Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School message of the day

Go down 
+4
Falco
Juicy Jazzy
browneyes11
afrrs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
afrrs

afrrs

Contribution Points : 80658
Forum Reputation : 0

School message of the day  Empty
PostSubject: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 2:26 am

Apparently veik was the author , but why did he choose that message ( correct me if im wrong " today it is not a good day to be here " ) ? Did he knew beforehand about the shooting ? If so why he stood quiet and did notthing ? And who was responsible for choosing the message of day at school everyday ? And to be honest i dont think the message was about the wheather at all , like some say .
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 85144

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 3:41 am

I believe it's a reference to 4/20
many people, especially teenagers celebrate by smoking marijuana on that date

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99044
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:00 am

Was reference to the warm weather and the fact that the students were stuck at school.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 87157
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:10 am

I think the warm weather was what it was too, I seem to remember they asked the author why, and he said it was related to something like that.

afrrs

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 3:22 pm

i dont think it was because of wheather , i really believe it was veik or he asked a friends of his and he did .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:47 pm

afrrs wrote:
i dont think it was because of wheather , i really believe it was veik or he asked a friends of his and he did .

Are you saying that Veik knew and didn't warn anybody? Shocked The police investigated and didn't find any evidence that the school measage was anything other than coensidence. Sometimes after a tradedy things like that will seem to be foreknowledge of an event. For example in an episode of Friaser there was a mesage left on an answering machine that mentioned American Airlines flight 11. On 9/11 one of the producers of the show and his wife were on flight 11. It was not foreknowledge of 9/11, but the fact that the producer had been on that flight number many times that was the reasoning behind that flight number being used in the script.
Back to top Go down
afrrs

afrrs

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 6:13 pm

fantasykingdom985 wrote:
afrrs wrote:

Are you saying that Veik knew and didn't warn anybody? Shocked  The police investigated and didn't find any evidence that the school measage was anything other than coensidence. Sometimes after a tradedy things like that will seem to be foreknowledge of an event. For example in an episode of Friaser there was a mesage left on an answering machine that mentioned American Airlines flight 11. On 9/11 one of the producers of the show and his wife were on flight 11. It was not foreknowledge of 9/11, but the fact that the producer had been on that flight number many times that was the reasoning behind that flight number being used in the script.

yes , i think he did have an idea something was on their minds , but without real proof what could he have done ?

E and D , specially eric bragged about everything devious that he did , he was not trying to hide it . Maybe thats why no one saw the signs . He was to obvious in what he did and say , so other folks didnt really took him seriously , specially the parents and older friends of his .

They didnt think eric was planning something .

This happened before he got the weapons , now , after he got them the story is diferent , i think everybody stood quiet and did nothing . Because i believe the parents and other people knew he got the weapons . Because of the times they went to rampart range ( they did if im not mistaken 3 or 4 shooting practices there ) , robyn anderson and other sources . But what can you do ? confront him about the weapons ? eric dad had weapons too , everybody in a place like littleton have weapons , so they ( parents , friends and people that knew eric had purchased firearms ) asked themselves , since i have the " right  to bear arms " , why not him ? he was almost 18 ? right ?

thats what they asked themselves

dont forget about robyn , robyn probably have told someone about the purchase , but in intimate , quiet way to a friend , so few people really knew , but they did knew about the weapons .
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 8:41 am

First of all, the original message was not recorded and people gave slightly different versions of what exactly the message was. I found the: "Wouldn't you rather be somewhere else today?" version the most plausible.

There have been several possible explanations:
1) This was the first day of really good, hot weather after winter. AFAIK there was still some snow the week before.
2) "National Pot Smoking Day" - it was a popular day for kids to skip school, even for those who did not smoke pot.

Veik himself later on said something to this extent - that it was a sort of: "Gee, I'm sure you wish you skipped school on this fine day, like all the other kids did" message.

I'm pretty sure Veik knew nothing about the shooting before it occurred. AFAIK E&D never even warned people like Robyn, Becca Heins, Dykemann or Heckler about it. Veik was an even more distant friend than they were.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
John Denver

Contribution Points : 81541

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Sabratha wrote:
it was a popular day for kids to skip school, even for those who did not smoke pot.

Were there actually students skipping school that day - more than on an average day?

I also wonder if the sunny warm weather played any role that day. Would it have been any different if it had been snowing and colder?
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 1:05 pm

John Denver wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
it was a popular day for kids to skip school, even for those who did not smoke pot.

Were there actually students skipping school that day - more than on an average day?

I also wonder if the sunny warm weather played any role that day. Would it have been any different if it had been snowing and colder?

