Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?

Go down 
+5
Fatheroftwo
Gustopoet2
eli27
lol
lio45
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lio45

Contribution Points : 85641
Forum Reputation : 0

Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 11:55 pm

On the cafeteria surveillance tapes...?

I've seen it said more than once that appear and are "clearly visible" on the tapes after the janitor re-started the recording, but I could never distinguish them clearly with the before and after. Does anyone have, say, hints about how to spot which table, and which of the four alternating views is the best? (and how many of the four views show them)

Basically, any info that would help me (and probably others) see them...

Smile

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102772
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 12:49 am

Not to hijack your thread, but how...in the hell did 500 students not see Eric and Dylan bring in a damn Duffel bag? How did none of their friends (who were in the cafeteria) did not see them come in with the duffel bags?

It just completely baffles me.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83582
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 4:01 am

lol wrote:
Not to hijack your thread, but how...in the hell did 500 students not see Eric and Dylan bring in a damn Duffel bag? How did none of their friends (who were in the cafeteria) did not see them come in with the duffel bags?

It just completely baffles me.

They probably just didn't think twice since all the sports kids etc. must have needed to bring big bags to school all the time.

Contribution Points : 102772
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 8:19 am

Its not that. Its more like NO ONE saw Eric or Dylan inside the cafeteria, or leaving the cafeteria

500 kids and not one saw them in the cafeteria. They must be damn ninjas.
Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 11:00 am

It really supports what the boys have said though: no one cared about them in the slightest. They could have well not existed for the entirety of Colorado's population except for a few select people. No one ever paid attention or even just looked at them, except on those moments when it was time to find a target to bully.

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82290
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 11:34 am

lol wrote:
Its not that. Its more like NO ONE saw Eric or Dylan inside the cafeteria, or leaving the cafeteria

People might have seen them and just paid them no attention because they were nobodies.

Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lol wrote:

People might have seen them and just paid them no attention because they were nobodies.

Yep. One of the reasons that contributed to making them want to walk in there and place these big, weird duffel bags containing bombs was that they knew they COULD walk in there and place these big, weird duffel bags containing bombs and NO ONE (out of ~500 people) would show the slightest hint of having noticed the pair's existence.

A more popular individual would likely have been stopped by others saying wazzup bro a couple times, and someone might have asked WTF he was doing with those big duffel bags, especially if trying to drop the bags somewhere then leave... "dude, what are you doing?"

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 12:51 pm

lio45 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:
lol wrote:

Yep. One of the reasons that contributed to making them want to walk in there and place these big, weird duffel bags containing bombs was that they knew they COULD walk in there and place these big, weird duffel bags containing bombs and NO ONE (out of ~500 people) would show the slightest hint of having noticed the pair's existence.

A more popular individual would likely have been stopped by others saying wazzup bro a couple times, and someone might have asked WTF he was doing with those big duffel bags, especially if trying to drop the bags somewhere then leave... "dude, what are you doing?"

Yeah, plus they carried bags around all the time, particularly for video shoots etc.

If they would have walked in and said "Hey Jocks, we just planted a propane bomb under your table!!!" They probably would have just got pelted with candy and ketchup and everyone would've just laughed. Until the gas-cans ignited anyway...

Even after they started shooting and killing people -- it took a couple of minutes before anyone believed it. They thought it was a class-project or a senior prank.

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Whats the best source that maps & details their steps on 4/20?
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Try this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 1:26 pm

lio45 wrote:
It really supports what the boys have said though: no one cared about them in the slightest. They could have well not existed for the entirety of Colorado's population except for a few select people. No one ever paid attention or even just looked at them, except on those moments when it was time to find a target to bully.

Yep.

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83582
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 2:52 pm

lol wrote:

I think it is. Tied with what Gustopoet said about them being nobodies.

Contribution Points : 81618

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 3:02 pm

It is weird that they were not seen at all. There are witness reports of them in other places but not in the cafeteria lugging heavy bags in. I'm sure on a normal day that wouldn't have been remembered at all but this wasn't normal obviously. Shortly afterwards those same guys were shooting at them. I would think that would enhance the chances that someone would remember just glancing around and seeing them.
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84411

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 4:15 pm

These are also the same kids who barely turned their heads to close and continuous gun fire for over 2 minutes. Not trying to sound like a complete smartass. But I would guess they saw those bags as being normal and usual placements, or maybe even apart of some type of senior prank? As we know most people thought the gunshots were. Good question, though. We've never had much insight on that situation.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 4:33 pm

paradisedreams wrote:
These are also the same kids who barely turned their heads to close and continuous gun fire for over 2 minutes. Not trying to sound like a complete smartass.

You don't sound that way at all. It's a very good point. The kids on the "inside" of CHS (those who weren't considered "losers") had a sense of being entitled and protected. In the run up to NBK they definitely were entitled and protected by the school admin so any kind of tragedy was only supposed to happen to other people.

Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84411

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
paradisedreams wrote:
These are also the same kids who barely turned their heads to close and continuous gun fire for over 2 minutes. Not trying to sound like a complete smartass.

