Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine Library books

Go down 
+4
silentprocess
Draw_It_White
1Mare1
haydenschool
8 posters
AuthorMessage
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 64348
Forum Reputation : 0

Columbine Library books Empty
PostSubject: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 12:10 am

What ever happened to all the books inside the library after the shootings? I'm assuming those covered in blood (Especially the books near E&D's bodies as well as blood from victims) got replaced. But what about those that were left untouched, were they replaced or put in the new current library?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong! But I would assume they were all destroyed. As they came from a library that had a few pipe bombs explode in it, random gun shots scattered around, etc. So its fair to say that a lot of them had some sort of damage, and likely smelled of smoke.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:41 am

Most of them were either soaked by blood, or damaged from water out of the sprinklers. Either way, they were disposed of.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 am

1Mare1 wrote:
Most of them were either soaked by blood, or damaged from water out of the sprinklers. Either way, they were disposed of.

I thought sprinklers didn't go off in the library and only went off downstairs?

I read an article years back from a woman who helped with the cleaning of the library. Some books were saved and not full of Eric's brain goo. I can't remember what happened to them - I think they may have gone to charity shops or something rather than put in the new library.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:45 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:

I read an article years back from a woman who helped with the cleaning of the library. Some books were saved and not full of Eric's brain goo. I can't remember what happened to them - I think they may have gone to charity shops or something rather than put in the new library.

I was wondering about that as well. I do not think the library's sprinklers were activated. If they were then all the pics/videos coming out would have showed everything being soaked. You would have been able to see the water. Plus the pics and videos that showed the blood stains would have been very noticeable if the carpet had been water logged.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:

Correct me about the sprinklers thing, I am not sure about it. Some shelves were shot at too, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 62059

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 12:35 pm

If there were any around I'd love to have one, course verifying it's really from the library would be nigh impossible.

Not saying I'm all in on the paranormal but when I've researched/watched paranormal stuff it's mentioned that objects can absorb emotions and stuff from horrible events.

Is that mularky?

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm

silentprocess wrote:
If there were any around I'd love to have one, course verifying it's really from the library would be nigh impossible.

Not saying I'm all in on the paranormal but when I've researched/watched paranormal stuff it's mentioned that objects can absorb emotions and stuff from horrible events.

Is that mularky?

That depends on your beliefs. I myself have had enough strange things happen around me and other close family, that I have no doubts there are things that happen that just cannot be explained. I wholeheartedly believe that places and sometimes things can absorb very strong emotions and energy.

While some people would say "Nah that's impossible! Things like that aren't real." But those people have never lived my life, nor had the experiences I've had.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 62059

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Yeah I don't know, I'm in the middle but having a brain matter book in the house and seeing if anything happened would be cool.

Hard to believe that there wouldn't be some books out there then. I'd like to have one, but no way to ensure it's real. Sad

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm

I for one believe that spirits can latch onto things. Maybe not to the extent of Ed and Lorraine Warren opening up a museum, but I have had my fair share of supernatural occurrences that I believe were due to objects.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:23 pm

silentprocess wrote:
Yeah I don't know, I'm in the middle but having a brain matter book in the house and seeing if anything happened would be cool.

Hard to believe that there wouldn't be some books out there then.  I'd like to have one, but no way to ensure it's real.  Sad

I agree, there would be no way of authenticating it.
Back to top Go down
AestheticDeath

Contribution Points : 67357

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 am

I think in my school library at that time the books had little "pockets" or sleeves added where you had to fill out your name and dates the book was borrowed. Plus most libraries stamp their books, don't they? The stamp itself wouldn't be enough I guess since it could be from any year, but if they used that card system maybe there really are a few verifiable books floating around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 10:23 am

One would assume that the books were stamped, but to my knowledge no one has ever come across one that was possibly in the library on 4/20. Which leads me to believe they were probably destroyed.
Back to top Go down
haydenschool

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 pm

They could have SURVIVED, but with the due date form on the front *That shows when the book was due* replaced. Who knows, maybe they ended up in other schools? Reading
Back to top Go down
haydenschool

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I also got Dave Cullen's "Columbine" from my High School's library. *Its due on Tuesday the 17th I believe* but like maybe, just maybe some books could have come from Columbines? Reading
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am

haydenschool wrote:
They could have SURVIVED, but with the due date form on the front *That shows when the book was due* replaced. Who knows, maybe they ended up in other schools? Reading

That is one possibility. Some may have been saved, or they all could have been tossed. No one really knows what was done with them.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Lee

Abigail Lee

Contribution Points : 81715

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:51 am

Ithink it would be too expencive for the school to replace all of the old books ...or not Suspect Question Question

Mind is the destroyer
Soul is the survivor
Which one you listen to...
YOU BECOME - me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 9:08 am

Abigail Lee wrote:
Ithink it would be too expencive for the school  to replace all of the old books ...or not Suspect Question Question

They built a new library which was funded by money raised/donated, so the books were likely all replaced. But there has been much speculation on what did happen to the books that were in the old library. Some would have been blood splattered, some damaged by pipe bombs, crickets, gun fire, and smoke. One would think they were all destroyed. But no one really know if everything was tossed or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Imagine getting a book from a sale/shop of some sort and you somehow find out Eric Harris's brain matter landed on that book...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2020 3:32 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
Imagine getting a book from a sale/shop of some sort and you somehow find out Eric Harris's brain matter landed on that book...

Given that the books would have been considered a bio-hazard, they were probably disposed of. I'd imagine that they just tossed all the books on that whole shelf and the shelf next to it to avoid any sort of issues.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

Contribution Points : 105340
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 6:55 pm

I can confirm sprinklers did NOT go off in the library.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Library books   Columbine Library books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine Library books
Page 1 of 1