Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary

Go down 
+17
boringguy
Jenn
Fatheroftwo
paradisedreams
Duskstareblazeithappypone
WendlaBergman
radaddio
lol
Gonz
Sabratha
Falco
Nirvana92
Draw_It_White
browneyes11
PaintItBlack
philosopher_king
Juicy Jazzy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
I’m Not Ashamed: The Rachel Joy Scott Story – On April 20th, 1999 at Columbine High School, two teenage boys entered their high school with guns and homemade bombs planning to kill hundreds of their classmates. They would murder 12 students and 1 teacher before turning their guns on themselves.

The first student that died was Rachel Joy Scott. She was eating lunch in the courtyard outside when she was shot and multiple times. The killers knew Rachel. They were in classes together and Rachel had shared her faith in Jesus with them. Moments before her death, they mocked her, “Do you still believe in your God?” With a gun at her head she replied, “You know that I do.”

I’m Not Ashamed is Rachel’s story from her own words. Drawn directly from her writings, we discover the hope in this tragedy. We find the story of a student who showed radical compassion to the hurting and unnoticed. It’s the true story of a girl who was not ashamed to share her love for Jesus to those around her, even to her killers.

Turns out the long rumoured movie based on Rachel's life was actually true, and it's being released in a years time. They created a kickstarter for it a couple of weeks ago, but have announced recently that thanks to some very generous private backers, they are able to go forward with its release.
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101372
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Not sure why parts of Zero Day were used for the promotion video.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 9:22 pm

I look forward to seeing this but I'm unsure of its accuracy. Her Father said in the first year or so after the shooting that two of Rachel's friends had told him that Rachel had spoke to E &D 2 weeks before the shooting about Jesus and these friends overhead the conversation but that is all that's known publicly about it.I am not sure if that  really happened or not. It is also unknown whether she was asked anything by E &D the day she was killed. I won't rule it out  completely but with her injuries I am not sure how likely that is either.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 9:36 pm

philosopher_king wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was just used for the kickstarter trailer. I doubt that footage will be in the actual movie.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84669
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Have Rachel Scott's journals been made public?

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 2:53 am

browneyes11 wrote:
Have Rachel Scott's journals been made public?
Some of them have been made public, but not all. Obviously it's a diary, which contains very sensitive and personal thoughts, so it's understandable that not all the pages have been published. Plus I think some pages didn't fit the Christian agenda her parents sometimes aim for with her, so they were left out completely. In the book Rachel's Tears, several pieces of information are mentioned in the book which do not correlate with anything released by the Scott's, which implies that these pages have not been released to the public. For example, in a chapter which describes temptation, Rachel was supposed to have written a journal entry which described her urge to have sex with her boyfriend, but nothing was released or scanned from her journal which showed this.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 5:24 am

Did that guy next to Rachel's mum have one arm?
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 4:26 pm

I hope this movie is an accurate telling and not a sensationalized attention getter. I'm tired of the "Do you believe in God?" Story continuing to misinform people. I'm almost certain its been proven false for both Cassie and Rachel. I know the general public needs a hook to get them interested, but after the acceptance of Cullen's book by the media it seem like its ok to sensationalize and out right LIE about columbine. Plus I feel like the "anti-Christian" motive that is continued to be put forth over shadows the very real issues both boys had with mental illness. That's not to say I'm not happy this movie is getting made. Rachel was a very smart and unique girl for both someone of her faith and her age. She and everyone else killed that day deserves to be remembered just as much as E and D.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86682
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
I hope this movie is an accurate telling and not a sensationalized attention getter. I'm tired of the "Do you believe in God?" Story continuing to misinform people. I'm almost certain its been proven false for both Cassie and Rachel. I know the general public needs a hook to get them interested, but after the acceptance of Cullen's book by the media it seem like its ok to sensationalize and out right LIE about columbine. Plus I feel like the "anti-Christian" motive that is continued to be put forth over shadows the very real issues both boys had with mental illness. That's not to say I'm not happy this movie is getting made. Rachel was a very smart and unique girl for both someone of her faith and her age. She and everyone else killed that day deserves to be remembered just as much as E and D.

Couldn't agree more with all of what you said. I hope this movie doesn't become a dramatization of her life.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:22 pm

I would like to see an accurate film of all of the victims lives including E &D, but I don't look for that to ever happen. Besides E &D ,the lives of Rachel and Cassie contain the most dramatic material.
Films have to have angles and hooks to get a wide viewership interested . Lauren's story has already been told in "Dawn Anna" to an extent. I am not sure if her story will ever be told on film more fully.
While each of the victims was an important, special person in their own way, a lot of them lead ordinary lives up until this events and a lot of people outside the interest in the subject probably wouldn't find it interesting to watch.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:25 pm

I am quite surprised they haven't made a proper non-trashy film yet. Maybe the topic has kinda wafted from the eye of the public and only brought up when a mass shooting occurs.

