Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?

Go down 
+5
radaddio
Grayscale
Jenn
Juicy Jazzy
WendlaBergman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90224
Forum Reputation : 0

Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Empty
PostSubject: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98769
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 10:45 pm

What's with the victim mentality with gays? I think it's just a coincidence that their voices are like that. Not everything in life is an attack on homosexuality. You're drawing a really long bow here.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119008
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:31 pm

It wouldn't be the first time they were portrayed as homosexual. Look at the movie, Elephant.

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:50 pm

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grayscale

Contribution Points : 82607

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 12:20 am

I think you're grasping at straws here. It appears to just be the actor's voice.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 12:32 pm

It wouldn't surprise me. That movie seems to be a worthless piece of lying Christian propaganda anyway. Still, Dylan was bisexual, but Eric used heavy amounts of anti gay rhetoric in his journals.
But even if Dylan was bisexual, according to information I got off of Cleaning Columbine, the movie changes history in so many ways that it will be completely historically inaccurate, so it wouldn't matter anyway.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 3:16 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
HUMANE55 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me. That movie seems to be a worthless piece of lying Christian propaganda anyway. Still, Dylan was bisexual, but Eric used heavy amounts of anti gay rhetoric in his journals.
But even if Dylan was bisexual, according to information I got off of Cleaning Columbine, the movie changes history in so many ways that it will be completely historically inaccurate,  so it wouldn't matter anyway.

However, he did not speak with a "gay lisp" and to imply he was gay is to imply maliciously that LGBT people as a whole are violent.

Just to clarify didn't mean to imply anything against LGBT people, and I'm honestly very sorry if that's what it looks like...I was just trying to point out an intersting fact that doesn't get brought up that often. I have nothing against members of the LGBT community, and in fact have several friends among their number.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83640
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 3:20 pm

I could see there being a lean in that direction. The fact that the actor naturally talked like that may have been picked up on by the casting director, and may have influenced the casting decision.

There were early rumors of E/D being gay/bisexual. Oddly enough, that was a rather cutting thing to accuse the dead of back in the day, and especially in conservative middle America. The good, forgiving Christians silently prayed for all involved, but secretly wished for hell fire, and to spread the hurtful rumor of them being reclusive, gay goths.

Thankfully, times have changed.

I haven't seen anything about the movie yet, since I know it will piss me off to no end and I need to set aside time for that. But shooting from the hip I would say that it would be possible for the producers to manipulate things in that direction. I don't know if they did intentionally, or if at all, but it would be doable.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 3:32 pm

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi,
I've watched pretty much all of the videos on cleaning columbine so I must have missed that discussion somehow...could anyone tell me the title of the video where Dylan possibly having been bisexual was discussed?
Thanks!

Also I didn't notice an effeminate lisp? Possibly because the inaccuracies of the whole "where's your god now?" distracts me too much!
Other than that, it actually looks like it's going to be a pretty interesting film.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 5:58 pm

I got the information that Dylan was bisexual off of Wikipedia, I got the information about the Rachel Scott movie off of Cleaning Columbine. I've seen most of the Cleaning Columbine videos as well, and I don't think it ever gets discussed.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97867
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 7:05 am

I have not noticed any overtly gay vibes from the trailer, but the Dylan actor really speaks in a contstrained, "artificial" manner. Doesn't make his lines feel very natural. I think its just poor acting though. I worked with amateurs in film myself and this often comes up.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102997
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 7:05 am

You're over thinking. Besides the only scene we see Dylan speak is a reenactment of the BT. He is obviously speaking in a mocking tone sounding like his mother, just like how it was in the Basement Tapes

Also the movie is a disgrace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:06 pm

HUMANE55 wrote:
I got the information that Dylan was bisexual off of Wikipedia, I got the information about the Rachel Scott movie off of Cleaning Columbine. I've seen most of the Cleaning Columbine videos as well, and I don't think it ever gets discussed.

Thanks. Unless this has references other than wiki, I'm not too convinced by this....just checked out their wikipedia page and there are a lot of inaccuracies/rumours that are unverifiable or have been proved false. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by themightylaura on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97867
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:21 pm

One thing I can say with absolue certainty is that nothing that Dylan wrote in his jo0urnal is clearly gay. He always refers to his love as "she", "her" etc.

The notion that Eric was gay or bisexual is even more bizarre, given his journal and website.

Also, whenever there was an article by someone who saw the basement tapes, its always mentioned that there's both vividly racist and vividly homophobic statements made by E&D on the tapes.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 102099

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Dylan Bisexual....
Hell lets try to prove Stalin was... I read it on the internet it has to be true....

While it is possible, I HIGHLY doubt it.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 1:36 pm

I wonder if "Elephant" gave credence to all of the gay rumors? I know it was mentioned right after the shooting, but I think that was the Evangelical attempt at sullying the killer's names in the afterlife.

As I recall, that was the first school shooting that was reported as revenge for bullying. The day that it happened, there were already fansites lauding them as heroes of the goths and outcasts. there was already a large chunk of the population that was having a hard time feeling they were the bad guys, and rather the vengeful underdogs.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83439
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 pm

I really don't mean to be rude, but this is honestly pretty dumb. Lots of straight males have soft or "effeminate" voices, especially during their teenage years. I know this because of my own voice. Unless they play a gay angle in the film its nothing.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:07 pm

...Ah, Tumblr.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?   Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I overthinking this? Or did other people notice it too?
Page 1 of 1