Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books Recommendation about Columbine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyloki616

Ladyloki616

Contribution Points : 42312
Forum Reputation : 0

Books Recommendation about Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Books Recommendation about Columbine   Books Recommendation about Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Any recommendation on books about columbine?
I know of Dave Cullen's book and to take it a pinch of salt. I know he changed facts and such, but not what else I should be aware of when reading it. I want to read Randy Brown's book and I know he is very adamant that Eric killed Dylan then himself.

Many thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80497
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Books Recommendation about Columbine   Books Recommendation about Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 6:52 pm

Randy is doddering and wrong about a great many things. I would take it with more salt than Cullen's book and I wouldn't disagree with taking his with some either.   Brooks's book is online: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I really think all the books make the error of thinking the cafeteria bombs jointly failed at 11:17, nor do any do the library massacre properly.  Several don't even have a section dedicated to it.

Jeff Kass's book is probably the best in English. Tim Krabbe's is probably the best period. But with the above caveats, and others I don't give so as not to ramble.

They're both inferior to the 11k, which is really the best answer.  

You can also see the list of the books on the wikipedia - I put them there.
Back to top Go down
rj96

rj96

Contribution Points : 29550

PostSubject: Re: Books Recommendation about Columbine   Books Recommendation about Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 7:31 pm

I would recommend checking out the 'Columbine Books' section from here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'Columbine - A True Crime Story' by Jeff Kass is considered one of the best books available, and you can find it from that link. 'We Are but We Aren't Psycho' by Tim Krabbe has a slightly rough English translation but also some good insights on Columbine.

Also, it's not in that link above from what I can tell, but Rita Gleason's 'Evidence Ignored: What you May not Know About Columbine' and Daniel Mauser's 'Walking in Daniel's Shoes' are well-regarded as well.
Back to top Go down
Gus T. Renegade

Contribution Points : 7525

PostSubject: Re: Books Recommendation about Columbine   Books Recommendation about Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2023 4:25 am

What questions would you recommend asking Jeff Kass about the Columbine shooting? I should be able to interview him about his book later this summer.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books Recommendation about Columbine   Books Recommendation about Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books Recommendation about Columbine
Page 1 of 1