Oh yes. I've not seen the stats, but it has been mentioned in many places, actual CHS students during interviews mentioned it too. Especially 4/20 date as a skip-school-date favorite. if I recall correct, there are people in the 11k who admitted that they skipped school that day because of the date and denied having any knowledge that anything unusual would happen.

There were also some people who later on said that they understood Veik's message of the day as a 4/20 weed day reference.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82790
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 3:58 pm

afrrs wrote:
fantasykingdom985 wrote:
afrrs wrote:

Are you saying that Veik knew and didn't warn anybody? Shocked  The police investigated and didn't find any evidence that the school measage was anything other than coensidence. Sometimes after a tradedy things like that will seem to be foreknowledge of an event. For example in an episode of Friaser there was a mesage left on an answering machine that mentioned American Airlines flight 11. On 9/11 one of the producers of the show and his wife were on flight 11. It was not foreknowledge of 9/11, but the fact that the producer had been on that flight number many times that was the reasoning behind that flight number being used in the script.

yes , i think he did have an idea something was on their minds , but without real proof what could he have done ?

E and D , specially eric bragged about everything devious that he did , he was not trying to hide it . Maybe thats why no one saw the signs . He was to obvious in what he did and say , so other folks didnt really took him seriously , specially the parents and older friends of his .

They didnt think eric was planning something .

This happened before he got the weapons , now , after he got them the story is diferent , i think everybody stood quiet and did nothing . Because i believe the parents and other people knew he got the weapons . Because of the times they went to rampart range ( they did if im not mistaken 3 or 4 shooting practices there ) , robyn anderson and other sources . But what can you do ? confront him about the weapons ? eric dad had weapons too , everybody in a place like littleton have weapons , so they ( parents , friends and people that knew eric had purchased firearms ) asked themselves , since i have the " right  to bear arms " , why not him ? he was almost 18 ? right ?

thats what they asked themselves

dont forget about robyn , robyn probably have told someone about the purchase , but in intimate , quiet way to a friend , so few people really knew , but they did knew about the weapons .

Interesting points. Especially on the guns. I read somewhere that they actually threatened some jocks with the shotguns and showed them. They probably did the same thing before they had real guns and used pellet guns, (sawed off) bb-guns, and their bottle-rocket guns for intimidation.

I agree that many people probably had an inkling that sometime was going to happen. In the interviews with Chris Morris and others the main feeling that comes through is that no-one believed they'd actually go through with the things they claimed to be planning. I think they told a lot of people they were planning to "blow up the school" and kill everyone and no-one cared because no-one thought they meant anything at all. Just a couple of losers talking crap.

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 84082
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:

I agree that many people probably had an inkling that sometime was going to happen. In the interviews with Chris Morris and others the main feeling that comes through is that no-one believed they'd actually go through with the things they claimed to be planning.  I think they told a lot of people they were planning to "blow up the school" and kill everyone and no-one cared because no-one thought they meant anything at all. Just a couple of losers talking crap.  

Yeah. I'm positive that people really did not believe their threats, and I definitely think that Veik did not know what was going to happen, and that his message was just an innocent comment on the usually 4/20 weed conotations, or perhaps the weather. It seems unfair to put blame on a person for allowing a school massacre to proceed on the basis of speculation over an innocent message. I don't at all see this as a feasible theory. Our post-NBK perspective is very different to that of those who were students at Columbine with E&D and those who knew them. Without the awareness that we have of the reality that school shootings do actually happen, and without having witnessed them on the scale that we have, there is no way that people should have been expected to believe that E&D were not just simply exagerating and fantasing like many teenagers do. We know that people can follow through with their fantasies and threats because of Columbine, and other shootings like Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Dylann Roof and many more. Before these events, people just did not have the experience of seeing shootings like Columbine, and the recognition that it really could happen to know that E&D were doing more than merely expressing their teen angst through empty threats.

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82790
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 4:26 am

Sabratha wrote:
First of all, the original message was not recorded and people gave slightly different versions of what exactly the message was. I found the: "Wouldn't you rather be somewhere else today?" version the most plausible.

There have been several possible explanations:
1) This was the first day of really good, hot weather after winter. AFAIK there was still some snow the week before.
2) "National Pot Smoking Day" - it was a popular day for kids to skip school, even for those who did not smoke pot.

Veik himself later on said something to this extent - that it was a sort of: "Gee, I'm sure you wish you skipped school on this fine day, like all the other kids did" message.

I'm pretty sure Veik knew nothing about the shooting before it occurred. AFAIK E&D never even warned people like Robyn, Becca Heins, Dykemann or Heckler about it. Veik was an even more distant friend than they were.

Yep. There's no way Veik was in on it at all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School message of the day    School message of the day  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School message of the day
Page 1 of 1