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 6:42 am

I think it migth up yet another "Do you believe in god?" centered film which will not go along with teh established facts.

The only person that was verified to have ben asked taht question was val Shnurr, who as we all know answered both yes and no and overall tried her best to confuse the hel out of the shooters and stay alive. This she did succeed in and imho this remains one of the great untold survivr stories of Columbine.

Eric Harris wrote:
When it doubt confuse the crap out of the enemy.
She really did beat E&D with their own weapon.

I'd much more pefer to see a film based on Vals story, than some glorified christian flick that skirts around facts to deliver the moral point they desire to tell.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85015
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:31 am

Sorry, but I think this movie is gonna suck so bad…

Quote :
Rachel was a Christian - a “Jesus freak” to her fellow classmates. Her outspoken status as a witness for Christ gave her an unfortunate distinction: of the 13 victims that day, her name was the only one the killers had talked about in their murderous preparation – she was targeted because of her faith.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All this bulls#!t again, please…
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:26 am

Yeah, no.

More bullshit religion propaganda and the old tiresome BS 'Do you believe in god?' that most people at this point should know its bs.

I will not be watching this crap.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83440
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:53 am

Man, that sucks. It wasn't even Rachel Scott that they were talking about in the tapes.

Also, you all have made a good point; Why hasn't a movie been made about this event? We had one about the Manson murders less than ten years after it happened. I think part of it might be that kids tend to be off limits when it comes to real life events. Scenes where children are murdered will typically garner an "R" rating in the theaters under most circumstances.

Oh well, at least we'll always have "Duck! Massacre at Carbine High" : )
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:22 pm

radaddio wrote:
Man, that sucks. It wasn't even Rachel Scott that they were talking about in the tapes.

Also, you all have made a good point; Why hasn't a movie been made about this event? We had one about the Manson murders less than ten years after it happened. I think part of it might be that kids tend to be off limits when it comes to real life events. Scenes where children are murdered will typically garner an "R" rating in the theaters under most circumstances.

Oh well, at least we'll always have "Duck! Massacre at Carbine High" : )

We did have in a way. "Elephant", "Zero Day". Hell, even our own "Bullet Time" film.

I do not think anyone wanted to make a feature film specifically about E&D (other than a documentary) because you wouldn't be allowed to shoot the film in or around CHS and its hard to find a match for such a distinct looking building. Plus you would have issues when it comes to depicting living people IIRC.

Also the fact that the shooterswrote taht "directors will b fighing for this story" i precisely what keeps said directors away imho.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 9:23 pm

I don't think Schnurr did anything out of a conscious idea of confusing E &D .
She changed her answer to Dylan 3 or 4 times. She basically said what she said out of pure fear .
She said in an interview that when she gave her final answer of "Yes. Because my parents brought me up that way." she said it because she thought she would die for sure and didn't want to die deny denying God. She was once a fundamental Christian but I don't think she is anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

Sabratha wrote:
I think it migth up yet another "Do you believe in god?" centered film which will not go along with teh established facts.

The only person that was verified to have ben asked taht question was val Shnurr, who as we all know answered both yes and no and overall tried her best to confuse the hel out of the shooters and stay alive. This she did succeed in and imho this remains one of the great untold survivr stories of Columbine.

Eric Harris wrote:
When it doubt confuse the crap out of the enemy.
She really did beat E&D with their own weapon.

I'd much more pefer to see a film based on Vals story, than some glorified christian flick that skirts around facts to deliver the moral point they desire to tell.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 12:19 am

I'm attempting to write a screenplay about two ghost boys heavily based on Eric and Dylan but it's more a trashy, kitschy project with a teenage "The Fault In Our Stars"-vibe.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 12:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , Sound interesting, I would love to read when you are done, if you want to share it that is.

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:35 am

@Falculous, I'm hoping to get the regular story version published! Smile
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Oh awesome!

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:34 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
I don't think Schnurr did anything out of a conscious idea of confusing E &D .
She changed her answer to Dylan 3 or 4 times. She basically said what she said out of pure fear.

She said in an interview that when she gave her final answer of "Yes. Because my parents brought me up that way." she said it because she thought she would die for sure and didn't want to die deny denying God. She was once a fundamental Christian but I don't think she is anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but if I wanted to confuse a shooter (not knowing what his ideological stance is), I'd do exactly what Val did. Say various things, watch for the shooters facial reactions and if all else fails try to deflect the whole thing to something else. Saying: "That's what my parents taught me to believe" is just such a deflection, it basiclaly means:"Don't kill me, I don't care abotu this whole crap, I just did it because my parents had me do it!".

