Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary

Go down 
+17
boringguy
Jenn
Fatheroftwo
paradisedreams
Duskstareblazeithappypone
WendlaBergman
radaddio
lol
Gonz
Sabratha
Falco
Nirvana92
Draw_It_White
browneyes11
PaintItBlack
philosopher_king
Juicy Jazzy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98919
Forum Reputation : 21

Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Someone should make a movie based on Eric and Dylan. Starts off with how they met, ends with them pulling into the parking lot at 11am on April 20, 1999.
Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 86016
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 2:26 pm

radaddio wrote:
Is the VIN number in the 11K? I know that others have tracked E/D cars that way. I was under the impression that they had it until recently.

I _know_ I saw Eric's Prelude's VIN on the police/impound yard paperwork after the 1-30-98 van incident... it was a scanned copy of the document (they had seized and towed his car that night, this obviously generates paperwork) but when I looked for it years later (last year and again this year) I couldn't manage to find it again.

I want that car... unless the price is insane, I'd like to get it from whoever has it.

Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 86016

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 2:30 pm

(Although I must say the nicest vehicle by far of anyone involved was John Tomlin's '86 stepside short box C10... just doesn't have anywhere near the same memorabilia value as a E&D car.)
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 11:51 pm

Check out April Showers if you want to watch another film based on Rachel. The movie is a retelling of Columbine through the eyes of Andrew Robinson, with character names changed and school name changed etc. If you don't remember who Andrew is, he was the student who wrote and directed the last play Rachel was in.
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84786

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:32 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Check out April Showers if you want to watch another film based on Rachel. The movie is a retelling of Columbine through the eyes of Andrew Robinson, with character names changed and school name changed etc. If you don't remember who Andrew is, he was the student who wrote and directed the last play Rachel was in.

Gonna go off topic for a second.

Do you have any idea who the main male character is supposed to be based on? People say maybe it's Brooks. But I don't think there's ever been any indication of him having any romantic feelings towards her. Just them becoming good friends really fast. The only other people that we know of who were in that play were Nick and obviously Andrew. I also think I read somewhere that Rachel attended the post 'The Smoke in the Room' celebration about 3 hours before she was killed. (spoiler alert) And in the movie, Sean's last conversation with April ends in a negative way in the auditorium the morning of the shooting. I know Andrew said it wasn't meant to be a Columbine movie. But there are tons of ironic similarities..
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96941
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm almost positive the main character is supposed to be Andrew.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90374

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:02 am

I would love to see a movie made about Cassie Bernall's life without the "She Said Yes" myth. Her story is inspiring enough without the myth.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 4:24 am

First trailer is out.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101624
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 4:57 am

i have nothing against a movie about rachel scott, but it is not true that eric or dylan asked her if she believed in god. this is something that annoy me. she didn´t die because of her faith, she died because she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Back to top Go down
John Denver

Contribution Points : 81416

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:52 am

What a horrible trailer. E/D are ridiculously demonized and Rachel is... What is the opposite of demonizing? Ugh. Painted as a perfect angel.

What a black-and-white, overly Christian and a cheesy Hollywood take on Columbine - as we expected.

And dishonest since it is commonly accepted that Rachel wasn't asked anything. Most likely she was the only victim of Columbine (besides maybe Daniel Rohrbough and Kyle Velasquez) who didn't even realize what was happening and didn't realize it was a school shooting.

I have nothing against Rachel, I believe she tried to be a good person, but what her family has done to her legacy, how they keep lying about her death, how they use her to sell their agenda... I'd much rather watch a movie made about Daniel Mauser or Dave Sanders or even Cassie (if they promise not to put the question in it).
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 7:08 am

John Denver wrote:
What a horrible trailer. E/D are ridiculously demonized and Rachel is... What is the opposite of demonizing? Ugh. Painted as a perfect angel.

What a black-and-white, overly Christian and a cheesy Hollywood take on Columbine - as we expected.

And dishonest since it is commonly accepted that Rachel wasn't asked anything. Most likely she was the only victim of Columbine (besides maybe Daniel Rohrbough and Kyle Velasquez) who didn't even realize what was happening and didn't realize it was a school shooting.

I have nothing against Rachel, I believe she tried to be a good person, but what her family has done to her legacy, how they keep lying about her death, how they use her to sell their agenda... I'd much rather watch a movie made about Daniel Mauser or Dave Sanders or even Cassie (if they promise not to put the question in it).
Treat it as fiction, like an alternate reality of what happened.
Back to top Go down
John Denver

Contribution Points : 81416

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:

Treat it as fiction, like an alternate reality of what happened.