You don't sound that way at all. It's a very good point. The kids on the "inside" of CHS (those who weren't considered "losers") had a sense of being entitled and protected. In the run up to NBK they definitely were entitled and protected by the school admin so any kind of tragedy was only supposed to happen to other people.

Exactly. Watching the cafeteria footage (in retrospect) knowing who is being murdered and injured right outside at that exact moment, & then you look at everyone, inside, sitting and continuing with what they were doing. It took Dave Sanders realizing and alerting everyone for anyone to make any sudden movements. It's truly a miracle there were no fatalities inside the cafeteria itself. I just wish Dave had the chance to know that was all because of him. Sad
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 5:38 pm

paradisedreams wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:
paradisedreams wrote:

Exactly. Watching the cafeteria footage (in retrospect) knowing who is being murdered and injured right outside at that exact moment, & then you look at everyone, inside, sitting and continuing with what they were doing. It took Dave Sanders realizing and alerting everyone for anyone to make any sudden movements. It's truly a miracle there were no fatalities inside the cafeteria itself. I just wish Dave had the chance to know that was all because of him. Sad

True that.

Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 6:47 pm

So, I'm guessing that the lack of reply to the initial post means you're all like me on that one?

The bags were approximately in the middle of the cafeteria, right? (i.e. pretty far away from every one of the four corner cameras, and with tables in the way.)

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Sorry lio45 -- if I understand your original question correctly, my answer would be try watching when Dylan hits them with a  Molotov @ 0:27

They should be right by the support pillar:

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Them being nobodies is not a good explanation because in the 11k there are dozens of people listed as their friends and dozens more who know them by name and sight.

The reason they were not seen is because they planted the bombs as lunch was beginning. At the time they brought in the bombs, everyone was either quickly going into the lunch room themselves or leaving to get lunch off campus. When people are walking to and from somewhere they don't stop to look around. Tons of people left backpacks, gym bags, instruments, etc. in the cafeteria, so that would not be unusual either.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:47 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Them being nobodies is not a good explanation because in the 11k there are dozens of people listed as their friends and dozens more who know them by name and sight.

The reason they were not seen is because they planted the bombs as lunch was beginning. At the time they brought in the bombs, everyone was either quickly going into the lunch room themselves or leaving to get lunch off campus.  When people are walking to and from somewhere they don't stop to look around.  Tons of people left backpacks, gym bags, instruments, etc. in the cafeteria, so that would not be unusual either.

You can know someone's name and still think of them as a "nobody" and not care what they are doing. They were well-known, yes, well-known as outcasts. @ 2:26

"The reason they were not seen is because they planted the bombs as lunch was beginning."

Sounds plausible.

Back to top Go down
aubre

Contribution Points : 81618

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

The reason they were not seen is because they planted the bombs as lunch was beginning. At the time they brought in the bombs, everyone was either quickly going into the lunch room themselves or leaving to get lunch off campus.  When people are walking to and from somewhere they don't stop to look around.  Tons of people left backpacks, gym bags, instruments, etc. in the cafeteria, so that would not be unusual either.

You can know someone's name and still think of them as a "nobody" and not care what they are doing. They were well-known, yes, well-known as outcasts. @ 2:26

"The reason they were not seen is because they planted the bombs as lunch was beginning."

Sounds plausible.

I don't think you're going to be able to convince this guy they weren't popular. I mean he's read the 11k, don't you know.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:15 am

Gustopoet2 wrote:
Try this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gracias Gusto
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:27 am

De nada, Fatheroftwo.

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:07 am

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

Sounds plausible.

The debate is about whether anyone recognized their faces, not about whether they liked them. You said no one recognized them because they were unknown. I pointed out to you that according to the 11K dozens and maybe hundreds of people knew them by sight.

You are moving the goalposts of the debate from facial recognition to social esteem.

I will repeat my point and stand by it: dozens and maybe hundreds of people recognized Eric's and Dylan's faces, so them being "nobodies" is NOT an explanation for why no one in the cafeteria recognized them that morning. The real reason is that they planted the bombs as lunch was beginning.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:12 am

I've watched the cafeteria video multiple times trying to spot it. Haven't spotted it yet. The FBI might have been able to see it when they enhanced it. I'm sure there was lots of "zooming" in on the photo when they went over it too. Even then I'd have my doubts that even they were able to see it clearly.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:30 am

lasttrain wrote:

I will repeat my point and stand by it: dozens and maybe hundreds of people recognized Eric's and Dylan's faces, so them being "nobodies" is NOT an explanation for why no one in the cafeteria recognized them that morning.  The real reason is that they planted the bombs as lunch was beginning.

OK, lasttrain -- I concede the point. As I said, it sounds plausible. No-one saw them because it was as lunch was beginning. I still maintain that if people had spotted them and recognized them, they wouldn't have cared what they were doing because they were nobodies.

If "dozens and maybe hundreds of people recognized Eric's and Dylan's faces" does that work the other way around, as well? Did they know most of their classmates, they being so popular and all?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?   Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did anyone ever manage to spot the duffel bags?
Page 1 of 1