Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine HS Needs Text Books?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Empty
PostSubject: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:53 am

From YouTube, "This year, the students at Columbine High School need Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry textbooks. Currently, the 1200 books we are using are on loan from a textbook company. In order to purchase books for next year we need to raise $50,000. Each book is $85 and we need to purchase 1200. We have $52,000 in the school budget for textbooks, but that will only cover half of what we need. Through thousands of $10 donations, we will reach our goal! Making a $10 donation to Columbine High School is making an investment in our students' future; it is becoming part of the group that stands behind our students, supporting them as they strive to be successful for college and beyond. Through a collective and coordinated effort, we can create success."

Hello...dont students need textbooks every year? And sorry but dancing around school for text books is just ridiculous and silly. If the school did not budget accordingly then there is an Admin FAILURE, so dont make the kids start jumping around because of other people's STUPIDITY.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:19 pm

They don't need new textbooks EVERY fucking year.

That's just something they do so the book companies can make more money.

They just slap on a few minor new things (like say, the last election and 5 years of politics) then act like there's a massive difference between the current book and old one.

Only science and computers really need a new textbook every year, other books can do fine with just a new one each 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Tell them to cut back on the sporting equipment and they'd be able to afford new text books.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Textbooks need to be replaced every few years because of wear and tear, even if the material isn't outdated. But yeah, textbook companies are in it for the money. I'd personally like to see more schools issue tablets...but I'm sure textbook companies would still jack up their prices.
Back to top Go down
Laeda

Contribution Points : 101556
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Textbook companies make some changes to books every year so that they can't be borrowed for different-pages/writings issues between who buys new books and who borrow/buy old ones, that happened a lot of times in my class in HS, especially if they're exercices books and the order/number is all fucked up, with theorical books is simpler as you can just search for the subject. It's not REALLY necessary buying new books every year, you can live with it.

But then it's basically the school that supplies books to the students (supposedly for free if they didn't need donations)?
Here everyone buys his own books with his own money but they don't cost that much, 85$ for a school book is so expensive!

Contribution Points : 102178
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I hate that song and after watching that video, I see why Eric and Dylan hated that school so much.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Lifetime wrote:
I hate that song and after watching that video, I see why Eric and Dylan hated that school so much.

I agree and thought the same thing when I watched it. I seen this awhile ago, someone posted it on my other Columbine page and I didn't even watch the whole thing. I thought it to be obnoxious.

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102412
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Hmm what did i just watch Shocked
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101913
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Looks like everyone in the video is having fun. I don't see the problem here.

Quote :
I see why Eric and Dylan hated that school so much.

Bah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine HS Needs Text Books?   Columbine HS Needs Text Books? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine HS Needs Text Books?
Page 1 of 1