshbough-something-something. He HIT her at work . Now he could've just pushed her a little but that doesn't constitute hitting to me. That ain't painfully shy. I'm kind of angry that people lie or exaggerate . To me he either bitchslapped or punched Michelle in the face , THAT is hitting. Again, him acting that way towards a female no matter how bitchy she was doesn't make him shy. Heck, I don't think they even knew eachother deeply.

I know the Car Wax is with friends and acquaintances but my good god damn lord "painfully shy" or "extremely shy" (Taken out of their mouths/interviews) means he can barely open his mouth near any female (maybe not the ogre-looking ones) . Maybe i'm just screwed in that regard. See things differently.

Sorry I had to get it out here but I kinda have a memory problem and would forget. And whenever I remember it , it bugs me alot.

Edit: I know this may not be the place but I cannot get this off my mind : Dylan wanted a girl. Yes, a specific one (even worse, ey) but he could've tried to go for Robyn. Was this whole Robyn crush invented? I never heard her say anything about liking him. Am I wrong?

I find myself very... upset, that he didn't give Robyn a chance. Of course, I do not know even 1% of the events of his life but I try to work with what I'm given. I sympathize with Dylan on the love part I guess, but it makes me rip my hair out when he cries for companionship yet "friendzones" (and I'm stating that lightly) Robyn. You take what you can get , then move on to what you really want. This basically reduced my sympathy to almost zero for him on that subject. Heck, she even played Doom for God's sake. IT's not like she was a trendy queen or popular girl that he hated so much .

If I'd be given the ability to ask Dylan two questions one would of course be

1. WHO WAS THE BIATCH?!
and
2. *Fly in, punch him in the face , approach his face in slow motion and whisper* : " No tears only dreams now". Kidding . IT would be "Why wasn't Robyn good enough for you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Magnaphoria wrote:

If I'd be given the ability to ask Dylan two questions one would of course be

1. WHO WAS THE BIATCH?!
and
2. *Fly in, punch him in the face , approach his face in slow motion and whisper* : " No tears only dreams now". Kidding . IT would be "Why wasn't Robyn good enough for you?"
That's exactly what I'm thinking. cheers But knowing teenage boys, he probably thought she was "too chubby" or he just didn't have feelings for her in the first place.
You can't really force yourself to like someone in that way if you're not interested.

Last edited by Lananas on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:39 pm

One of the most 'dangerous' things one like us can do is judge things through our perspective.
"Hey , why didn't he do THAT? I would've surely done it!" , kind of like that. It makes answers almost impossible to guess or find. But that's human nature.

Even if there are thousands of pages written on them. We still know so little.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 5:15 pm

About Robyn: she only said they were friends. but his friends said that she had a crush on him and that dylan didn´t feel comfortable with that.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90124
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 8:18 pm

I wish I could ask Dylan about the whole Robyn situation too. And ask/talk about a lot of other stuff.

I can't say the other thing I'd ask here. Let's just say if he agreed to it, we would require several hours alone and a soft surface. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 9:22 pm

I think that Robyn could had a crush on Dylan, but the mystery is if he knew something or not and if she felt on what we call now "friendzone" because then is also possible that the girl who wrote the note is Robyn. Too bad that we dont know much about her and her friendship with Dylan because it would tell us something.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:20 pm

@Mj2beat The only reason I don't think it was Robyn is because the girl who wrote the letter hid somewhere in the school and was planning to tell him "if she survived," meaning she knew there was a shooting going on. Robyn was in her car and couldn't get into the school to know what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 4:36 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
@Mj2beat The only reason I don't think it was Robyn is because the girl who wrote the letter hid somewhere in the school and was planning to tell him "if she survived," meaning she knew there was a shooting going on. Robyn was in her car and couldn't get into the school to know what was going on.

You are right, I totally forgot about it. It couldnt be Robyn.

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102897
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:49 am

Marla Foust was not a Freshman. She was a sophomore at the time of the shooting

And we're all almost certain that was the girl Dylan liked. Anagram fit her name...she hung out a lot with the TCM and her name was "unique"
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:16 am

I can say (if it is true what the person wrote me) that the girl was in a class with Dylan and that´s for more than one semester. I know also two classes they shared together.

PS: Dylan wrote about more than one girl. maybe marla was one of this girl, but we will never know if it is really true. i think the girl with the unique girl was another than the girl with the anagram.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:27 am

lol wrote:
Marla Foust was not a Freshman. She was a sophomore at the time of the shooting

And we're all almost certain that was the girl Dylan liked. Anagram fit her name...she hung out a lot with the TCM and her name was "unique"

Didn't she say she had a crush on him after the shooting?
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 pm

she didn´t say that she had a crush on him. she prom. and that he asked her out for prom. after she wrote essay and wrote nice things about him. the teacher thought that she had a crush on him.
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 99627
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing was probably made up by someone like Brenda Parker?
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 am

maninthebox wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing was probably made up by someone like Brenda Parker?

marla or the girl who stated she was in love with dylan? or both?
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 am

em81 wrote:

marla or the girl who stated she was in love with dylan? or both?
The girl with the letter. I don't know it just seems so cheesy to me, especially the guarding other girl quote.. just sounds like something a fan could make up. Of course I could be wrong, we never know anything for sure with Columbine.

I think Marla is a very probable candidate for one of his crushes, because he asked her to the prom. I don't think he would just ask anybody.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:14 am

i don´t understand why he asked (if it is true) because he said he didn´t want to go to prom.
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 1:53 pm

I assume it's true cause they knew each other quite well, so I don't think she would lie. I'm Guessing asking her to the prom means that he liked her, cause I can't think of another reason why else he'd do it when he hated the prom and was ready to die so soon. But again, who knows..
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 pm

"Guardianin' some other girl" was a direct quote from the show that the letter referenced.
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 7:34 am

WendlaBergman wrote:
"Guardianin' some other girl" was a direct quote from the show that the letter referenced.
I know. Of course it's possible that there was a friend who was really secretly in love. In that case grieving him would bevery  difficult and it's a very sad story. It's just that cases like that seem to attract a high number of unstable people, like Brenda or the older man who claimed that Dylan told him about his gay fantasies or something like that.  I was surprised that people on this thread seemed to believe the story
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 3:45 pm

I am not 100% sure if i could believe the story, but i wrote the person who wrote about the girl on reddit.

it´s the same thing with the whole marla story. how she believe that devon was dylans exgirlfriend... lol.
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 4:08 pm

em81 wrote:
I am not 100% sure if i could believe the story, but i wrote the person who wrote about the girl on reddit.

it´s the same thing with the whole marla story. how she believe that devon was dylans exgirlfriend... lol.
Did they (s)he seem genuine to you?
Did Marla say that in her police interview? Yeah, i mean, who knows, maybe she was lying too..
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:08 pm

she seemed to be genuine to me and could tell me why she knows her and how the girl knows Dylan. If it is a fake, than it is someone who know much about Columbine and is obsessed with it like i do.

yes, she said this in the police interview. i think she knew him, but not pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?   Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?
Page 1 of 1