Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:51 pm

I don't think i've ever seen a non-pixely version of the first dragging of Rachel's body, & Richard laying on the bumper just after his rescue. You can almost make out their faces.

Edit: I'm guessing the original gif that I posted yesterday was too big of a file for it to play correctly on forums. So, it's no longer showing up. Here's the exact same gif but it'll just open in another tab. I apologize.

Warning: Graphic Photo:

Last edited by paradisedreams on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Also, i'm pretty sure you can see the left temple wound. But it could just be her hair.

Warning: Graphic photo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:03 am

Where did you get this from? Is there more frames? Also is the second photo just a duplicate of the first, because the first does not show up for me.

Dataverse

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:02 am

The only footage I've seen of a deceased Rachel Scott would be in this YouTube video:

Warning: Graphic Video:

But anyways, nice find. Are there any more pictures showing other victims? Say, Richard Castaldo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:04 am

Dataverse wrote:
The only footage I've seen of a deceased Rachel Scott would be in this YouTube video:

But anyways, nice find. Are there any more pictures showing other victims? Say, Richard Castaldo?

No, it was actually just a short clip from a video ABC news uploaded to youtube last October. Here's the link if you're interested.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:09 am

Falcolus wrote:
Where did you get this from? Is there more frames? Also is the second photo just a duplicate of the first, because the first does not show up for me.
Oh, it's a gif. It's no longer showing up for me now either? Weird. It's most likely because of the file size. I'll try and make it smaller & replace it for you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:09 pm

paradisedreams wrote:
Falcolus wrote:
Oh, it's a gif. It's no longer showing up for me now either? Weird. It's most likely because of the file size. I'll try and make it smaller & replace it for you guys.

The link works fine. Quite clear footage though, although I am intrigued to know if there is more footage from the same camera? If that makes any sense.

paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Falcolus wrote:
paradisedreams wrote:
Falcolus wrote:

The link works fine. Quite clear footage though, although I am intrigued to know if there is more footage from the same camera? If that makes any sense.
There has to be. I would think the video quality of that short clip is (or somewhat close) to what most of the news footage showed live on the day of the shooting. While most of us have only seen the bad quality news clips and aerial footage that was uploaded by some very patient people during the dial-up internet era that was the 90's/early 2000s. I guess it's always a good idea to watch those few newer Columbine related segments that the major news channels upload to their websites & Youtube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 am

Ahh I just saw the Video posted a wee bit above, clears afew things up. I think I might see if ABC has a source for that video.

fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Morbid question/observation: why was there no blood smeared as they were dragging her across the ground?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:25 am

fatlittleparasite wrote:
Morbid question/observation: why was there no blood smeared as they were dragging her across the ground?
I've always wondered about that, too. There has been speculations to whether or not she was already dead before the shot to her temple. Which would mean her heart had stopped beating prior to that supposed fatal shot. & could explain the lack of heavy bleeding. But I think I read somewhere that one of the swat team members said that he felt helpless when she was laying on the grass next to the fire truck. It was something along the lines of "The young girl was not only obviously deceased, but she was bleeding everywhere."  She was also pulled by her arms, laying in a semi upright position, both times. So, who knows! These are the questions that I kinda wish we had the answers to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:02 am

Why exactly did they move the body in the first place? If she was obviously dead why didn't they just leave her there?

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:47 am

Just noticed this. If you zoom in you can see one of Richards wounds as he lays on the bumper. :/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:07 am

In the 11k there are some photos of shell casings that were from that little gravel area by the wall. There was a fair amount of blood on the ground, although they were very close up pictures so who knows how much there would of really been.

In an interview IIRC the SWAT team member who dragged her did explain why, I remember thinking it was a valid reason, but I can't remember it. If he had not changed he position then there might of been helicopter footage of her laying there.

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm sure everyone's seen these before, but I'll go ahead and post them anyway:

I downloaded them years ago ... from where, God knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:31 pm

Okay, I have found and uploaded a two-minute clip with live news footage of Rachel's body being dragged.

(I downloaded this clip many years ago - from where, I don't know. I have a lot of stuff on my hard drives, but most if not nearly all of it has been widely seen.)

The dragging part starts around 1:13.

Unfortunately, the camera veered away toward the parking lot and swung back toward the fire truck as Rachel was already being dragged. The quality is not any better than anything we've seen before, but it is interesting to see how it was covered live on TV.

Also, this is kind of a dumb thing to point out, but at 0:25, if you look in the lower-left corner, you can see a well-dressed woman (a teacher?) almost tripping and pulling off her high-heeled shoes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
I'm sure everyone's seen these before, but I'll go ahead and post them anyway:

I downloaded them years ago ... from where, God knows.

Thanks for these. I don't think i've ever seen them that close up before. Ugh, you can just tell by the way he's laying (even if he was moved a few times) that he never knew what hit him before he hit the pavement. Which is obviously a good thing. Sad This question is slightly off topic, I guess. But I don't think I ever heard or seen a sketch showing where Sean and Lance fell before they were rescued? I know it's obviously in that surrounding area..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cezar

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Here's one:

Last edited by tfsa47090 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : HAD TO REMOVE DIRECT TUMBLR LINK AND ADD SPOILER FOR GRAPHIC PHOTO)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Cezar wrote:
Here's one:

Warning:

There has to be footage of this somewhere. I have a picture saved of the same girl, but she's closer and is actually looking down at the body. :/

Last edited by tfsa47090 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : HAD TO HIDE GRAPHIC PHOTO)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 pm

They use the front on footage in the documentary 'Game Over in Littleton'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Lt. Phelan stated in his report that they were not SURE that Rachel was dead, that is why they went back to get her - page 008461

Back to top Go down
View user profile
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Falcolus wrote:

I found this high quality pic before the last move

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lodka

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:44 pm

I really find weird the way they just drag her, like she was some kind of bag or something. As Falcolus said before it seems they had a good reason for that, but still it's kind awkward. I can only imagine what Brooks Browns's father thought of it, considering his criticism to the work of the police both prior to the shooting and during it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Lodka wrote:
I really find weird the way they just drag her, like she was some kind of bag or something. As Falcolus said before it seems they had a good reason for that, but still it's kind awkward. I can only imagine what Brooks Browns's father thought of it, considering his criticism to the work of the police both prior to the shooting and during it.

Its really not that weird. I get that some see it as disrespectful, but Rachel was definitely dead by that point. Those officers put themselves at risk simply by retrieving her body. Soldiers will drag their dead comrades bodies when in the middle of a war zone. Ultimately getting them out takes precedent over how they are retrieved. Also I think they moved her so kids who escaped wouldn't have to see her laying dead. It may seem cold and harsh, but it was done with the best of intentions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1