Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books on Columbine

Go down 
+15
spinvault
Amarantha
sororityalpha
afrrs
Lizpuff
Draw_It_White
WhereHateRunsRed
Gonz
browneyes11
Wideawake
Lifetime
BurnIt
queenfarooq
tragedy79
Jenn
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71856
Forum Reputation : 0

Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 2:34 pm

shades wrote:
Gosh Grant, hahahah. No ill will on him I mean I'm sure he has done good work but reading his book is more like reading an aol conversation between two teenagers Suspect

Ehhehhe, I am supposedly not the only one who is reading at the moment tongue
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Quite a redundant question but since we're on the topic of SWAT team we don't know who's the one who moved Dylan from the actual position he was found right? Was it Grant? Grant did you move Dylan?

spinvault

Contribution Points : 73303

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 6:00 pm

shades wrote:
Quite a redundant question but since we're on the topic of SWAT team we don't know who's the one who moved Dylan from the actual position he was found right? Was it Grant? Grant did you move Dylan?
I wish he would have written the exact position he found Eric and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 6:19 pm

spinvault wrote:
I know. So far there're many flaws and missing info in his book. I have more questions as I go along the way instead of feeling covered.

spinvault

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 9:19 pm

shades wrote:
spinvault wrote:
I know. So far there're many flaws and missing info in his book. I have more questions as I go along the way instead of feeling covered.
I was hopeful that the book would be more informative, but I am getting more questions than answers so far.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 5:44 am

I feel like I'm just reading grant's anger and attempt at suspense rather than much needed information that would make his book valid.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98519
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 10:26 am

Interesting to read that they only sent one medic up with no kit to help Dave Sanders, and then told SWAT without even checking his pulse that he was dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 7:40 pm

My favorite book on columbine is No Easy Answers because it's very well written and a fascinating book.

The book just felt real and personal which is what I like, I like hearing from the perspective of someone who knew them as well as know others affected by what they did.

I tried getting into Columbine by Dave Cullen, but it just felt too fictional and not real when reading it, I understand wanting to describe things in detail, but Dave just went on and on about shit for too long.

I heard that Dave's book has a ton of misinformation and sheer ignorance all over the book which isn't good for people new to columbine research.

I also laughed at parts primarely chapter 7 since it talked about the begining of eric and brooks falling out and some of the shit eric does as well as his reactions are golden.

It was so fuckin funny, i wished he would've recorded it since it was so priceless, i would've loved to see eric pissed off over something trivial as a backpack.

Anyways, I highly recommend you check it out, it's really fuckin good.

One book i loved alot that talks quite alot about columbine, as well as other school shootings is Why kids kill, it is a good book to read if you're interested in mental health, as well as school shootings.

I never thought about the things Peter says about Eric and Dylan, i never thought about the majority of things he hated were a block of his progress, i never knew eric had surgery and had a metal plate in his chest.

It was just facinating.

Reading it was just as enjoyable and fascinating as the serial killer files because both go into a ton of detail about these people.

I think you all should check it out, it's an amazing.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:35 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Interesting to read that they only sent one medic up with no kit to help Dave Sanders, and then told SWAT without even checking his pulse that he was dead.

This was the only thing that I have learned so far from Grant's book. One medic alone in scrubs with no gear to protect him and no medical kit. What the heck did they expect that guy to do?
Back to top Go down
spinvault

spinvault

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 11:29 am

I just read the free sample of Walking in Daniel's Shoes by Tom Mauser. I can't imagine the emotion,anxiety and heartbreak the families of the victims experienced. And JEFFCO police was so insensitive having them wait for the last promised bus that would never arrive,asking them what their child was wearing that day, and even asking the Mausers for Daniel's dental records but telling them they no information and the investigation was continuing. It boggles my mind. Good sample will probably get the entire book soon.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 11:53 am

spinvault wrote:
I just read the free sample of Walking in Daniel's Shoes by Tom Mauser. I can't imagine the emotion,anxiety and heartbreak the families of the victims experienced. And JEFFCO police was so insensitive having them wait for the last promised bus that would never arrive,asking them what their child was wearing that day, and even asking the Mausers for Daniel's dental records but telling them they no information and the investigation was continuing. It boggles my mind. Good sample will probably get the entire book soon.

I have a pdf if you want it
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 11:56 am

Lizpuff wrote:

Gasp I want it. Pm me!

spinvault

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 11:59 am

Lizpuff wrote:
spinvault wrote:

What is a pdf?Sorry, I am an idiot when it comes to computers and technology.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I will PM you both

spinvault

spinvault

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 1:09 pm

I am reading the book "Walking in Daniel's Shoes" by Tom Mauser. I can't imagine the deep emotions sorrow and grief the victims' families experienced.I don't think I have the strength they have - I couldn't have closed the casket lid as he did. All the funerals I have been to, the funeral director always closed the casket after everyone had filed passed. Also listening to the audio tape and hearing Eric taunt Daniel then shoot at 11:34:54 and 11:34:57 would have been more than I could have handled. Just out of curiosity,does anyone know if that was a tape that JEFFCO only allowed certain people to hear and not available to the public much like the basement tapes. A good book about a parent's grief and the days and years after that tragic day.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 1:16 pm

spinvault wrote:
I am reading the book "Walking in Daniel's Shoes" by Tom Mauser. I can't imagine the deep emotions sorrow and grief the victims' families experienced.I don't think I have the strength they have - I couldn't have closed the casket lid as he did. All the funerals I have been to, the funeral director always closed the casket after everyone had filed passed. Also listening to the audio tape and hearing Eric taunt Daniel then shoot at 11:34:54 and 11:34:57 would have been more than I could have handled. Just out of curiosity,does anyone know if that was a tape that JEFFCO only allowed certain people to hear and not available to the public much like the basement tapes. A good book about a parent's grief and the days and years after that tragic day.

"The audio clip from the Library call that's hosted here is the longest clip publicly available. While a longer copy does exist, it has never been released to the public and probably won't ever be, due to the fact that people were being killed while the dispatcher was still recording the call."

spinvault

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks for the info. I am not sure I would want to hear the entire tape. I can't imagine hearing your child be taunted and shot and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 7:12 pm

I've as books on Columbine
1) No easy answer by Rob Merrit and Brooks Brown. Really loved it!!!

2) Columbine, a true crime story by Jeff Kass. It's a pretty good book about Columbine.
3) Rachel tears by Beth Nimmo and Darrell Scott .. This book has written by Rachel' parents and her siblings and friends
4) Rachel smiles too it's a good book
5. "A Mother's Reckoning" by Sue Klebold
6. Columbine by Dave Cullen
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36134
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 7:49 pm

The only books on Columbine I have read are Columbine A True Crime Story, and A Teenage Philosophy Of Awareness and Existence: Analysis of the Columbine Shooters' Worldview

I do want to eventually read No Easy Answers and Columbine: Evidence Ignored

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books on Columbine    Books on Columbine  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books on Columbine
Page 1 of 1