Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric and Dylan had balls

Go down 
+7
browneyes11
Gustopoet2
lasttrain
WendlaBergman
Sabratha
WhereHateRunsRed
LPorter101
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151510
Forum Reputation : 2754

Eric and Dylan had balls Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:24 pm

NOTE (2015-08-04): I DO NOT, NEVER HAVE, and NEVER WILL condone any of their actions on 4/20 in any way, shape, or form.

Maybe we don't give them enough credit for this ... but, however evil it might be to murder other people, it does take balls to shoot and murder other living, breathing human beings in cold blood, and then to blow your fucking brains out.

Doesn't it?

There are times when I hate myself, the world, and everyone in it ... but I lack the requisite balls to do anything about it. Like Eric said, sometimes I wish I were a sociopath, so I could strangle certain people that I know to death and then off myself.

So, Eric and Dylan, if nothing else, you had the gonads to put your money where your mouths were. Good for you.

Last edited by LPorter101 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 82104
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:24 am

Feeling low Lporter?
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:30 am

WhereHateRunsRed wrote:
Feeling low Lporter?

Rough night...

But now I've had some chocolate-chip-cookie-dough ice cream, so I feel better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 82104

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 3:54 am

Haha that will always do the trick.

In all fairness i cant speak for everyone here but i find thats why i still hold an interest in Columbine, i think theres a lot to identify with E&D and looking into what they did can be somewhat cathartic
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97917
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:10 am

Yeah man, doesn't sound like the type of post you usually make. I started to think your account got hijacked.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 am

Sabratha wrote:
Yeah man, doesn't sound like the type of post you usually make. I started to think your account got hijacked.

No, it was me in a bad mood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:20 am

By the way, I meant to write "strangle," not "strange" ... that's why I edited the post.

I don't think there's a poster here who never feels that he or she can relate to Eric and Dylan's anger and alienation on some level...

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:25 am

I don't relate to their alienation at all. I can't say I relate to anger in a big way either, though I share some of Eric's comments about society making people just mindless cogs in a steam press. And I do share some of his dissatisfaction with that and still being just aniother brick in the wall.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:26 am

Sabratha wrote:
I don't relate to their alienation at all. I can't say I relate to anger in a big way either, though I share some of Eric's comments about society making people just mindless cogs in a steam press. And I do share some of his dissatisfaction with that and still being just aniother brick in the wall.

Well, that's kind of what I meant by alienation ... you feel apart from society, as if you're not happy to be doing the same thing that everyone else is doing.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:27 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Well, that's kind of what I meant by alienation ... you feel apart from society, as if you're not happy to be doing the same thing that everyone else is doing.

Ah ok, I thought you meant alienation in the snese of being an outcast, loner and the other stereotypical TCM crap etc.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:47 am

Sabratha wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Ah ok, I thought you meant alienation in the snese of being an outcast, loner and the other stereotypical TCM crap etc.

Ah, you know me better than that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90274

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 12:30 am

I feel bad for them that they saw no other way out.
Please note: Your comment has been removed by Jenn for inappropriate content. Any future posts of this nature will result in your account being permanently banned.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102463
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:44 am

Shooting at people who can't shoot back does not require "balls." In fact it's the definition of cowardice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:12 am

lasttrain wrote:
Shooting at people who can't shoot back does not require "balls." In fact it's the definition of cowardice.
Not to mention that shooting people is probably impersonal; it's not like stabbing or strangling or anything up close. You just pull the trigger and they're dead.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 1:01 pm

lasttrain wrote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I was in a bad mood, lasttrain. When you're in a bad mood, you think things that you don't think when you're in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82565
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Lananas wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
Not to mention that shooting people is probably impersonal; it's not like stabbing or strangling or anything up close. You just pull the trigger and they're dead.

It's more fun to shoot people up close, tho. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84919

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 3:36 pm

I don't know if "balls" is the word I would use.

I can't believe they had the NERVE to do it. I couldn't do something like that even if I was as filled with rage as E/D. Whether its stabbing, strangling, or shooting someone; E/D still watched those people die and I would never have the nerve to do such a thing.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 85123

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 5:26 pm

The act itself is cowardly like most acts of violence are whether it's September 11th, gang violence etc.. but you need a set of balls to actually pull the trigger or carry out a deadly plan.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
Lananas wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

No.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82565
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Lananas wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:
Lananas wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

No.

Just a joke....

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 1:15 am

I couldn't disagree more.
Taking a life or lives is a terrible, tragic thing but I think it takes a certain nerve and resolve to kill others and /or yourself. To me anyone willing to give up their own life is by definition, not a coward.
In every murder, the person is either ambushed or overcome somehow.I just do not understand the "every murderer is a coward" idea that most people seem to agree with. Look at how Bill Maher was fired by ABC just for saying the 911 hijackers weren't cowards.

lasttrain wrote:
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83857
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:23 am

I wouldn't say they were particularly couragious, but actually murdering someone takes some fucking nerve. I don't think that going on a shooting is cowardly, I just disagree with the way they did it and who the chose to kill.

