Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sparing Evan Todd

Go down 
+14
Daniel768
spidEr
munchkinphone
Tuga
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Szabo
asloversgo
lio45
LPorter101
eli27
Fatheroftwo
Sabratha
Gustopoet2
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70674
Forum Reputation : 28

Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 1:16 pm

1. I think he liked him

2. I think dylan had enough and was exhausted and just wanted too get too the suicide.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 1:15 am

I don't really think Eric's nose had much to do with it. He continued to taunt and kill people afterwards and doesn't look that bothered by it in cafeteria footage. For whatever specific reason they spared Evan, I don't know, but they were "over it" at that stage and had other things on their minds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Maybe they just didn’t want Evan Todd to become a martyr. If Evan Todd had been killed, everyone would’ve been saying he was innocent, such a nice guy etc, as people do after death. Maybe Dylan thought it would be better to leave him terrified & begging.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60140
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Evan Todd - a jock who walked around thinking he can treat everyone the way he can just because of his social status and openly bullied Eric and Dylan...spared by both of them.
Meanwhile Kyle Velasquez a kid who was mentally retarded and just minding his own business..never bothered anyone or went out of his way to degrade or harass people...shot dead in the head by Klebold without hesitation.

For those wondering, this is why the whole they did it because they were bullied vs its because of other reasons gets fuzzy...some of it makes no sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Evan Todd - a jock who walked around thinking he can treat everyone the way he can just because of his social status and openly bullied Eric and Dylan...spared by both of them.
Meanwhile Kyle Velasquez a kid who was mentally retarded and just minding his own business..never bothered anyone or went out of his way to degrade or harass people...shot dead in the head by Klebold without hesitation.

For those wondering, this is why the whole they did it because they were bullied vs its because of other reasons gets fuzzy...some of it makes no sense.

I agree with you on that. Columbine has never made much sense, nor will it ever. Sad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Eric and Dylan were big fans of the film Natural Born Killers; this is widely known. Something I'm not sure a lot of people picked up on is the fact that in the movie, the protagonists, Mickey and Mallory Knox, always make sure to leave a person left alive at the site of their killing sprees, in order to spread the word of their crimes. I think in sparing Evan Todd, Eric and Dylan may have been re-enacting that part of the movie. Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Eric and Dylan were big fans of the film Natural Born Killers; this is widely known. Something I'm not sure a lot of people picked up on is the fact that in the movie, the protagonists, Mickey and Mallory Knox, always make sure to leave a person left alive at the site of their killing sprees, in order to spread the word of their crimes. I think in sparing Evan Todd, Eric and Dylan may have been re-enacting that part of the movie. Just a thought.

or they wanted him to be a main character in the movie they thought tarantino was gonna make on them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 5:09 am

My personal theory is that this was the point of the shooting they started to realize this wasn't at all like Doom. I think at that point when they just walked through the school shooting aimlessly, they had sort of come down from their "high" of killing. They started to process more and more what happened. It hit them in the library when they were leaving and then continued into the halls. That's why they didn't kill more people. It wasn't fun or exciting anymore. That's why they spared Evan Todd.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66290
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 4:54 pm

hvernon wrote:
My personal theory is that this was the point of the shooting they started to realize this wasn't at all like Doom. I think at that point when they just walked through the school shooting aimlessly, they had sort of come down from their "high" of killing. They started to process more and more what happened. It hit them in the library when they were leaving and then continued into the halls. That's why they didn't kill more people. It wasn't fun or exciting anymore. That's why they spared Evan Todd.

I think that, too. No sound effects, you can't re-lode an infinite amount of times without getting tired, the monsters don't just disappear or stop making sounds, they're living people, neighbors and peers, who cry and beg for mercy. I think Eric was disappointed, and got bored of doing it. Dylan probably had no reason to not kill him, and for killing him, and went with what took the least bit of energi and time so they could get to the suicide part.

I think thats also why they planed to shoot at them from a distance, more doom like and its all about accuracy, not having the stomach to kill someone at close range.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 5:45 pm

23september wrote:
hvernon wrote:

I think that, too. No sound effects, you can't re-lode an infinite amount of times without getting tired, the monsters don't just disappear or stop making sounds, they're living people, neighbors and peers, who cry and beg for mercy. I think Eric was disappointed, and got bored of doing it. Dylan probably had no reason to not kill him, and for killing him, and went with what took the least bit of energi and time so they could get to the suicide part.

I think thats also why they planed to shoot at them from a distance, more doom like and its all about accuracy, not having the stomach to kill someone at close range.

My hearing isn’t the best, So I don’t hear it on the tape .but I remember in a transcript when Val was yelling they had written that Dylan was yelling shut up , shut the fuck up. I was wondering if that was because it was getting to him that he was hurting real people and he couldn’t stand to listen to it anymore?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
My hearing isn’t the best, So I don’t hear it on the tape .but I remember in a transcript when Val was yelling they had written  that Dylan was yelling shut up , shut the fuck up. I was wondering if that was because it was getting to him that he was hurting real people and he couldn’t stand to listen to it anymore?

I think it was likely a mix of annoyance that she was screaming, and reality creeping back in at what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 6:03 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
My hearing isn’t the best, So I don’t hear it on the tape .but I remember in a transcript when Val was yelling they had written  that Dylan was yelling shut up , shut the fuck up. I was wondering if that was because it was getting to him that he was hurting real people and he couldn’t stand to listen to it anymore?

I think it was likely a mix of annoyance that she was screaming, and reality creeping back in at what he was doing.

Probably. Does he yell that though? I might not be hearing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I definitely hear him saying "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" but what is said after that isn't as clear.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 6:18 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I definitely hear him saying "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" but what is said after that isn't as clear.

Thanks. So I’m not going insane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparing Evan Todd
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2