Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone read this article from a psych?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83763
Forum Reputation : 0

Anyone read this article from a psych? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 2:29 am

some interesting thoughts from a child psychologist that has a few skins on the wall.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm

here's additional & more in depth reading from Dr. Langham.. worth a look for sure.

Back to top Go down
aubre

Contribution Points : 82118

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
some interesting thoughts from a child psychologist that has a few skins on the wall.

This article kind of goes along with what I've said about Eric. That all of his so-called reasons for the massacre were just excuses he was using for what he really wanted to do, which was hurt and kill people. I believe Eric had an uncontrollable bloodlust. Not everyone who's sadistic is a psychopath, but there's just no denying that he was sadistic.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:53 pm

aubre wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:

This article kind of goes along with what I've said about Eric. That all of his so-called reasons for the massacre were just excuses he was using for what he really wanted to do, which was hurt and kill people. I believe Eric had an uncontrollable bloodlust. Not everyone who's sadistic is a psychopath, but there's just no denying that he was sadistic.

100% agree.. when I read his stuff re: wanting rape girls & brutally kill a freshman I realized it was a lot deeper than I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
aubre wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:

100% agree..  when I read his stuff re: wanting rape girls & brutally kill a freshman I realized it was a lot deeper than I originally thought.

Yeah and that wasn't for show, he gets into a pretty intense stream of consciousness writing. And he's talking about wanting torture someone who's younger and smaller than him, not one of the jocks, so it wasn't out of anger that he was thinking about doing these things.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 11:17 pm

I've read it a long time ago. Don't agree with his conclusions.
I haven't seen anywhere where Eric spoke of actually wanting to rape someone against their will. That entry is obviously very sexual and I do not want to be crude but Eric writes in this entry of his desire to perform oral sex on the girls he is dreaming about which is not typical rapist behavior.
The rest where he writes about torturing someone is disturbing but I believe it came out of his sense of powerlessness. He certainly couldn't go torture someone bigger or stronger than him. People that were likely pushing him around or had in the past so I guess it would make sense to fantasize about doing it to someone who couldn't fight back.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
I haven't seen anywhere where Eric spoke of actually wanting to rape someone against their will. That entry is obviously very sexual and I do not want to be crude but Eric writes in this entry of his desire to perform oral sex on the girls he is dreaming about which is not typical rapist behavior.
The rest where he writes about torturing someone is disturbing but I believe it came out of his sense of powerlessness. He certainly couldn't go torture someone bigger or stronger than him. People that were likely pushing him around or had in the past so I guess it would make sense to fantasize about doing it to someone who couldn't fight back.

About the rape fantasy to be honest, the first time I read I was kinda like meh, whatever, I've heard worse. But it definitely was a rape fantasy, he didn't call himself a "crazy racist rapist" for nothing. Man, that's a tongue twister though, try saying that three times fast.

Anyway, you can have fantasies about torturing people bigger than you, it's your fantasy so why not. Now could he have been having these thoughts of overpowering people younger and smaller because he felt powerless over the bullies? Sure, but it really doesn't make it any less sadistic, IMO
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:39 am

I know Eric called himself a crazy rapist in that entry but I almost think sometimes that was because he seemed to feel that his sexual desires were abnormal or strange somehow .
I don't think they were. At least not what he publically shared.
They seemed very normal for a pumped full of hormones, frustrated teen.
Maybe the desire for force is there but I am not seeing it.
Yes, it is sadistic. I can't deny that.
I can't agree that this proves his psychopathy though.
When my friend and I were going through our "going down the same path as E &D " phases, we dreamed of doing nasty things to our tormentors and I wouldn't consider us psychopaths then or now.

aubre wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

About the rape fantasy to be honest, the first time I read I was kinda like meh, whatever, I've heard worse. But it definitely was a rape fantasy, he didn't call himself a "crazy racist rapist" for nothing. Man, that's a tongue twister though, try saying that three times fast.

Anyway, you can have fantasies about torturing people bigger than you, it's your fantasy so why not. Now could he have been having these thoughts of overpowering people younger and smaller because he felt powerless over the bullies? Sure, but it really doesn't make it any less sadistic, IMO
Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:03 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I know Eric called himself a crazy rapist in that entry but I almost think sometimes that was because he seemed to feel that his sexual desires were abnormal or strange somehow .
When my friend and I were going through our "going down the same path as E &D " phases, we dreamed of doing nasty things to our tormentors and I wouldn't consider us psychopaths then or now.

aubre wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

His desire for force is definitely there in the words he uses. It could maybe be seen as a desire for rough sex but I really don't think so. Not to mention the song he refers to as being him. It's a brutal fucking song about rape.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:37 am

I actually didn't realize the song Weißes Fleisch  was about rape. I thought it was just about a guy heavily lusting after a girl.That is what it sounded like to me because it said things like "Your white flesh exites me so."

I guess I see as you said in this entry the desire for rough sex with  several girls but I don't see the desire for outright force against the will. Maybe it all depends on how you look at it.

quote="aubre"]
PaintItBlack wrote:

aubre wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

His desire for force is definitely there in the words he uses. It could maybe be seen as a desire for rough sex but I really don't think so. Not to mention the song he refers to as being him. It's a brutal fucking song about rape. [/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:05 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
here's additional & more in depth reading from Dr. Langham..  worth a look for sure.

Read Langman's full book "Why kids kill" and its probably one of the best, if not the best book on school shootings (its not about just Columbine).

Langman gets a few small factual details about E&D life wrong, but his assessment and analysis of their mindsets is nuanced and deep. Certainly the book with best psychological assessment of the shooters.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read this article from a psych?   Anyone read this article from a psych? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone read this article from a psych?
Page 1 of 1