I try to, but it irritates me so much how the general public is being given disinformation about Columbine - not only in the days after but also over ten years later! With Dave Cullen's book, now with this film... Ugh.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:22 pm

After thinking about it for a while I have changed my mind on the film.
I'd love to see a movie of Rachel's life but I feel it's a very negative thing if her death or her life is depicted falsely.
I doubt the movie will go far in theaters but may go direct to dvd.
Since it's release on dvd is inevitable ,
I will end up seeing it but am no longer looking forward to it that much.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 2:49 am

Heaps of people who were at Columbine that day are condemning the movie. Just had a look on a few FB profiles, nearly all of them are urging others to sign the petition to stop its production. But it has more to do with the movie glorifying the shooters than it is about being nonfactual.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98138
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 6:49 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Heaps of people who were at Columbine that day are condemning the movie. Just had a look on a few FB profiles, nearly all of them are urging others to sign the petition to stop its production. But it has more to do with the movie glorifying the shooters than it is about being nonfactual.

Hate to sound harsh, but that alone isn't unusual. With almost every film (ther than total fiction) you always have groups who launch petitions to stop it because it is "glorifying someone", "demonizing someone", "not paying proper homage to", "will incite this-and-that"... Really won't be surprised if the producers ignore it, becuase most producers of films get these sort of issues often because of trivial reasons.

I just hope that enough fuss is made that non-evangelical movie critics will learn that the fil doesn't get the facts right and will in turn mention it in their reviews.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 80111
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 8:48 pm

I always found it strange that people such as Bundy, Gacy, Ramirez and Dahmer are often posted on horror movie blogs or talked about and people find them interesting and even make movies about them, even comedy ones ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) and yet the victims of these tragedies don't seem to backlash, and if you talk about Eric and Dylan people look at you like you are nuts and tell you how messed up they were, yet these serial killers killed much more, in much more deranged ways and they are an accepted topic to talk about and that's always really confused me..

In 2007 YouTube went on a spree of deleting all videos to do with Eric and Dylan, but they would leave tributes up for serial killers. I've also seen music videos on TV with one of the singers with a Manson or Gacy shirt on and people accept it, but if it was Eric's face there would be a shitstorm. It makes no sense to me.. Heck I saw a tote bag with art of Gacy and a quote under it in a market and when I was at a convention someone was dressed in his clown costume with a guy who was Charles Manson, people laughed and took photos.. it would be completely different if they were dressed as Dylan Klebold, they would have been kicked out of the building.

So I think that's why we will never get an accurate CHS movie about Eric and Dylan, it's apparently a much more sensitive topic compared to movies they make about real-life men who tortured people for hours, killed 30+ people and even molested children..
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90374

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 pm

CharlesWhitman wrote:
I always found it strange that people such as Bundy, Gacy, Ramirez and Dahmer are often posted on horror movie blogs or talked about and people find them interesting and even make movies about them, even comedy ones ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) and yet the victims of these tragedies don't seem to backlash, and if you talk about Eric and Dylan people look at you like you are nuts and tell you how messed up they were, yet these serial killers killed much more, in much more deranged ways and they are an accepted topic to talk about and that's always really confused me..

In 2007 YouTube went on a spree of deleting all videos to do with Eric and Dylan, but they would leave tributes up for serial killers. I've also seen music videos on TV with one of the singers with a Manson or Gacy shirt on and people accept it, but if it was Eric's face there would be a shitstorm. It makes no sense to me.. Heck I saw a tote bag with art of Gacy and a quote under it in a market and when I was at a convention someone was dressed in his clown costume with a guy who was Charles Manson, people laughed and took photos.. it would be completely different if they were dressed as Dylan Klebold, they would have been kicked out of the building.

So I think that's why we will never get an accurate CHS movie about Eric and Dylan, it's apparently a much more sensitive topic compared to movies they make about real-life men who tortured people for hours, killed 30+ people and even molested children..

This post just now made me realize all this. Pretty f*cked up double standard, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Here is  something from the film:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On one hand the film seems promising in the sense that it portrays Rachel as having had a full, rich life which it seems that she truly did have.

On the other hand her death scene seems awful as I don't believe that she died in such a way.
It doesn't seem accurate to me. The actor playing Dylan doesn't seem to speak or move like him but I doubt the filmmakers were too concerned with portraying the nuances of E &D's characters correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary   Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie based on Rachel Scott to be released on 17th anniversary
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2