Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 103272
Forum Reputation : 325

Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Empty
PostSubject: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Or am I forgetting? Brooks said multiple times the windshield accident happened around Feb '98. This doesn't sound right. Eric wouldn't be at the bus stop at this point. He got his license May '97...end of 10th grade. Dylan got his license Oct '97...beginning of junior year

I believe even Wayne Harris speaks of the incidents with Brooks in Feb '97, not' 98.

But then another thing occured to me. How did he know about the rebel missions? He stopped talking to Eric in 10th grade, and finally started talking to him 2 years later In99 second semester.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119283
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 1:00 pm

It would have to have been in 1997 because the beginning of Wayne's journal starts in February and then half way through switches to January, 1998.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Brooks was intentionally lying. He tried to make it seem like he was closer to Eric and Dylan than he in reality was. If Brooks had been honest about the large gaps in between interactions with Eric, he would seem less reliable in the book. Or at least less of an insider. His big ego came into play once again.

Another lie is Dylan supposedly giving him the link to Eric's website in 1998. In reality it was Aaron Brown who reported the website anonymously back in 1997.
Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Whaaattt. That last paragraph is very interesting. I had no idea. Where did you find this?

I always thought it was Dylan who informed Brooks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:04 pm

It's in Tim Krabbe's book. IIRC, Aaron walked into the police station and asked to stay anonymous. He reported the website. Krabbe wonders aloud why Dylan would point towards a website in 1998, that the Browns already had knowledge of back in 97'. It doesn't make sense. Either Brooks is lying\sensationalizing or he has the dates all wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:12 pm

The document is in the "Browns VS Jeffco" PDF file.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 85144
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:23 pm

MegaloX wrote:

Another lie is Dylan supposedly giving him the link to Eric's website in 1998. In reality it was Aaron Brown who reported the website anonymously back in 1997.

affraid Are you serious?! WOW....really just WOW.

Damn, you know while I was reading Brooks' book I kind of felt like he was up playing his friendship with both E/D
And I always wondered why the hell would Dylan alert Brooks to the threats against him?
Especially since there was information on the website that also incriminated Dylan. That never made since to me.

Now I know why.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Yeah, I had never heard of this either until I read Krabbe's book. The document does exist. It must be pretty obscure info, however. No one in particular alerted them to the site probably. Eric operated it at least since 1996 and I suspect most of his friends knew of it, including Brooks. He or Aaron just stumbled upon it one day.

Lol, I know what you are talking about! Like them sitting at Perkins talking about and making fun of each other's favorite bands, with Dylan defending KMFDM and Rammstein... If Brooks had really been close with Dylan the last 2 years of his life he would know that NIN and Chemical Brothers were his favorites. Sounds like BS...
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:58 pm

GAWD! I want to read Krabbe's book so bad! They need to translate it or I need to brush up on my Deutsch.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99044
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Brooks has always been a bit of a compulsive liar, it is sometimes hard to trust what he says. He did an AMA on Reddit a few years ago and claimed he was at Dylan's funeral, which contradicts what he wrote in his own book!
Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Damn it Brooks...come on man...you have to be more reliable than that hack Cullen.

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90499

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:53 pm

I didn't know Brooks wasn't at Dylan's funeral! I thought Devon had said at some point that she wished she had gone "with Brooks" to Dylan's funeral?
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 1:55 pm

He states in his book that he chose to go to Rachel Scott's funeral instead of Dylan's

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?   Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was this a mistake in Brooks Brown' book?
Page 1 of 1