I would find it a very odd coincidence, if a panic-stricken, wounded girl came up with all this very rational and efficient reaction based on pure fear alone. That's too suspicious of a coincidence in my book and I'm no conspiracy nut.

Also: if I had a fundamentalist "born-again" christian background from Littleton and survived columbine, I'd be telling it the way Val is. I'd say that "I was first confused but later decided not to die defying God". That is just the type of interpretation religious people would find acceptable from someone who they know said both "yes, no" and then was trying to deflect the whole thing as just a part of her upbringing.

So perhaps it was much more deliberate than Val later makes it up to be. It would make perfect sense, especially given her christian background.

Maybe its me reading stuff into this whole thing, but I think me and Val Schnurr have more in common than it may seem.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:16 am

Interesting. Apparently the movie makers tracked down Rachel's car, and are allowed to use it during filming. That's the very same car which was covered in flowers and tributes after she was shot dead.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:51 am

Interesting. I still wonder if they are gonna have the highly dubious "Do you believe in god?" thing in the film. I hope not, but my gut instinct tells me otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 7:57 am

I hope they do not, it would really make me change my opinion about the film

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 8:34 am

philosopher_king wrote:
Just noticed it, fails to make sense. Also the "trailer" makes it imho pretty clear taht they will have the whole "Believe in God" thing in. So yeah.

Go watch "Bullet Time" instead ;)

Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 8:05 am

WTF? I cannot stop laughing at these pics from the movie set:

For more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:20 am

I think they did a great job finding an actor that could play Nick. He looks just like him! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 80635

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 am

I'm all for a movie regarding columbine and even one of it's victims, But this 'She said yes' B.S and all the myths Cullen has created are really beginning to irritate me.
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84436

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 12:48 pm

IMO. I think most of us have seen 'believe in god' story as something fictional for such a long time. That it'll probably be easy to see it like that in the movie, also. That's if it's actually included. But i'm sure it will be. Because Beth and that guy in the announcement video made it clear from the beginning that the movie will be heavily Christian/religious based.

Another thing I found kinda ..odd? Understandably odd? Is seeing that Craig posted on his public Facebook, that he'll have no part in making this movie. Which he posted not too long after it was announced by his Mom. I do see him slowly trying to move on from the daily reminders? By deciding to leave Rachel's Challenge, last year, and focusing more on his own website and more bullying related things.

Side Note: Beth's sad eyes and expression throughout the entire video breaks my heart.

Last edited by paradisedreams on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Oh and another thing with the actor who plays Nick. I wonder if the real Nick being freshly out of the James Holmes jury has anything to do with casting a character who looks nothing like him?? Idk. Just another pointless theory.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83288

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Duskstareblazeithappypone wrote:
I'm all for a movie regarding columbine and even one of it's victims, But this 'She said yes' B.S and all the myths Cullen has created are really beginning to irritate me.

Agree with ya. Hollywood/revisionist history flick at it's best.. unless we want cannon fodder critique material, best we all stay away from this one.

Zero chance I watch this ever. I'm all for a feel good movie, but this is an event that has it's place in history & shouldn't be glossed with dream stories.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 1:22 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:

Interesting. Apparently the movie makers tracked down Rachel's car, and are allowed to use it during filming. That's the very same car which was covered in flowers and tributes after she was shot dead.

Holy crap! I''m surprised one of the murderabilia ghouls didn't grab this up! Where was it hiding?
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 8:10 pm

radaddio wrote:
Holy crap! I''m surprised one of the murderabilia ghouls didn't grab this up! Where was it hiding?
Not sure where it was hiding, in one of the books released by the Scotts they claimed the car was donated to a Christian charity because they couldn't stand to look at the thing anymore, as it reminded them too much of what happened on April 20.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Is the VIN number in the 11K? I know that others have tracked E/D cars that way. I was under the impression that they had it until recently.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:28 pm

I have heard this for years but never had a source.
I think I have all the books by the Scotts but I must have missed this information in them.
Do you remember which one it was?
Thank you.

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
radaddio wrote:
Not sure where it was hiding, in one of the books released by the Scotts they claimed the car was donated to a Christian charity because they couldn't stand to look at the thing anymore, as it reminded them too much of what happened on April 20.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:19 am

I Will have a look for the numberplate tonight, I don't recall seeing it though through previous browsing.

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 am

Falcolus wrote:
I Will have a look for the numberplate tonight, I don't recall seeing it though through previous browsing.

