Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did they notice?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74574
Forum Reputation : 0

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 1:18 pm

I wonder just how conscious or how set in reality they were when they reentered the library? Did they notice that most everybody had escaped or were they in a sort of fog after the adrenaline had worn off, as their quiet period would suggest, and the disappointment of "failure" after the propane bombs wouldn't explode?
According to Cullen decomposition set in rather quickly so the smell would have been unreal, did they even notice or feel even a twinge of remorse for all the carnage? Did Dylan really try to avoid walking through the bodies as much as possible ( note that this "fact" was set forth by Cullen , who is so biased and completely set on the idea that Dylan was manipulated by big bad, psycho Eric. Furthermore, I can't see how this would be a possibility considering the dead bodies were pretty spread out across the library.)
Where was Ireland during this, had he regarded consciousness yet, had he started his crawl to the window yet? Did E/D see him/notice that he was still alive and moving?
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83189
Forum Reputation : 80

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 3:23 pm

I can't imagine them not taking one last peek around the room at the death and destruction they caused. I think their "quiet period" was more of an adrenaline crash than some kind of dissociated fugue state. The boys were well aware of the crime the committed, as well as him much of a failure NBK was, right up until they shot themselves. Sometimes I wonder if they roamed simply to look at the school one last time. I still maintain that Dyaln was ready to die the second he arrived at the school, but I do have my doubts about Eric. Maybe walking through the halls and seeing the classrooms he saw everyday gave Eric the peace needed to die? Maybe it reaffirmed how much he hated the school, thus giving him the push to finally kill himself?

But yeah I just can't imagine that they didnt notice the library carnage. The smell of decaying blood and vacated bowels from the bodies of the dead would have been overpowering.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:26 am

There's no longer room for realisation such as that. They were already on a high.

shades

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:28 am

And the thing they had on their minds repeatedly was probably why the fuck the bombs hadn't gone off.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 8:34 am

I think Eric went into that library again not to see the carnage but to get a higher vantage point on the cops. I think he had that one idea set in his mind. I don't doubt they looked around though. I think by the time he realized he couldn't have this epic shootout with the police he was just done and shot himself

Both Patrick and Lisa were in the library. I think Patrick was very out of it. Very doubtful he was really aware, but Lisa was aware. However she has never come forth with any real information about those last moments. Something I wish would happen.

shades

shades

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:09 am

Lisa was actually still in the library when they came in again? But she wasn't there anymore when they killed themselves right? Wasn't Nicole Nowlen last? (excluding Patrick)

Lizpuff

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:14 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Lisa was actually still in the library when they came in again? But she wasn't there anymore when they killed themselves right? Wasn't Nicole Nowlen last? (excluding Patrick)

Nicole may have been one of the last to walk out, but Lisa was rescued by EMTs. I think even Patrick left before her. She was def. in there when they committed suicide.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:20 am

Interestingggg....oh poor Lisa.

shades

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:21 am

Oh my goodness yeah so she heard them die. She never spoke more about it?

Lizpuff

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:25 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Oh my goodness yeah so she heard them die. She never spoke more about it?
Not publically no. She gave information to the police in the 11k but no specifics about the suicides or anything

She basically stated that she layed down and listened to the bells marking the different times. She states she heard someone come into the library but was not sure who it was and didn't move for fear that the shooting would start again. She said she remembered no details about when they came back in.

All in all she was pretty vague
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 am

I legit got chills all over realising that there was someone alive when the boys killed themselves. I would give anything to be in her memory right now. But, to actually be there, I understand if it was all a blur and panic stricken and almost every sound is both clear yet mixed.

Cause if she were aware enough I really want to know if she heard the boys say anything to each other.

Lizpuff

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:32 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I legit got chills all over realising that there was someone alive when the boys killed themselves. I would give anything to be in her memory right now. But, to actually be there, I understand if it was all a blur and panic stricken and almost every sound is both clear yet mixed.

Cause if she were aware enough I really want to know if she heard the boys say anything to each other.

She is the one who heard the comment of "you in the library" but was not sure who said it or if it came from outside the library. I am sure she was in shock. I do think that she will never want to relive it which makes me think she did explicitly hear the suicides or something else that affected her very very deeply. She could just be very affected by the whole ordeal but without knowing what kind of person she is, I am thinking that she did hear something truly terrible.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:37 am

Lizpuff wrote:
She is the one who heard the comment of "you in the library" but was not sure who said it or if it came from outside the library. I am sure she was in shock. I do think that she will never want to relive it which makes me think she did explicitly hear the suicides or something else that affected her very very deeply. She could just be very affected by the whole ordeal but without knowing what kind of person she is, I am thinking that she did hear something truly terrible.

Maybe she heard and realised what had happened - that the boys killed themselves, and she felt a morbid sense of survivor's guilt, meaning she felt sad for the perpetrators and yet angry that she was also surrounded by dead bodies of her own peers. It's both sad, and angry PLUS must've been a nervous wreck cause she was just stuck there and not sure if it was okay to move.

My heart goes out to her. Gaaah, chills!

Contribution Points : 74574
Forum Reputation : 0

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Where was Lisa exactly? Under the table with two dead bodies (Lauren and Kelly), right? That's on the other side of the library from the suicide spot, I think, so I doubt she heard anything concrete or
significant. Plus she was shot so shock and consciousness due to blood loss would definitely be factors.
I think her reasons for staying quiet through all of these years is a desire to forget and move on, which is totally understandable, but also from embarrassment because she wasn't brave/strong enough to get out with everyone else, some way more seriously than her.
Wàs she a senior so did she attend graduation or did she go back the next year?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 12:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] She graduated like a brave queen:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Lisa's graduation on May 23, 1999"

Did they notice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did they notice?   Did they notice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did they notice?
Page 1 of 1