Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"

Go down 
+6
Falco
queenfarooq
PaintItBlack
FlyerFan
deathmedic
Jenn
10 posters
AuthorMessage

"Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Empty
PostSubject: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:16 am

Sorry if this isn't the correct category to put this topic in but I had to share with you guys. So there's this book.. Check out the name of the school, the little blurb on the cover, and it sorta looks like columbine! Fun facts. Author is from Colorado. & some of the characters in the book eerily have the same names as some of victims (kelly, Danny)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:17 am

Was published 8 years before, 1991
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:26 am

At first I thought someone just photoshopped 'Columbine' onto the book but no, it really does say Columbine on it. And what is the gist of this story? I've never heard of it. A school shooting at a school called 'Columbine'?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here's a little summary

Kelly has always been afraid of final exams. Now she's scared to death.

Something strange has been going on all week....something weird. It started with someone playing a few pranks on her at school. Trashing her locker. Stealing her purse. Then the pranks turned deadly.

Someone doesn't want Kelly to graduate. They've prepared a special final exam, just for her. And she'd better not have any wrong answers ... because her life depends on it. Less
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:33 am

Whoops didn't mean to put the "less" at the end
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101999
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Strange....I'm going to have to find this and read it.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76997
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Totally creepy, and yet I want to read it.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:56 pm

I heard this was written by a disgruntled former student but I don't know if that's correct or not.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102512
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 9:14 pm

There's some discussion about it here also on Reddit where the author apparently posts:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86782
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Sounds interesting, I wanna read it.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:39 am

@queenfaroq,
Thank you for clearing up the rumors as to who actually wrote the book.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97827
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Worth mentioning that the book was published before the major renovations to the school in 1995, so that could be why it doesn't look exactly like the Columbine we're familiar with.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76997
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 2:53 pm

fatlittleparasite wrote:
Worth mentioning that the book was published before the major renovations to the school in 1995, so that could be why it doesn't look exactly like the Columbine we're familiar with.

The author said it was inspired by another school of the same name that their daughter went to, check out the reddit link that someone posted above, lot of good questions answered there.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83388
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:51 pm

FlyerFan wrote:
fatlittleparasite wrote:

The author said it was inspired by another school of the same name that their daughter went to, check out the reddit link that someone posted above, lot of good questions answered there.

The author (Auline Bates) stated on reddit, that the cover art work was outside of her control, but that she had control of the schools name. Her daughter was a student @ Olde Columbine in Longmont (about 40 miles north of Denver). Also stated the author didn't even think of the school name coincidence on 4/20 until asked about it later.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83707
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 10:07 pm

What a freaky coincidence, I would be interested to read.

Violenta

Contribution Points : 80462
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 4:46 am

This brings back memories..I actually read the author's books in probably 6th grade. I never noticed the Columbine name though..now I'm going to try to find a copy for science.

PostSubject: Re: "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"   "Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Teen horror book published 8 years before shooting foreshadowing?"
Page 1 of 1