Quote :
Her maroon Acura Legend, Colorado license H1H9703, was still parked in the lot Wednesday afternoon, and her friends covered it with flowers and ribbons.

Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:01 pm

It looks like the Robertson (Duck Dynasty) family has ties to this. Man, they're gonna most likely turn this into another trash "Hollywood but not really" type of biopic movie. Full of more unnecessary & false scenes. Even if the family involved in it, their say in a lot of how they want it to be portrayed will be pushed aside. Especially when it's time to edit.

No longer looking forward to this at all. They should've done it like Rachel's theater friend, Andrew, did with his 2009 April Shower's movie. Independent and he had full control of everything. Which is why it's one of my favorites.

Not going to let this change how I see Rachel, either. I always think of the quote from Nick Baumgart the day of her funeral. "Rachel would absolutely kick our butts if she saw us making such a big deal over her."
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:31 am

Yesterday, they filmed Rachel's death scene.
Check out the movie's E &D:

The movie's Rachel:

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:40 am

If the pictures don't work,
just go here:

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:48 am

The movie will indeed portray Rachel as having been asked about her faith in God, then executed for her faith.
Her family still believes that very strongly, they are heavily involved with the film. Her Mom has been on the set.
While I would prefer that the movie be 100% accurate and not portray something, especially related to her death, that probably didn't happen, the movie has been in the works for 7 long years.
This is our only chance for a movie about Rachel. There is little chance that another one will ever be made.
Unless it turns out truly horrible. I would rather have an imperfect movie about Rachel than none at all, even if it does spread the martyr myth.
So I plan on seeing it.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:59 am

Yeah I can see Rachel's sister Dana has liked a few comments on the FB page.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:40 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
The movie will indeed portray Rachel as having been asked about her faith in God, then executed for her faith.
I saw that coming.

With all the different religious hysteria, repeated misattribution of this quote and Castaldo changing his versions every now and then, I'm not at all convinced this indeed occured. Suspect

Not gonna judge it before seeing it, but so far my gut instincts are telling me not to get my hopes up.

Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:50 am

I just hope this movie to flop big time. Unlike PaintItBlack, I'd prefer no movie at all rather than a "Columbine Christian martyrs: The Movie".

They could have done the film without the "she said yes" death scene if all they wanted was to make a movie telling how kind, nice, good christian and better than everyone else Rachel was, I mean, there was no need to ruin the movie's "credibility" by portraying that myth.

I actually think Rachel was a nice girl, but I really despise what her family is doing with her legacy.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:50 am

I've changed my av for some time regrading this issue. I think Rachel needs to be remembered for who he was, not for who other people make her up to be.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Sabratha wrote:
I've changed my av for some time regrading this issue. I think Rachel needs to be remembered for who he was, not for who other people make her up to be.

The bodies of Dylan and Eric are not allowed as avatars and neither are the rest of the victims. Your avatar has been removed. Please refrain from using any of the victims deceased photos as avatars on this forum. Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Jenn wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

The bodies of Dylan and Eric are not allowed as avatars and neither are the rest of the victims. Your avatar has been removed. Please refrain from using any of the victims deceased photos as avatars on this forum. Thank you.

Sure thing, will do. Will try to come up with something entirely non controversial. Hope this is better, its supposed to be an in-joke.

Back to top Go down
boringguy

boringguy

Contribution Points : 82710
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 9:35 am

"The director of the movie was quoted as saying “All of the ‘Duck Dynasty’ people, they’re really incredible."

"Sadie Robertson, 17, was offered the lead role of Rachel Scott, but according to Mr. Howard, she didn’t feel up to the challenge. She instead accepted the smaller role of Rachel Scott’s cousin."

"Sadie is also acting in “God’s Not Dead 2: He’s Surely Alive."

“Rachel gave her life for her faith. But, oh man, it’s something that’s tough to talk about. However, it’s something that all teens need to realize and recognize because they need to know if they’re going to go all in or not.”

Oh great, more christian propaganda. They will stop at no costs to further their "war on Christianity" agenda. There is no evidence to support that Eric and Dylan really asked Rachel if she believed in god. They need to stop spreading this. This is like what happened with Cassie Bernall. Although in Rachel's case, it is even more clear that Eric And Dylan didn't say anything.

If they just wanted to make an honest documentary about Rachel, I would gladly support it. I have been hoping for one to be made. But the fact that they are trying to spread lies about how she died to make it seem like Christians are under attack makes me hope this movie never gets funded. It is so disrespectful to her.

Last edited by boringguy on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:30 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 10:08 am

I think Rachel is a good example of a Christian but the whole dramatizing ordeal is really not cool, I hope they one day make a realistic and accurate documentary/movie about her.

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next