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:36 am

There's nothing cowardly or brave about shooting people. You just pick up a gun, aim and pull teh trigger.

It doesn't requirew any qualities as far as cowardice/bravery is concerned.

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 102149
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 8:41 am

They had the ability to back out all the way until the first volley of bullets they let loose. Up until that point they could have backed out and chose not to do it. I think once the first shots were fired it was "We came this far might as well finish it".

The first couple trigger pulls might have been the hardest to do but as with anything it just becomes "normal" after a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 am

deathmedic wrote:
They had the ability to back out all the way until the first volley of bullets they let loose. Up until that point they could have backed out and chose not to do it. I think once the first shots were fired it was "We came this far might as well finish it".

The first couple trigger pulls might have been the hardest to do but as with anything it just becomes "normal" after a bit.

Very true, though I don't think they found it very hard.

They started shooting very quickly after the planned "detonation time". There was certainly no prolongged discussion or hesitation.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 8:07 pm

You know, sometimes I think that Eric and Dylan were nothing more than two guys who were sick and tired of following dumb laws made up by folks who were dumber than they were. (Or so they thought - lots of kids think they're always the smartest guys in the room.)

There are always laws that one must follow, lest one be cast aside and/or castigated. Even on this board, there are laws - some laid out directly (don't post Tumblr links) and some implicit (write in English).

But the more you think about things, the dumber the laws seem. Think about all the silly rules in English - why do we say "went" instead of "goed"? Even little kids know that "goed" makes more sense - they have to be taught to say something that makes no goddamn sense at all.

(Well, at one time, "to wend" meant "to go" ... but how many folks know that? Not many. Most follow the rule because "That's the way it is.")

And even the rules that aren't dumb are wholly arbitrary - we call trees trees because, a thousand years ago, some fucker looked at a tree and said, "That's a tree," and others said, "Yeah, I guess it is." But why should I give two hoots about what that fucker thought?

I think this is what Eric was driving at when he wrote this:

Eric Harris wrote:
how come, If im free, I cant deprive a stupid fucking dumbshit from his possessions If he leaves then sitting in the front seat of his fucking van out in plain sight and in the middle fucking nowhere on a Fri fucking day night.

We know why the Bible says "Thou shalt not steal" ... if everyone went around stealing everything, society would be wrecked. But I feel Eric's frustration ... when you don't have a lot of money, and you see that someone has something that you don't, then you stop caring whether or not it's right or wrong.

There was a time when I didn't have enough money to eat breakfast in the morning ... I was getting one meal a day. So I began going to hotels that served breakfast and helped myself to their free food. For a while, I was happy - I was getting food, and I was getting away with something.

But then one day I got caught. I talked my way past the front desk and I got the hell out of there, and I never did it again.

The only thing that keeps me from stealing is fear.

Eric Harris wrote:
same thing with all those rich snotty toadies at my school. fuckers think they are higher than me and everyone else with all their $ just because they were born into it? Ich denk NEIN

We often hear that life isn't fair ... but that doesn't make us feel any better about it. We see a lucky fuckhead and we think, "Why him and not me? Does he deserve it more than I do? Does God like him more than he likes me?"

Now, Eric had a better life than most kids - or even most folks, period - in this world ... but he knew lots of kids who had it a lot better than he had. So it was hard for him not to feel sad, angry, and unfulfilled.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 8:22 pm

But, then again, maybe Eric didn't go far enough.

He wrote in his journal, "Why the fuck can't I get any?" He didn't understand why girls didn't want to sleep with him. He wanted to know what he was doing wrong.

But what he should have asked was, "Why the fuck do I feel the need to get any? Why am I a slave to my sex drive?"

You have to follow the natural laws - you have to eat food, drink water, sleep, keep from getting too hot or too cold, and so on. If you're a guy, you get horny a lot, and you try to get laid.

But what's the point? Why bother doing any of those things?

Obviously Eric and Dylan felt that there was no point in being alive. They lived to kill, and to die.

(I don't. Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 5:23 am

LPorter101 wrote:
You know, sometimes I think that Eric and Dylan were nothing more than two guys who were sick and tired of following dumb laws made up by folks who were dumber than they were. (Or so they thought - lots of kids think they're always the smartest guys in the room.)
There's more to it than that, but I think what you said is not a way to put it in one sentence. It was certainly true of Eric.

I elaborated on it here, in some way expressing an opinion very similar to yours:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was more than just a teenager that didn't like his school and shcool rules. Eric explicitly goes on and mentions the same things taht bug him are true of jobs and adult life. In some way, despite a lot of other juvenile nonesense he wrote elsewhere, I think he hit the nail on the head in this case.

I also think there was an emotional component to it too. Very obvious when it comes to Dylan, but it was there in Eric's case too. Langman hits the nail on the head with this one.

I'll post some more info on that once I'm back and have langman's book at hand.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan had balls   Eric and Dylan had balls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric and Dylan had balls
Page 1 of 1