Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric feel dissed?

Go down 
+2
Jenn
LPorter101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

Did Eric feel dissed? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric feel dissed?   Did Eric feel dissed? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Every day on the streets of America, boys and/or men die because other boys and/or men near them think that they are being "dissed" - disrespected. There are neighborhoods where, if you look at another guy in the wrong way, he might pull out a gun and shoot you.

Did Eric feel "dissed" by the other kids at Columbine High School? Was he dissed by the bigger boys who shoved him around? Dissed by the kids who never treated him more senior or let the weird-looking Eric kid come along? Dissed by the girls who never called him back and/or made him look like a fool?

Was going NBK the only way he could show the world that you don't diss Eric David Harris and get away with it?

Or was there something else going on?

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric feel dissed?   Did Eric feel dissed? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:07 pm

Nope, that about sums it up. One reason he went NBK was because he had a sense of self entitlement. He felt like he wasn't getting what he deserved and therefore, he threw a tantrum. 'I'll show those fuckers for leaving me out of so many fun things and those girls who never called me back'.

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84644
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric feel dissed?   Did Eric feel dissed? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 12:07 am

I think he most definitely felt dissed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I like how you describe NBK as a tantrum,
though I'm sure Eric would hate that description. He wasn't some bad ass "natural born" killer
He was a just some punk kid who felt disrespected and lashed out at everyone.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric feel dissed?   Did Eric feel dissed? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:36 pm

in short, absolutely.

Sick little sociopath that was going to show everybody & make them pay.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83582
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric feel dissed?   Did Eric feel dissed? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 3:40 pm

That sounds about right (or at least right about a large part of it). He felt dissed and humiliated, and he believed that he deserved better. He wanted to stop this, and show that he was the alpha, whilst seeking revenge on those who he felt had wronged him.

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric feel dissed?   Did Eric feel dissed? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 am

Oh yes I'm he certainly felt disrespected. Though I don't think it was "dissed" in the way the media associate with urban, gang-related and mostly black or latino US males.

I think "underappreciated" would be a better description as far as Eric goes.

One thing that's very obvious from Eric's writings is that he (especially during the last entries of his diary) had gripes with people who were close to him, people he seen as buddies or just good acquintances. I'm not sure who it was specifically, but it were certainly his "buddies" rather than random kids in chs that bumped into him in the corridors or wrote stuff on his locker.

Eric had a sense of entitlement and a high opinion of himself, and it seems to have pissed him to no end when people did not treat him seriously enough, did not invite him to a party his other friends attended etc.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric feel dissed?   Did Eric feel dissed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric feel dissed?
Page 1 of 1